Scouts Effectiveness with old RA

Hojo1
Myrmidon

Postby Hojo1 » Mar 12, 2015 18:22

I've been looking everywhere for information regarding scouts in Old RA's. I see a lot of complaints regarding True Sight and its 30 minute re use timer.. and the See Hidden Ability Assassins have.

I'm not 100% sure how both work, but I feel like without TS, an archer may never find an assassin and be able to get some sort of jump on them. In the past Archers would run around with high MOS and hit assassins as they see them. I feel like with the new ability system this will not be possible. Or is there another ability that Scouts get that work similarly to MOS?..

Thanks in advance

svperstar
Eagle Knight

Postby svperstar » Mar 12, 2015 18:38

Scout with Old RA is largely an exercise in frustration. See Hidden was given to assassins because way back in the day visi players complained archers would pop out of stealth fire a few shots and run and how unfair that was.

Scouts get no form of MOS at all Old RA.

See Hidden was ridiculously overpowered when it went in the game. It was clip range. This was eventually nerfed and according to equations floating around online it was 900 units, more powerful then MOS5.

It remains to be seen how many units See Hidden will be on Uthgard because the admins have not commented despite being repeatedly asked.
There will be a group of people out there who will want this realm to be entirely Mythic-like. Exactly like vanilla, drop rates/xp rates, basically everything and you will not be able to please them unless it is exactly like vanilla.

These people have their nostalgia goggles on so tight it's cutting off the bloodflow to their brain and they believe that vanilla was perfect and nothing was wrong with it.

Hojo1
Myrmidon

Postby Hojo1 » Mar 12, 2015 18:42

Id really like to get some clarity on this from the Staff or someone who knows what will be the end result when the server is live. If the answer is, "Whatever 1.65 patch was, that what you will get" then that is fine atleast I know. I am pretty sure that is the goal here therefore until I see something Else I think I'll just scrap my idea of playing a scout and go ahead and make an infiltrator.

Only type of RvR I like, or that is normally around when I play is the AMG Assassins battle during American Primetime. Playing as a scout looks to be useless at this patch level.

Austerim
Alerion Knight

Postby Austerim » Mar 12, 2015 19:07

I asked 2 staff members what the range would be a while ago and the answers were "The correct range" and "Not sure yet." :oops:
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> You have to be a c*** to be awesome at daoc
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> that's what I learnt
[3:11pm] <Frosty_> then why does austerim suck
lordgriffon wrote:Oh by the way... ever seen a group of 8 smite clerics? Or play against a group like that? I have. Absolute devastation. The group that runs up against them can't kill them fast enough because smite clerics have sooooooo many tools at their disposal combined with decent ranged damage with 8 of them dudes doing it!

Bistravoda
Myrmidon

Postby Bistravoda » Apr 24, 2016 01:41

what i think about scout 2.0:

is LVL go to be HELL, BG go to be HELL, RVR go to be HELL = difficult challenge :wall: :wall:
Sent from AMG using Crtical Shot

Bistravoda = Clean Water

shade
Eagle Knight

Postby shade » Apr 24, 2016 10:33

Scout waa a two Trick Pony In 1.65.
Slam and Dump in as many Crit shots as possible (although crits could be prevented by strafing while stunned", but most people didn't), or Slam and let others do the work if grouped. :)

With purge on a 30min Timer, there will be quite a few opportunities for this.
Especially since some people will not get purge at all on that Timer.
“DAOC is not about what you can log. It's about what you can play :> ”

Uthgard 1.0: <Die Lettanten> Ivia - 8L8 Nightshade - Lone Enforcer since 8L1.
Uthgard 2.0: <Illuminated Stormriders> Oxy - Hero; Ivia - Nightshade.

Bistravoda
Myrmidon

Postby Bistravoda » Apr 24, 2016 12:22

"although crits could be prevented by strafing while stunned"

truu, but you have you forgotten that at the time internet connection, it was crap.

I would strafing out of the game, real that much ****** :D
Sent from AMG using Crtical Shot

Bistravoda = Clean Water

shade
Eagle Knight

Postby shade » Apr 24, 2016 16:55

I'm not even sure if it had to do with lags or bad coding... I think someone told me that when pressing strafe keys, the server would think you were moving even though you were stunned (thus preventing archer shots from being critical).

Well, stun + shoot you was basically all that scouts did.. If they managed to land a stun before they were dead, or out of endu :D
“DAOC is not about what you can log. It's about what you can play :> ”

Uthgard 1.0: <Die Lettanten> Ivia - 8L8 Nightshade - Lone Enforcer since 8L1.
Uthgard 2.0: <Illuminated Stormriders> Oxy - Hero; Ivia - Nightshade.

Klade
Warder

Postby Klade » May 19, 2016 20:29

So would you say scouts are at a large disadvantage in the current build?

Would it be better to roll a ranger or do they suffer the same problem?

Celteen
Alerion Knight

Postby Celteen » May 19, 2016 20:45

Scout will do fine in the beginning while no one has s/c charge and MHB charge and will die within the 9 sec stun.
Later on more and more people will get their hands on those items and you won't stand a chance anymore vs any dual wielder.
The rest will still be free RP.
<<< This avatar is handmade by Inotor Wurzelbert : )
Check out the Mampfer-Threads for more.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25079
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26934

Laberintica
Warder

Postby Laberintica » Jun 06, 2016 15:05

Scouts are overpowered with purge being on a 30 minute timer. However... Assassins will rule the lands vs. the stealth wars.

Return to Scout