Reaver in RvR

GRAHDENS5859
Guardian

Postby GRAHDENS5859 » Feb 22, 2017 21:58

What exactly is the role of the reaver in RvR? I understand the class but just can't quite put my finger on what they would be doing. Guard/Peels? I'm just trying to decide between pally and reaver for RvR viability.

Cinnah
Warder

Postby Cinnah » Feb 22, 2017 23:23

viewtopic.php?f=108&t=36912

^^^ Should help you find your answer. The Reaver (which is the class I wanted to play most but does not fit the meta 8 mans with my RL friends) does not have DET. So, they fall behind in 8 mans. If you're wanting to solo, zerg, small groups, or just pug around for groups/guilds that will take you, you will be fine as reaver.

The problem that paladin has is that you will get groups all the way to 50 (so I've heard) but the endo buff does not go very far so it makes them not as vital in pvp as other classes.
Uthgard 2.0 Caten - Hibernia Mentalist
Guinevere - Tonden Midgard Thane
Lamorak - Rammzy Midgard Mauler
Mordred - Rammzy Albion Scout

Nunki
Myrmidon

Postby Nunki » Feb 23, 2017 15:18

I could see 3+ Reaver in an 8 man as Unquenchable Thirst of Souls - Zerg Wipe group.

Same way I could see several Wizards with VP and/or bomb + Moc as a possible zerg Killer group.

The question would be, does it make sense to lvl/gear up a character for a theoretical situation that may never appear. :D
I see a great use in small-mans or as a solo Stealther-Killler. ;)

Until that moment, there are 8x8 fights everyday/hour, in which these groups could not compete in general (would need a bulky full mezz to you use the abilites properly).

Determination is the big problem.
I could image 1 Reaver in a tank/hybrid group (dmg is amazing, absorb debuff is nice, rupt is nice), but only with Purge ready and a good demezzer by your side. :D On the other side, what would you take out of the group for him? :D

2x Cleric, Sorc, Minstel, Theurg, Caba is quite set and seems to be the standart setup utility wise. 2 slots left. ^^

I think in the future, several setups will get tested and many people will try out fun characters and setups when they are bored from their efficiency. :D

Greetings

Return to Reaver