Andbriwal
Warder

Postby Andbriwal » Jan 05, 2017 23:40

Stealth @ 68% of level
Thrust @ 58% of level
Shield @ 84% of level
Bow @ 90% of level
Remaining points in Slash
I know it's not possible to get exact percentages at lower levels, but with judicial use of a character builder you can stay close to the percentages, whilst training to get new styles as points become available.

At level 50 this would be:-
34 Stealth
29 Thrust
42 Shields (gets "Slam")
45 Bow
5 Slash

This is for a Saracen Scout, spending 15 points in Dex and 10 in Quick at creation.

Caldrian
Gryphon Knight

Postby Caldrian » Jan 10, 2017 15:11

I feel specing stealth while leveling is a waste, it doesnt help you.

You can have at level 46

45 bow
42 shield
29 weapon
(7 stealth)

Then you can spend all remaining points in stealth from lvl 46.5 to 50.

Bistravoda
Myrmidon

Postby Bistravoda » Jan 11, 2017 21:31

Here how i going to make.

Saracen scout 15 dex, 10 con.

AT rr5 solo scout

Thrust 18
Bow 45
Stealth 34
Shield 50

No AT rr5 grp/solo scout

Thrust 20
Bow 50
Stealth 34
Shield 42

Or

Briton Scout dex 15 con 10

AT rr5 grp/solo scout

Slash 23
Bow 50
Stealth 34
Shield 42

Good Luck :)
Sent from AMG using Crtical Shot

Bistravoda = Clean Water

Lazyghost
Myrmidon

Postby Lazyghost » Jan 21, 2017 19:16

iam going to be rolling a scout as well. will be looking for a small team to roll with of like minded SCouts that want to have some fun.

i ill be going

AT rr5 grp/solo scout

Slash 23
Bow 50
Stealth 34
Shield 42

i would think as 50 bow moredammage on the crits and things need to die before they get to me. and if somthing gets jump on me its not really goin to make thaat much diference if i have a few more points in slash :)

wifibee
Warder

Postby wifibee » Jan 22, 2017 16:07

I have a question about this and it concerns stats and skills ..
How does Quickness affect damage ?
Is it a shadow stat like it boosts your attack speed BUT it lowers the damage per attack ?
Let's say i have 40 in Longbow, i use Rapid fire I and 75 bonus quickness on my gear and i attack every 1.5 second (totally random number i pull out of my butt) and i deal 250 damage per attack on a target.
Now let's assume 45 in Longbow for RF II but with 40 Quickness on my gear only .. and it has the same attack speed of 1.5 second.
Will it do also 250 damage ?
That, of course, assuming the extra 5 points in Longbow doesn't help the damage at all since it's not using styles and work as a composite skill when if you reach 50-something, you're good.

In that case, if it just makes you do attack a little less faster, 45 bows would be absolutely not necessary.
That assuming i'm right. But am I ?

Bistravoda
Myrmidon

Postby Bistravoda » Jan 22, 2017 23:20

wifibee wrote:I have a question about this and it concerns stats and skills ..
Is it a shadow stat like it boosts your attack speed BUT it lowers the damage per attack ?
Let's say i have 40 in Longbow, i use Rapid fire I and 75 bonus quickness on my gear and i attack every 1.5 second (totally random number i pull out of my butt) and i deal 250 damage per attack on a target.
Now let's assume 45 in Longbow for RF II but with 40 Quickness on my gear only .. and it has the same attack speed of 1.5 second.
That, of course, assuming the extra 5 points in Longbow doesn't help the damage at all since it's not using styles and work as a composite skill when if you reach 50-something, you're good.

In that case, if it just makes you do attack a little less faster, 45 bows would be absolutely not necessary.

- Archers receive Rapid Fire 1 at 35 specialization level in their particular bow skill, and Rapid Fire 2 at spec level 45. The difference between the two is how much endurance they take - RF 2 takes less endurance than RF 1.

what i relly miss is lvl 45 sure shot skill is patch 1.69h 8O

We have given archers a new ability called Sureshot that is available at 45 bow specialization for Hunters, Rangers, and Scouts. When Sureshot is toggled on, the archer will brace herself against attacks from range, giving her a 100% chance of not being interrupted by any ranged attack, including arrows and spells. Because the bow is being fired from a less natural position, the damage from each arrow is halved. Sureshot cannot be used with Rapid Fire, Critical Shot, Longshot, or Volley. Penetrating Arrow benefits will count towards arrowed fire using Sureshot.
Sent from AMG using Crtical Shot

Bistravoda = Clean Water

Rumonice
Warder

Postby Rumonice » Jan 28, 2017 21:46

I have been thinking of a scout spec. The problem with scout is after slam is purged not much options to kite/survive. This build gives much more options and retains the similar play style.

37 stealth
50 thrust
27 shield
35 bow

Instead of slamming right off the bat try to land wyvern fang snare to kite away and if during this setup evade = dragonfang stun and block = beartooth stun for critshot. If the snare gets purged you still got the stun and vice versa. Anytime stun still possible with 23 shield style back positional.

At higher RR, or if autotrain, can drop more stealth to slightly boost block chance.

Laje
Warder

Postby Laje » Jan 31, 2017 07:40

I am leaning towards (AT)

36 stealth
29 Slash
42 shield
45 bow

50 bow skill after reading up seems sorta useless as 1. you cant penetrate caster self BT 2. its one arrow difference 3. probably at most you are losing 125 dmg? assuming 500 dmg crit shot. Seems a little nuts to go 50 bow for (what I assume) is minimal damage increase.

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Feb 23, 2017 09:12

wifibee wrote:I have a question about this and it concerns stats and skills ..

Since the attack speed caps at 1.5 you will still do less damage the more quickness you have cause the quickness is lost, but obviously this scenario never happens, To cap swing speed needs 250 qui, haste and celerity with a slow hitting bow. Just make sure you do not go above 250 qui:
saracen=60 qui +10 creationg=70 +23 leveling=93+75 sc'ed = 168 (+potion dex/qui =30)=198 If you get buffed by cleric you can get up to +93 quick so 168+93=261 meaning you should not put any point in qui if you plan on grouping with a cleric, which is very unlikely as a scout so, i suggest you put 10 quickness at start.

Lets say you have a weapon with 9 DPS at 4.5 speed
Your quickness (+haste) impacts your swing speed:
if your quickness lowers your swing speed to 1.5, your weapon will become 3DPS and 1.5 Speed, but will still do the same dps after 4.5 seconds.
Swinging faster allows you to place more positionals, will drain your endurance faster, will make you miss/fumble more.
Swinging faster will make your fumbles and miss more insignificant, will allow you to place more damage since you place more positional styles, will use arrows faster (=more money/need more weight).
Swinging faster will also allow you to proc more (your weapon), and your opponent armor.
Swinging faster will also break the reactive styles of your opponent (on block, on parry, on evade)
Swinging faster allows you to strafe more.
If both people have few health left, a fast swinger has more chances to kill the opponent.

For scout i think, shoot quick arrows fast, get to melee, stun, land 4 positionals.

The thing about slow weapons:
All (same-lvl-qua etc..) weapons are marked as doing the same damage per second (16.5 for a lvl 50 weapon) slow, or fast. Slower weapons do more damage per hit (duh) but they actually also do more damage over time because they get a slight extra bonus in Mythic's formula.
Look at the bottom of this article for a formula.
http://daoc.nisrv.com/modules.php?name= ... pid=13#DPS
The slower the speed (higher number) the bigger the bonus.
"This slow weapon bonus modifies the overall damage cap of the weapon by what appears to be .3% for each .1SPD over 2.0SPD. In other words, a 5.0SPD weapon receives a 9% damage bonus over a 2.0SPD weapon."
I have tested that. It's true. (2005)

“Increasing your Quickness decreases your swing time - style damage, however, is based on your swing time. Therefore by decreasing your swing time, you also decrease your style damage, thus reducing frontloading. Over time, increasing your swing speed adds more damage because the non-style damage comes faster while the style damage remains the same, however each individual hit will do less damage.”
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Malyss
Warder

Postby Malyss » Apr 06, 2017 15:26

It's always been my understanding that quickness doesn't affect bow speed.
Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Apr 06, 2017 15:32

Quickness does affect bow speed.
Dexterity affects bow damage.
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Blacksin
Banned

Postby Blacksin » Apr 07, 2017 07:20

Requin wrote:Quickness does affect bow speed.
Dexterity affects bow damage.

Yeah if you pick up bow and hit someone in the head with it. I believe you are wrong. Quickness effects only Melee weapons.

Dex will effect Damage and speed. Speed of bow and arrows, and of course buffs raising dex.

Thalien
Phoenix Knight

Postby Thalien » Apr 07, 2017 12:22

No this is with new archery. Requin is right. It's quickness here
Fabienne - Blademaster
Junia - Bard
Audrina - Ench
-----
Zoe - Sorc
Stella - Pala
Devon - Scout

Return to Scout