Auto training

Jamoca
Warder

Postby Jamoca » Feb 10, 2017 09:37

Currently leveling a Reaver, going into Soul & Flex, good path? Hoping to AT along the way; I mean I'm new to AT with a reaver or is it actually worth it like a paladin.
"Never, never, never give up"
Yurei Urahara - Infiltrator

Alistaja
Warder

Postby Alistaja » Feb 10, 2017 11:16

Jamoca wrote:Currently leveling a Reaver, going into Soul & Flex, good path? Hoping to AT along the way; I mean I'm new to AT with a reaver or is it actually worth it like a paladin.

You need to level with another weapon line if you want to AT flex. Having said that I've found ATing flex by going thrust super-easy. Although flex is clearly superior I've had no problem soloing yellows with just endu downtime using thrust. OJs are fine too but downtime between mobs gets a bit higher.

With how easy it is I'd say it's worth going with slash/thrust/crush up to 40 and respeccing flex then. Gives you an extra 3 points in parry which obviously isn't a deal breaker but everything helps eh?

End up with 50flex/42shield/36sr/19parry

onizukasensei
Myrmidon

Postby onizukasensei » Feb 10, 2017 12:13

I would like to add that Reaver is an insane killer (Paladin is more of a support class).
But more than that, his real potentials start to shine after 40, at that point it really eradicates mobs with his positionals.

I would suggest to level up with Thrust (since obv it will be a Saracen) and respec Thrust @ 40.
Usually you won't have problems finding group while leveling (before 20 you should do Tasks, much faster than solo grind).

Now the real issue comes @ 40.
You have 2 choices, either use your respec points (from Thrust) and raise Flex,
(which means you will lose in total 23 points out of 77), or keep the points available and keep leveling
(this will allow you you to keep autotraining) and @ 48 spend your points on it.

I know it can be done, because that's what I did, but it eliminates any possibilities of solo at that time.
Your high shield should (you should have shield equal your level until 42) allow you to fill a group role anyway.

Koleriker
Eagle Knight

Postby Koleriker » Feb 10, 2017 12:32

On Uthgard 1 I used full AT and leveled with crush until lvl 48 and respecced at that point to flex.
The crush styles are really low endurance consumpting which makes pve a lot easier (and I guess you wont always have a paladin in group nowadays). The only problem is the amount of respec stones available but either you respec crush with lvl 40 and keep this points unused till 48 or you have to live withbeeing not a real reaver until respec stones are available.

IRC: 09.01.2013(15:16:36) Dotto: we zerg if other realm zerg in rvr,, we never start zerg thats all!

playfull
Myrmidon

Postby playfull » Apr 16, 2017 20:37

I have never done AT before...

Can someone hold my hand and do a step by step on how to AT properly please? Thanks!

Moumoule
Myrmidon

Postby Moumoule » Apr 17, 2017 12:57

You don't put a point in flexible, you spec crush until the desired level in AT. Flexible and slash will train automatically every 4 level (level 40 you will have 10 in flex, level 44 you will have 11 in flex and level 48 you will have 12 in flex)

I respec'ed all the points i got in crush at level 40 and played with 10 in flexible until lvl 44. Level 48 is really painful, stopping AT at level 44, you can still get 50 flex 42 shield 41 SR and rest in parry.
Olek - Reaver

playfull
Myrmidon

Postby playfull » Apr 23, 2017 20:48

so just to clarify - If i wanted to AT to 48

1. Respec points at lvl 40
2. Dont put anything into flex and pretty much be gimp from 40-48 with pretty much 0 Weapon ability

onizukasensei
Myrmidon

Postby onizukasensei » Apr 23, 2017 23:51

playfull wrote:so just to clarify - If i wanted to AT to 48

1. Respec points at lvl 40
2. Dont put anything into flex and pretty much be gimp from 40-48 with pretty much 0 Weapon ability

Chances are, that you'll be leveling in groups, unless you want the sadistic solo,duo way of xp, in which case, you are pretty much !@#$ed.
Also groups will benefit from your guard and slam. Your dps will be hardly noticed (but they won't know that you are ATing, so...).

Previous

Return to Reaver