Paladin RA Progression

User avatar
Lyandrin
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Apr 12, 2010 00:00

Postby Lyandrin » May 23, 2017 14:31

So im getting closer to lvl 50 and I was thinking about RA progression for a Paladin, I obviously want to do some RVR eventually but also keep him for PVE stuff like Moran farm etc etc.

My thought would be

LW1 -> AoM3 -> Purge -> AugDex2 -> Moblock2 ->MoParry2.

Anything else I should prioritize or change the progression around?
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
onizukasensei
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sep 18, 2009 00:00

Postby onizukasensei » May 23, 2017 16:51

Lyandrin wrote:So im getting closer to lvl 50 and I was thinking about RA progression for a Paladin, I obviously want to do some RVR eventually but also keep him for PVE stuff like Moran farm etc etc.

My thought would be

LW1 -> AoM3 -> Purge -> AugDex2 -> Moblock2 ->MoParry2.

Anything else I should prioritize or change the progression around?


LW1 -> Purge before absolutely everything else.
Rest are according to what purpose you're filling in the group.
In general you will almost never be a priority target of enemies unless you over extend or be one of the last men standing.

As a guard / peel bot MoBlock is good to have, MoParry on the other hand, not so much...

User avatar
Lyandrin
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Apr 12, 2010 00:00

Postby Lyandrin » May 24, 2017 08:41

onizukasensei wrote:
LW1 -> Purge before absolutely everything else.
Rest are according to what purpose you're filling in the group.
In general you will almost never be a priority target of enemies unless you over extend or be one of the last men standing.

As a guard / peel bot MoBlock is good to have, MoParry on the other hand, not so much...


Yeah LW1 will be my first ofc, but I should get Purge prior to AoM then, understood.

The reason I want AoM is obviously the lack of det, it wont be the same but at least it will let me resist a bit more.

So regardless of role I should get LW1 -> Purge -> AoM (should I go 2 or 3 before getting anything else?)

I obviously want moblock for pve and rvr alike, moparry is more towards the pve part ofc.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
onizukasensei
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sep 18, 2009 00:00

Postby onizukasensei » May 24, 2017 09:48

Lyandrin wrote:
onizukasensei wrote:
LW1 -> Purge before absolutely everything else.
Rest are according to what purpose you're filling in the group.
In general you will almost never be a priority target of enemies unless you over extend or be one of the last men standing.

As a guard / peel bot MoBlock is good to have, MoParry on the other hand, not so much...


Yeah LW1 will be my first ofc, but I should get Purge prior to AoM then, understood.

The reason I want AoM is obviously the lack of det, it wont be the same but at least it will let me resist a bit more.

So regardless of role I should get LW1 -> Purge -> AoM (should I go 2 or 3 before getting anything else?)

I obviously want moblock for pve and rvr alike, moparry is more towards the pve part ofc.


I don't want to disappoint you friend but lack of DET can't be replaced / compensated by anything, including AoM.
Key here is to have reliable demezzes and know how to use Intercept properly in order to minimize time you spent rooted.
Other than that good luck and have fun :)

User avatar
Lyandrin
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Apr 12, 2010 00:00

Postby Lyandrin » May 24, 2017 09:58

onizukasensei wrote:I don't want to disappoint you friend but lack of DET can't be replaced / compensated by anything, including AoM.
Key here is to have reliable demezzes and know how to use Intercept properly in order to minimize time you spent rooted.
Other than that good luck and have fun :)


No dissapointment mate :) I played pally on live in 1.65, know its limitations so to speak.

I dont want replace det ofc, but looking at the RAs we have available i dont see anything more beneficial than AoM for a paladin r vr wise after lw1 and purge.

yes moblock does help both pve and rvr.

What would be your progression up til say RR5l0?
Image
Image
Image

Kadorna
Warder
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Apr 30, 2017 14:15

Postby Kadorna » May 24, 2017 10:09

What about the insta grp heal? only asking...

User avatar
Lyandrin
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Apr 12, 2010 00:00

Postby Lyandrin » May 24, 2017 10:20

Kadorna wrote:What about the insta grp heal? only asking...


Is it worth the 14 RPs to get asap? Thats what Im wondering about.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
onizukasensei
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sep 18, 2009 00:00

Postby onizukasensei » May 24, 2017 11:13

Lyandrin wrote:
Kadorna wrote:What about the insta grp heal? only asking...


Is it worth the 14 RPs to get asap? Thats what Im wondering about.


In my eyes it's a great asset.
As i said, it's all about what role you're filling in your group.
Are you supposed to be:
In the front line for chant twist and peel their peelers?
In the back line trying to stop their pushers and peel off enemies?
Switching back and forth according to enemy setup (caster group / melee group).

There's no rule of thumb for a specific RA progression without knowing role.
For example in general AoM is great on paper, but really worthless in reality if you're a back line peeler, where as MoBlock would work better against melee groups.

TL;DR;
If your role is unclear then by all means get Faith Healing after purge.

Kadorna
Warder
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Apr 30, 2017 14:15

Postby Kadorna » May 24, 2017 12:01

Thx for answer.
As i think, if u dont have a solid/fixed 8 man setup (im talking about my own situation) probably u dont have a fixed role and will try to adapt to your group setup and the enemy setup....i never played pally at this patch level (now im leveling one to RvR with some friends) and im checking vids and another info to figure what will be my role and what spec/RA will be best. At this point i think FH is a really worth RA that can be used to help grp (also in PVE), probably i will get FH before purge...LW1=>FH=>Purge.

For the spec, probably i will go for 44thrust/42 shield/46 chants...


Return to Paladin

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Thursday, 06. August 2020

Artwork and screen shots Copyright © 2001-2004 Mythic Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Used with permission of Mythic Entertainment. Mythic Entertainment, the Mythic Entertainment logo, "Dark Age of Camelot," "Shrouded Isles," "Foundations," "New Frontiers," "Trials of Atlantis," "Catacombs," "Darkness Rising," the Dark Age of Camelot and subsequent logos, and the stylized Celtic knot are trademarks of Mythic Entertainment, Inc.

Valid XHTML & CSS | Original Design by: LernVid.com | Modified by Uthgard Staff