Auto train and what should I spec in?

USMCbudder
Warder

Postby USMCbudder » Aug 07, 2018 04:01

So here’s my deal. I started a fighter not knowing what class I wanted at 5. I decide on Paladin because I heard there were some good changes made to them recently. I spent a few points in slash to get a style so I could lvl easier. Now I’m 5 and the trainer asks what I want to spec in. What should I do? I see a lot of 2h and slash/shield. Did I mess up the auto train option for slash by putting points into it already as a fighter? I also read that autotraining chants is bad because you won’t be as powerful early game and therefore less desirable by groups. I’d like to be a solid tank with shield and 1h weapon but read 2h gets some cool stuns late game. I’m just very confused as what to do. Should I respec now at lvl 5 and just focus on shield/crush?
Thank you sorry for the long post.
Also a nice fun adult guild would be helpful!
Metalmuffin.

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Aug 07, 2018 09:36

Autotraining is getting removed, so do not worry about that!

Weapon / shield is desired the most for groups, you an always respec at lvl 20 and 40 to another line.

Keep chants and shield at level, rest in a weapon type. Go for 2hand once you reach 50 and are in RvR, in PvE you will not need it that much, if at all. Only to look cool ofc :)

I think Guardians of Light is recruiting.
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

USMCbudder
Warder

Postby USMCbudder » Aug 07, 2018 11:47

Thank you for the info!

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Aug 07, 2018 22:22

http://genuapp.appspot.com/char/class/paladin.html
You can check your spells here.

You should aim to get the next endo chant whenever possible, that's the most important:
lvl 2/12/22/32/42

The more you spec into shield, the more you can block your group members with (GUARD), but you can freely choose to be a 2-hander paladin, thanks to your endo chant you will have no problem finding groups as a 2-hander paladin as well as a shield/1-hand paladin.

If you are a saracen I highly suggest you to go with Thrust weapons. Otherwise Paladins are best with CRUSH weapon (they get crush weapon from quests too)

I think it's very cool to go with 2-handed crush weapon, for heavy damage and cool animations.

For example a lvl 20 spec for a HIGHLANDER - CRUSH - 2-HANDED - PALADIN:
2hander 18
Parry 4
Crush 10
Chants 18

At lvl 22
2hander 18
Parry 5
Crush 10
Chants 22
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Return to Paladin