Bow Damage

Joppen
Warder

Postby Joppen » Feb 23, 2017 16:23

I have a feeling that bow damage is low on uthgard. Maybe its missing 2h bonus or maybe something else.
I found this calculation but dont know how to test it, anyone who is good at testing who can look at it?

Bow Damage

http://critshot.com/forums/archive/inde ... 10007.html
http://www.critshot.com/forums/archive/ ... -9533.html

Bow damage is calculated the same as normal melee damage is however it has one unique feature in that there is an additional multiplier that is factored in from arrow bonuses.

To calculate bow damage the following formulas are used

Base Damage at 100% variance mark =

EDPS * (your WS/target AF) * (1-absorb) * slow weap bonus * SPD * 2h weapon bonus * Arrow Bonus

EDPS = effective dps of the weapon

For base damage this is (clamped factor and weapon condition/quality)

For cap damage this is (clamped factor only)

Condition and quality of the weapon will affect effective damage in the following way :

Effective dam = Clamped Damage * Quality(%) * Condition(%)

The clamped damage is your maximimum allowed damage at your current lvl:

Clamped Damage = 1.2 + LVL * 0.3

2h weapon bonus = 1.1 + (0.005 x spec)

SLow Weapon bonus = 1 + ( (spd - 2) x 0.03)

SPD = listed weapon speed.

Damage Cap = EDPS * SPD * 3 * (1 + (SPD - 2) * .03) * (1.1 + (0.005 x spec) )

2h weapon bonus (note: when the weapon is a two hand weapon, the cap uses the 2h weapon bonus formula also.

Arrow Bonus =

0.85 for (light damage) Blunt Suffixed arrows
1.0 For (medium damage) normal arrows
1.25 for (Extra-Heavy Damage) Broadhead Suffixed arrows

To calculate the effects of relics, base character resists and realm abilitys that add resists you would perform the following calculation:

Effective DPS * (your WS/target AF) * (relic bonus) * (1-absorb) * (1-base resists) * (1-RA resists) * slow weap bonus * 2h weapon bonus * SPD * Arrow Bonus

Example:

Attacker has 2000 weaponskill, 65 composite bow spec, a 5.5 speed bow with 16.0 effective dps, using blunt footed flight broadhead arrows, has no relics, and is attacking a chain using target with 635 af, 20 character resist, 20 RA resist.

16.0 * (2000 / 635 ) * 1.0 * ( 1 - .27 ) * ( ( 1 - .20 ) * (1 - .20) ) * 1.105 * 1.425 * 5.5 * 1.25 = 254.8759937
Percival Vogon (Hrafnin Flygur)

Ardri
Eagle Knight

Postby Ardri » Feb 26, 2017 19:56

People have speculated bow damage was off since the beta launched. Definitely needs to be looked into.

Also see: https://www2.uthgard.net/tracker/issue/ ... _/_spec_???)
<Bushido>
Ardri - Minstrel
Quickonthedraw - Cabalist
Bareknucklechamp - Merc

http://imgur.com/P2fR3JZ

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Aug 16, 2018 18:24

This is a missing part on Uthgard. We only have that applied on cap, not direct damage.

Means slow weapons or bows lack some damage up to 10%.

Bonus from different arrow types was ofcourse used already.
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

Ramiye
Myrmidon

Postby Ramiye » Aug 16, 2018 19:54

Blue wrote:

This is a missing part on Uthgard. We only have that applied on cap, not direct damage.

Means slow weapons or bows lack some damage up to 10%.

Bonus from different arrow types was ofcourse used already.

That means, there will be some dmg fix ? Someday ?
wwg1wga

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Aug 16, 2018 21:04

This means depending on the speed of your weapon you will see a damage increase. Bows and slow melee weapons will profit from it.
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

danever2
Warder

Postby danever2 » Sep 11, 2021 10:24

Sarazen lvl50+8 longbow - 16.5, 5.5 speed bow:
While I am doing 1020 dmg on lvl0 mob - in RvR I crit against caster with 350 and hit savages for 130-150.
So I need 3 crits to kill a caster - and 11 normal shots for a savage. So no surprise 3 scouts team up and synchronize their shots to get at least 1 kill. Very disappointing low damage... especially if you solo a scout forever, and then realize you have to team with 2 others to kill one enemy.

on the other hand I am glad because if 2 scouts can defend a keep against 8 attackers that would not be ok as well. but I do not see YET how to play my scout in rvr... have to learn a lot... I guess.

Ithiggi
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ithiggi » Sep 13, 2021 00:21

bows are weak ? Most would say they are too strong. I think they are a bit too strong I one shot casters sometimes on a hunter with a 5 sec bow. I could do slightly more damage on live but that was with 5.5 sec TOA bows and 400+ dex. \

Teri
Warder

Postby Teri » Sep 13, 2021 12:47

danever2 wrote:Sarazen lvl50+8 longbow - 16.5, 5.5 speed bow:
While I am doing 1020 dmg on lvl0 mob - in RvR I crit against caster with 350 and hit savages for 130-150.
So I need 3 crits to kill a caster - and 11 normal shots for a savage. So no surprise 3 scouts team up and synchronize their shots to get at least 1 kill. Very disappointing low damage... especially if you solo a scout forever, and then realize you have to team with 2 others to kill one enemy.

on the other hand I am glad because if 2 scouts can defend a keep against 8 attackers that would not be ok as well. but I do not see YET how to play my scout in rvr... have to learn a lot... I guess.

How much Dex ?
What RR ?
Which RA ?

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Sep 14, 2021 17:19

Teri wrote:
danever2 wrote:Sarazen lvl50+8 longbow - 16.5, 5.5 speed bow:

How much Dex ?
What RR ?
Which RA ?

Also what level is target?
Are the templated with full melee resists?
Are they standing still or better yet sitting down?

You will find much more damage vs newer players not in good gear, xping, lower realm rank.

Moving targets can not be hit with crit shot so wait for them to stand still or better yet sit. Players with more experience in RVR here know not to stop moving or sit out in vulnerable spots due to the damage increase archers can get.

2 archers successfully defend a keep for these reasons more often then not. Volley helps a ton as it ignores LOS from walls, ceilings, doors and other objects.

Return to Scout