When will I not be endurance starved?

dabrixmgp
Warder

Postby dabrixmgp » Apr 05, 2017 11:47

OK Im only 9 so Im certain this will get better. I pull with my DoT, then use Puncture to put up a bleed, and since my gear sucks a lifetap is certain to follow soon. I have to sit after 4 mobs and Im only using ONE style per fight. This is kinda ridiculous and just wondering when it gets better. I looked into RAs but we only get ONE rank of Second Wind, which is a 15 min RU timer, so that aint gonna be worth it. Do I need to hook/strip for plat or something so I can spam endo pots on my way to 50?

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » Apr 05, 2017 12:22

Sadly it will not be getting better, this is the way endurance works on Uthgard, and as my memory of it working 'back in the day'

Tireless as an RA is totally worthless (I know, I tried lv5 tireless during beta and it did virtually nothing) which means paladins for endo regen.

So if you are soloing then it is simply just a case of having to do a few mobs, sit down and regen, do a few more.

As you are a shield using class you should get some off-block moves eventually which are normally endo efficient and solid damage.

GL :grin:
Last edited by morry1000 on Apr 05, 2017 12:25, edited 1 time in total.

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Apr 05, 2017 12:24

what about teaming up with a paladin?

onizukasensei
Myrmidon

Postby onizukasensei » Apr 05, 2017 12:56

dabrixmgp wrote:OK Im only 9 so Im certain this will get better. I pull with my DoT, then use Puncture to put up a bleed, and since my gear sucks a lifetap is certain to follow soon. I have to sit after 4 mobs and Im only using ONE style per fight. This is kinda ridiculous and just wondering when it gets better. I looked into RAs but we only get ONE rank of Second Wind, which is a 15 min RU timer, so that aint gonna be worth it. Do I need to hook/strip for plat or something so I can spam endo pots on my way to 50?

What I did in order to get my xp life easier was this (not sure if this can be done from new players unless someone helps).
1. Bought three decent crafted weapons 95%+ with fast speed (so I can take advantage of life tap proc) to last me till 20 level+
2. Was pulling with DoT
3. Was doing only one style per mob (as you do)
4. I was fighting ONLY mobs that are vulnerable to spirit, like ghosts and undeads (life tap proc devastates them and SPs are overwhelmed by them)
5. After I was able to use pots, stacked some cheap endurance regen pots that I bought at almost mats price

This way I steamrolled my way to 20+ in a day just by solo grinding (I was already level 7 when i started with this plan).

dabrixmgp
Warder

Postby dabrixmgp » Apr 05, 2017 13:52

onizukasensei wrote:
What I did in order to get my xp life easier was this (not sure if this can be done from new players unless someone helps).
1. Bought three decent crafted weapons 95%+ with fast speed (so I can take advantage of life tap proc) to last me till 20 level+
2. Was pulling with DoT
3. Was doing only one style per mob (as you do)
4. I was fighting ONLY mobs that are vulnerable to spirit, like ghosts and undeads (life tap proc devastates them and SPs are overwhelmed by them)
5. After I was able to use pots, stacked some cheap endurance regen pots that I bought at almost mats price

This way I steamrolled my way to 20+ in a day just by solo grinding (I was already level 7 when i started with this plan).

Yeah thats not gonna help me any. My AF was 15 and I could just barely solo Blues until someone gave me a set of armor.

onizukasensei
Myrmidon

Postby onizukasensei » Apr 05, 2017 15:02

dabrixmgp wrote:Yeah thats not gonna help me any. My AF was 15 and I could just barely solo Blues until someone gave me a set of armor.

Then my friend trying to fit into a group and search for loots is all you should look for till late 20s.

kranac
Guardian

Postby kranac » Apr 05, 2017 17:35

To answer your question:

I know you are auto training and this may not apply but for those that are flex:

Once you have shield high enough and you are at least 44 in flex you can kill about 3 yellows with one endurance bar.

This is completed by using the 4 part block chain. the 4th style cobra in the block line hits spirit weak mobs in barrows for around 344 dmg and returns 100% health. the 4 part block chain is all low endo use. you should be able to get 4-5 block chains off on one endurance bar if you only use the block chain and maybe a detaunt for the high defense bonus.

Using spells is not efficient for endo. If I have to or I want to I would use the dmg add or the lifetap but no pulses or even the DOT.

Using this method I hit the mob unstyled (pull with my body being close to the mob) until I get a block and start the chain. Or I use detuant as the secondary style to get the very high defense bonus. but that isn't efficient either. the taunts endo is to high and I don't use it solo.

Once you get the 44 flex style Cobra you can do 3-4 yellow mobs and end the battle with 100% health before sitting for endo. Only use the block chain. (this assumes you're fighting spirit weak mobs that don't parry or block your attacks) I do this with a 3.0 speed whip with DOT proc for max effect.

This yields me about a bubble of xp an hour solo in barrows at levels 48 and 49.

Hope this helps

Kranac

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » Apr 05, 2017 19:00

kranac wrote:...
maybe a detaunt for the high defense bonus.
Or I use detuant as the secondary style to get the very high defense bonus. but that isn't efficient either. the taunts endo is to high and I don't use it solo.

Just a tip, the defense bonus on styles only increases your enemies chance to MISS you. It does nothing else, so it will not increase the chance that you block. The same is true for attack bonus on styles: They only decrease your chance to miss an enemy, they don't lower the chance your enemy will block/parry/evade you.
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

kranac
Guardian

Postby kranac » Apr 06, 2017 16:21

Nezix wrote:
Or I use detuant as the secondary style to get the very high defense bonus. but that isn't efficient either. the taunts endo is to high and I don't use it solo.

Just a tip, the defense bonus on styles only increases your enemies chance to MISS you. It does nothing else, so it will not increase the chance that you block. The same is true for attack bonus on styles: They only decrease your chance to miss an enemy, they don't lower the chance your enemy will block/parry/evade you.

Thanks for the correction

Synderen
Myrmidon

Postby Synderen » Apr 25, 2017 14:18

Nezix wrote:

Can you verify this somehow?

popakoko
Myrmidon

Postby popakoko » Jul 09, 2017 05:26

This is NOT how tireless worked during 1.65 . It wasn't as fast as it it on live today but not nearly this slow .. I ran a Reaver when they first dropped . I had tireless 3. I remember if I only used reactionary styles like off parry/block and indigo I never had to sit between fights.

I look at it this way .. Look @ friar and Warden endo regen buff. its endo 2 and 4 . Or even pally endo chant 1... Does tireless 1 give the same endo that pally endo chant 1 gives ? Not even close. But both are endo regen 1.. LOL or tireless 2 = friar endo regen and tireless 4 = warden endo regen ? No no and no .. They are all endo regens .. So yeah no matter what anyone says tireless is in fact broken..

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Jul 09, 2017 10:39

popakoko wrote:This is NOT how tireless worked during 1.65 . It wasn't as fast as it it on live today but not nearly this slow .. I ran a Reaver when they first dropped . I had tireless 3. I remember if I only used reactionary styles like off parry/block and indigo I never had to sit between fights.

I look at it this way .. Look @ friar and Warden endo regen buff. its endo 2 and 4 . Or even pally endo chant 1... Does tireless 1 give the same endo that pally endo chant 1 gives ? Not even close. But both are endo regen 1.. LOL or tireless 2 = friar endo regen and tireless 4 = warden endo regen ? No no and no .. They are all endo regens .. So yeah no matter what anyone says tireless is in fact broken..

Lol, if my sheep is not a goat then its a wolf, but if my wolf is not a sheep then is it a goat? Roh life is so broken, the wolf is a sheep, in facts.

We want to check the balance of tireless RA vis-a-vis MCL RA

Lets take for example the RA MCL: 3/6/10 points for:
Level 1 30% mana regen every 5 mins [active]
Level 1 60% mana regen every 5 mins [active]
Level 1 90% mana regen every 5 mins [active]

The simplest reasoning i found would be:
Tireless 1 = 1 endo every 50 seconds or 0.02 endo per second or 0.1 every 5 seconds
Tireless 2 = 5 endo every 50 seconds or 0.1 endo per second or 0.5 every 5 seconds
Tireless 3 = 10 endo every 50 seconds or 0.2 endo per second or 1 every 5 seconds
Tireless 4 = 15 endo every 50 seconds or 0.3 endo per second or 1.5 every 5 seconds
Tireless 5 = 20 endo every 50 second or 0.4 endo per second or 2 every 5 seconds

You almost not lose endo with a quick weapon and Low endo style with Tireless 3
Last edited by Requin on Jul 09, 2017 11:43, edited 2 times in total.
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

popakoko
Myrmidon

Postby popakoko » Jul 09, 2017 11:37

Why on earth would you compare Tireless with MCL.. Tireless is an endurance regen that does not function as an endurance regen.. MCL is a percent power regen that clearly states how it works in its description..

I am only asking that Tireless work as it is described . Or I think it only fair that friar endo regen be nurfed down to the same regen as tirless 2 and warden nerfed down to what tirless 4 is ECT ECT .. This is really common sense folks..

If anything it should be compared to the RA serenity . But that wasn't a thing in 1.65
Everyone know Serenity 1 was equal to POM 1 .. Therefore we can conclude that Tireless 1 was intended to equal endo regen 1.
Rocket Science :)

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Jul 09, 2017 20:42

Tireless equivalent to Endo 1 for just 1 RA point is just not possible.
I autotrained Paladin up to level 36 using only endo 1 and I can tell you endo 1 was enough for me to have stamina always full (fast thrust weapon).

If for 1 RA point you get endo 1 it would be completely OP at the moment it costs 20 RA points:

Tireless 1 : gives + 1 end / 8 sec.
Tireless 2 : gives + 1 end / 7 sec.
Tireless 3 : gives + 1 end / 6 sec.
Tireless 4 : gives + 1 end / 5 sec.
Tireless 5 : gives + 1 end / 4 sec.

from: https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=37054

Which means you reach endo 1 for 20 RA points at tireless 4.

In the end I think the current design is fine and not all classes are meant to have zero downtime. Just buy endo pots to fix your endo regen and maybe spend a few points in LW and Tireless.
However, it is true that nobody cares to put any point into tireless atm, and its a useless RA, while a lot of people get MCL for mana regen.

So to balance it a little it should become:
3 ra pts Tireless 1: 0.125 per second or 1endo/8sec (CURRENT)
+6 ra pts Tireless 2: 0.2 per second or 1endo/5sec (BUFFED)
+9 ra pts Tireless 3:0.4 per second or 2endo/5sec (BUFFED)
remove Tireless 4 and 5
which means that:
+1 endo per second costs 9 RA points.
+2 endo per second costs 2*9 RA points
With endo 3 pots and Tireless 3 (18 RA points) you get endo 5 for 0 mana cost.
With endo 3 pots and tireless 2 (9 RA points) and LW 1 you get perma sprint for 0 mana cost.
With endo 2 pots and tireless 2 (9 RA points) and LW 2 (4 RA points) you get perma sprint for 0 mana cost.
With endo 1 pots and tireless 3 (18 RA points) and LW 2 (RA points you get perma sprint for 0 mana cost.

And then you can force your whole group to get tireless 2 and make a pala with only 32 in chants for endo 4.

Have to check balance also with friar/warden/savage to make them still advantageous w/ regards to fatigue
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

popakoko
Myrmidon

Postby popakoko » Jul 10, 2017 01:11

People here on the forums have mention Mythic saying that Tireless was a bugged RA.. It was also said this it was fixed sometime after 1.65. And if you played on live for any length of time you will know that tireless on live right now works exactly the same as it has for 10 + years since it was fixed ...

Someone said the debate shouldn't be is tireless broken on Uthgard.. It is and most people know and understand that .. The real debate is then since it was a bug that existed in 1.65 should it not be fixed ?? To not fix game bugs because they existed during the target patch is insane .

Next

Return to Reaver