Paladin and piety !

Nonosthebone
Warder

Postby Nonosthebone » Mar 15, 2017 08:33

Hello, i have some piety on my paladin template,
i have only one question.

Is piety give more power point on the Paladin ? ( Like friar or cleric )

Thank you

Lyandrin
Myrmidon

Postby Lyandrin » May 05, 2017 09:39

I would also really like to know if there is any benifit at all in templating Piety for a paladin.

Also Power, is there any point to it at all?

onizukasensei
Myrmidon

Postby onizukasensei » May 05, 2017 09:57

Nonosthebone wrote:Hello, i have some piety on my paladin template,
i have only one question.

Is piety give more power point on the Paladin ? ( Like friar or cleric )

Thank you

Yes, it does increase your power pool and most likely you get Piety from epic items which fit perfectly in template.
Other than that, nothing else is affected from it.

onizukasensei
Myrmidon

Postby onizukasensei » May 05, 2017 10:02

Lyandrin wrote:I would also really like to know if there is any benifit at all in templating Piety for a paladin.

As long as you can afford to get Piety from items that fit perfectly in your template (epic cloak for example) and doesn't hinder your overall calculations, then yes by all means.

Other than that, there's no need for power, since chances are that your power won't have issues for any fight (RvR or PvE) unless it takes something like 5-10 mins and you'll need to rezz someone as well.
In most groups you'll have perma PoM to counter any power issues, although if a Paladin twists properly (kinda hard to be perfect on it when RvR gets intense) will never have power issues.

Lyandrin
Myrmidon

Postby Lyandrin » May 05, 2017 10:10

onizukasensei wrote:
Lyandrin wrote:I would also really like to know if there is any benifit at all in templating Piety for a paladin.

As long as you can afford to get Piety from items that fit perfectly in your template (epic cloak for example) and doesn't hinder your overall calculations, then yes by all means.

Other than that, there's no need for power, since chances are that your power won't have issues for any fight (RvR or PvE) unless it takes something like 5-10 mins and you'll need to rezz someone as well.
In most groups you'll have perma PoM to counter any power issues, although if a Paladin twists properly (kinda hard to be perfect on it when RvR gets intense) will never have power issues.

What I take out from your post is then that

Piety is nice, but not at all necessary.
Power is more or less useless points.

The above considering Im having a hard time templating a pally suit to cover everything else we want including these two.

onizukasensei
Myrmidon

Postby onizukasensei » May 05, 2017 10:43

Lyandrin wrote:
onizukasensei wrote:

The above considering Im having a hard time templating a pally suit to cover everything else we want including these two.

I didn't had any problem to cap STR,CON,DEX,QUI, Hits, Thrust, Shield, All Resists and +6 on Parry on my Paladin.

Lyandrin
Myrmidon

Postby Lyandrin » May 05, 2017 12:50

onizukasensei wrote:
Lyandrin wrote:
onizukasensei wrote:

I didn't had any problem to cap STR,CON,DEX,QUI, Hits, Thrust, Shield, All Resists and +6 on Parry on my Paladin.

Me neither, but in an ideal and maybe hopeless world I would like to Cap

Str, Dex, Con, Qui, Hits, Slash, Shield, Parry, All resists and still have some points in Pie as well :)

I know that it will be expensive hehe but if Piety gives negligable or no benifits I can scrap that completely, focus on getting the rest capped (including parry)

onizukasensei
Myrmidon

Postby onizukasensei » May 05, 2017 13:46

Lyandrin wrote:Me neither, but in an ideal and maybe hopeless world I would like to Cap

Str, Dex, Con, Qui, Hits, Slash, Shield, Parry, All resists and still have some points in Pie as well :)

I know that it will be expensive hehe but if Piety gives negligable or no benifits I can scrap that completely, focus on getting the rest capped (including parry)

You won't have problems capping everything you mentioned if you go for a full MP template.
But you'll most likely need at least 50-70p in order to make this happen...

Makish
Gryphon Knight

Postby Makish » May 05, 2017 14:03

onizukasensei wrote:
Lyandrin wrote:Me neither, but in an ideal and maybe hopeless world I would like to Cap

You won't have problems capping everything you mentioned if you go for a full MP template.

more like 30max
Ololofeld - BD - Lyo/Mid

onizukasensei
Myrmidon

Postby onizukasensei » May 05, 2017 14:23

Makish wrote:
onizukasensei wrote:

more like 30max

Even better then, but let me have my concerns regarding the 30 p max price.

Lyandrin
Myrmidon

Postby Lyandrin » May 05, 2017 14:31

onizukasensei wrote:

Aye, the question is then, would the extra capping of Piety give any reasonable benefit to elicit a need to go for a full MP suit eventually.

onizukasensei
Myrmidon

Postby onizukasensei » May 05, 2017 14:38

Lyandrin wrote:
onizukasensei wrote:

Aye, the question is then, would the extra capping of Piety give any reasonable benefit to elicit a need to go for a full MP suit eventually.

For me, its a not a needed stat, unless you really want to have your endurance chant perma open without twist.
But on the other hand, your team mates, won't be very happy overall, unless they care only for endurance regain :)

Lyandrin
Myrmidon

Postby Lyandrin » May 05, 2017 15:25

onizukasensei wrote:
Lyandrin wrote:
onizukasensei wrote:

For me, its a not a needed stat, unless you really want to have your endurance chant perma open without twist.
But on the other hand, your team mates, won't be very happy overall, unless they care only for endurance regain :)

Id say perma end is mostly just a convencience when running around the world.

So going with your logic, its not needed just nice to have if you happen to be ultrarich :D

onizukasensei
Myrmidon

Postby onizukasensei » May 05, 2017 15:46

Lyandrin wrote:Id say perma end is mostly just a convencience when running around the world.

So going with your logic, its not needed just nice to have if you happen to be ultrarich :D

Correct.

Return to Paladin