Scout in beta

Bistravoda
Myrmidon

Postby Bistravoda » May 11, 2016 15:30

come guys tell uns observations on the scout, nobody say i word about scout.
Sent from AMG using Crtical Shot

Bistravoda = Clean Water

hazelhimself
Gryphon Knight

Postby hazelhimself » May 11, 2016 15:56

bump and mad props to all scout players. its weird there aint more feedback cuz ive seen a healthy amount of scouts all around alb...

Tollen
Guardian

Postby Tollen » May 12, 2016 14:43

I got my scout to 20.

I can solo Yellow, CS and shoot 3 times, run tell they leash back, finish off. repeat

Kill tasks from 16-20+ish at the keep just outside AV heading to cornwall is great spot for this.

but iv dumped every copper into fletching to make same lvl or higher bow, and using xheavy dmg/range arrows.

I'm poor all the time, in gray armor, no one invites me to groups after lvl 15

-Shenlong (look for me on Chantsalot if you need 450 fletcher)

Onze
Warder

Postby Onze » May 12, 2016 15:48

General, hypothetic question:

Wouldn't it be viable to go thrust/shield only while xp'ing? Saracen Scout should have crazy high block/evade rate... and you get AT in longbow...?

Tollen
Guardian

Postby Tollen » May 13, 2016 15:08

that sounds extreamly painful.

At recommendation from other scout.

I made a new 99qua bow, had a friend SC some stats. having much easier time doing blues and yellow.

21 - off to find new camp

Bistravoda
Myrmidon

Postby Bistravoda » May 14, 2016 12:34

did i test slash ? are 21 style work?

i have think about create saracen slash only because side slicer 21 style. if i cant kill target afer stun so use 21 style to slow and run (forest) kill from a distance :D
Sent from AMG using Crtical Shot

Bistravoda = Clean Water

Malyss
Warder

Postby Malyss » May 15, 2016 01:06

Apologies up front if it's a stupid suggestion but by lvl 18 is it possible to have 7 in shields for engage, full LB and 15 in thrust for Beartooth?
I can't remember if this is how I used to play but would this not enable you to pull with the usual CS then normal shots then, when the mob gets to you and starts melee, you Engage for a block then use Beartooth for a 6s stun giving enough time for another CS (before casually finishing off said mob whilst sipping tea and pondering the almost garunteed orange armour drop)

Sorry for forming the suggestion as a question but it's been so many years since I levelled a scout that my memorry is crusting over.

Budikah
Phoenix Knight

Postby Budikah » May 18, 2016 07:50

Props to all you masochists... it was hard on live, can't imagine what it'll be like here.

Laberintica
Warder

Postby Laberintica » Jun 06, 2016 15:07

1-20 is not that bad with tasks.
Making your own arrows saves you a lot of coin instead of buying them from the vendors.

If you stick to greens , your block/evade rate is out of the roof and you can pull non-stop. Then again with a good bow and arrows, yellows melt as long as you have the max range :)

onizukasensei
Myrmidon

Postby onizukasensei » Jun 06, 2016 16:10

XP wise, I have leveled as solo 5-28 with ease. Within 2 days of a bit more than casual game play (4-6 hours each day).
Bought a crafted bow (95% Qual) from a random Fletcher in Camelot and with best vendor arrows (all 3 types Slash - Crash - Thrust) I spammed yellow mobs non stop (stopped only to regen endo).
Knowing which arrow type to use is crucial and really makes a difference in damage.
XP gain rate starts to slow down around 30 and beyond, so this might be a really tricky part as Solo.

Treyt
Warder

Postby Treyt » Aug 30, 2016 20:04

Just curious if any of you have any video of testing the scout in rvr so far this Beta. More specifically, testing camo and true sight? I would love to see these in action.

Thanks!

Hojo1
Myrmidon

Postby Hojo1 » Aug 30, 2016 21:25

Treyt wrote:Just curious if any of you have any video of testing the scout in rvr so far this Beta. More specifically, testing camo and true sight? I would love to see these in action.

Thanks!

Should be very tough out there for you. My brother and I did a test with regards to how far away his Inf can be from my Scout, the distance was very far. I must admit the See all Hidden or whatever RA the Scout has is very powerful, but outside of that RA your limited to no visibily, and can be seen from very large distances without camo.

In my opinion its not worth the effort, but again we may be proved wrong once the server launches. I've spoken with a few scouts who say its actually not that bad and they are competitive, but we have to take into account this scout was tempplated, and he said he was fighting mostly un tempted people. This wont be case later on.

I would love nothing more than playing the scout, but until i can prove its worth it, I'll roll an Inf.

defill
Myrmidon

Postby defill » Dec 12, 2016 15:38

onizukasensei wrote:XP wise, I have leveled as solo 5-28 with ease. Within 2 days of a bit more than casual game play (4-6 hours each day).

just if new player reading this want them to know, this is not true. not close to true. not being jerk but don't want pepole to read this and think its anywhere remotley accurate.

10 hours from 5 to 28 = like 27 minutes per lvl . and thats if you can teleport immediately to trainer/perfect camps etc. very far from reality even if you are necro let alone solo scout.

Torgo
Eagle Knight

Postby Torgo » Dec 28, 2016 19:50

I've played a scout and ranger both fairly extensively in the beta.

In RvR, times are tough. I went the 42 shield, 35 stealth route, 35 bow, rest in pierce.

Mind you I was using the DF gear..

You are not going to beat anyone 1 on 1. You just cannot put enough damage down range in time before they get to you, QC, or their pet is on you. Expect crits in the 500 or less level against any decently geared opponent. Regular shots in the 200-250 range or less.

If you think you can rely on slam and finish off with melee, don't be so sure. You just are not equipped to go toe to toe with other melee classes. They will tear you up, even with slam.

The ranger could do a little more damage at range with the self buffs but was worse at melee.

All that being said, you do have the ability to pick targets of opportunity although it ****** people off...leach off a stealther or 8v8 fight..finish off an already hurt character...catch someone afk or not paying attention.

Leveling each was a pain. If (as some of the other posters mention) you can acquire a 99 qu bow at your level or a little higher and afford all the best arrows you can do OK...but that is big IF. I never could get a good bow and the best arrows are cost prohibitive at lower levels. If you can't keep yourself well geared you will be living on greens and blues and doing a lot of sitting to heal up.

I found in Hib I was able to get into groups easier just because with PBAOE the group make up is more forgiving. I was never grouped once in Alb.

All that being said, I will probably play a scout just because I like the solo aspect and dig Alb a bit more than hib. Whether I can stick it out to 50 is a big "if". Might be a better idea to start with a farming class to raise funds.

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Jan 23, 2017 06:08

I played with scout in beta and it cannot kill a blue with bow dmg before it get to the scout.

Nothing else needs to be said.
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

Return to Scout