What size shield is best for reaver?

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Feb 22, 2017 11:04

shield size:

small - blocks one attacker
medium - blocks two attackers
large - blocks three attackers

iirc the difference between size is the number of attackers blocked, maybe speed for slam and beauty
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Charistoph
Warder

Postby Charistoph » Feb 22, 2017 16:36

A long time ago, Shield size and type determined speed and endurance usage for its styles.

Larger the shield, the slower and more End. From there, Round < Kite < Square for slowness and End usage.

Don't know if it still applies here, though.

Suprlazr
Guardian

Postby Suprlazr » Feb 22, 2017 19:25

Thank you for the information so far. I knew there were differences, I just forgot what they were.

That being said, what's the go to size for Reavers in pve and rvr?

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Feb 22, 2017 20:21

many tanks go with a large shield for guard tasks to block as many ppl/mobs as possible and a small shield when they need fast speed to slam classes with advanced evade
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Nunki
Myrmidon

Postby Nunki » Feb 24, 2017 11:00

Ilerget wrote:shield size:

small - blocks one attacker -> Lowest Endu costs for Slam -> If you slam many, but no need to block more than 1 (RvR)
medium - blocks two attackers -> Middle Endu costs for Slam -> Middle way
large - blocks three attackers -> Highest Endu costs fro Slam -> If you don't need to slam many/often, but you want to block as many as possible (PvE)

iirc the difference between size is the number of attackers blocked, maybe speed for slam and beauty

I am not entirely sure about speed differences. ;)

imamizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby imamizer » Feb 24, 2017 12:53

Nunki wrote:
Ilerget wrote:shield size:

small - blocks one attacker -> Lowest Endu costs for Slam -> If you slam many, but no need to block more than 1 (RvR)
medium - blocks two attackers -> Middle Endu costs for Slam -> Middle way
large - blocks three attackers -> Highest Endu costs fro Slam -> If you don't need to slam many/often, but you want to block as many as possible (PvE)

I am not entirely sure about speed differences. ;)

Slower weapons (shields in this case) use more endu per style, don't they?

bm01
Gryphon Knight

Postby bm01 » Feb 25, 2017 11:47

Ilerget wrote:small - blocks one attacker
medium - blocks two attackers
large - blocks three attackers

From my experience, this is inaccurate, you can block more than two attackers with medium shield (can easily be tested on grey mobs), but it seems that you get a block chance reduction for the 3rd attacker.
imamizer wrote:Slower weapons (shields in this case) use more endu per style, don't they?

Yes, but some medium shield have the same speed as small shields for example.

Return to Reaver