Making Scouts viable

arjunt1
Warder

Postby arjunt1 » Apr 21, 2017 23:31

This probably goes for most archer classes, but how do we make archers more viable?

Against casters with self bladeturn we can't slam to open, we can't critical shot to open, at best we can shoot once from stealth to pop bladeturn and then start firing again. Or we have to wait until they are engaged by someone else so their BT is down, but then we can't even critshot anyway, so the whole use case for having critical shot is pretty worthless against this whole class.

Solo what usually happens at this point is I get rooted or mezzed, then I die in 3 huge bombs. There's some cases where a caster forgot to refresh bladeturn where I might get lucky, but in general I'm probably going to die.

If I do start getting normal shots I can hit for 150-200 which is like 10% of health on a buffed caster, often casters will just run away from me while I'm shooting them.

On SBs forget it, I can shoot them sitting down and take off a chunk, but then they are on me and will just evade slam and I'm dead

Against melee my shots do laughable % of their health before they are on me and I'm dead.

So really what is the point of being an archer? We are on a 10 minute death timer after we attack until camo comes back up, the goal of this dynamic is supposed to be that we get a surprise attack on opponents then 10 minutes of run our asses away while stealthers hunt us down. In groups we do some of the lowest average dps over time.

All in all, its a pretty horrible experience, I'm just wondering if there's any plans to improve it? Normal stealthers seems to have a good time against solo targets, but archers seem to have to add on fights to contribute anything.

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » Apr 21, 2017 23:48

There will be no class changes, at all, so although I appreciate the points you have made I cannot see it changing / improving at all.

1.65 and that's that ultimately.

Play a different toon (and I appreciate that is not an ideal answer) as I am sure you will have poured a lot of effort into your character.

A lot of the classes in the game at this patch lv suffer from issues, hence why you do not see many of them running around at 50....just the way it is.

bruts
Myrmidon

Postby bruts » Apr 22, 2017 11:33

Use a Minstrel or Infiltrator Pet. :-P
-.-

Wraith
Warder

Postby Wraith » Apr 23, 2017 19:46

Laje made a post back in february saying how basically worthless scouts are compared to any other class, you should have taken the time to read it.

arjunt1
Warder

Postby arjunt1 » Apr 24, 2017 00:46

Wraith wrote:Laje made a post back in february saying how basically worthless scouts are compared to any other class, you should have taken the time to read it.

That's super helpful, thanks for posting

Return to Scout