Chant's system

Schaox
Guardian

Postby Schaox » Aug 23, 2016 11:28

Hello everyone,

First of all, i'm french so my English could be bad. I'm sorry.
Then, I don't really understand the chant's system.

Actually, I am level 9 and I have 4 chants : Regen endu / Shield / Add Damage / HoT

When I read the description, they have a duration of 6 secondes (regen endu is 5).
The recast is 8 secondes (regen endu is null). So I understand that you have to wait 2 secondes.

The problem of this system is that we can't "switch" chants. I just spam all my chants (except regen endu because it is not worth at low level) and I finish with Add damage if I have full life, with heal if I need to heal or shield if I fight with more than 3 mobs on group. I use regen endu when I rest.

Ok, I can fight yellow because the heal is too strong. But it doesn't mean that I have good mechanics with my chants.
You just have to wait the recast of the heal + one heal. When the heal proc, you just have to spam all your chants and your chant's heal again to proc another heal...

I think it would be better if the chant duration's time was apply when we switch the chant, not at the start of the chant.
With that, a good paladin could have two perma chants.
Maybe you think it is too strong. I don't think so because the paladin has so many chants at high level that it wouldn't be broken to keep two chants at the same time. Don't forget that the paladin need to time their chants if he wants to have two perma chants.

Do you think i am crazy or it sounds good to you???
Last edited by Schaox on Aug 23, 2016 14:21, edited 1 time in total.

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Aug 23, 2016 13:48

Just FYI before this discussion begins: We are not going to change fundamental game mechanics / balance. It will be as of patch 1.65.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

imamizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby imamizer » Aug 23, 2016 13:56

If I didn't misunderstand you are asking for a custom change and that will never happen here. You also need to understand that the last chant you are playing in the order has an extra pulse. Let's say you are playing da>endu>heal every 8 seconds. That means your heal chant pulses twice every 8 seconds and you double it's effect. So you can change the order for whatever you need more to maximize the benefit. Btw heal chant only heals you in combat.

Schaox
Guardian

Postby Schaox » Aug 23, 2016 14:26

imamizer wrote:If I didn't misunderstand you are asking for a custom change and that will never happen here. You also need to understand that the last chant you are playing in the order has an extra pulse. Let's say you are playing da>endu>heal every 8 seconds. That means your heal chant pulses twice every 8 seconds and you double it's effect. So you can change the order for whatever you need more to maximize the benefit. Btw heal chant only heals you in combat.

That's my point. The last chant I use don't have extra pulse or it's bug for me.

For example, I used add damage. If I wait 4 secondes and changes for other chant, the add damage chant will have 2 secondes left and not 6. Same for the heal. If I use heal and switch, I will have 1 heal only.

Is that normal or is it an issues???

imamizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby imamizer » Aug 23, 2016 14:43

Both da and heal chants pulse every 6 seconds. That's why you don't get the second pulse if you cancel them after 4 seconds.

Schaox
Guardian

Postby Schaox » Aug 23, 2016 15:25

Yes i know. I actually say that before and the pal need to wait 2 secondes.

But you talk about extra pulse. So i reply that i didn't have this extra pulse.
I think you would say the last chant used pulse and stay forever. So it isn't extra pulse but just pulse spell like all chant.

Well it just confirm my thought. I hope the pal could have two chants at the same times. Definitly not possible. My bad.

Thank you.

dvonipaja
Myrmidon

Postby dvonipaja » Aug 23, 2016 23:26

T=0s : paladin casts his chants => all chants pulse here and stay up for the duration of the pulse : IE has endu for the next 5 seconds, da, af for the next 6 and pulses a heal

T=5s : the duration of the first pulse of the endo chant stops, the server checks if the endo chant is still active to go for another 5 seconds pulse but as you finished with a heal chant it stops without pulsing and so you don't get the extra pulse

T=6s : same behaviour on da and AF + as your heal chant is still active you get another heal pulse

T=8s : paladin chants repop and he twists again => go back to T=0s for a "double refresh"

if you finish by endo, at T=5s you get another endo pulse so you "double endo" that stays active and consuming mana only at maintaining pulses (T+5) you get
T=0 => 5 secs endo for no mana
T=5 => 5 secs endo for mana pulse maintain
T=8 => 5 secs endo for no mana
T=13 =>5 secs endo for mana pulse maintain (instead of T=10 so still usefull)
etc

Hope it helps to understand

Schaox
Guardian

Postby Schaox » Aug 25, 2016 13:39

dvonipaja wrote:T=0s : paladin casts his chants => all chants pulse here and stay up for the duration of the pulse : IE has endu for the next 5 seconds, da, af for the next 6 and pulses a heal

T=5s : the duration of the first pulse of the endo chant stops, the server checks if the endo chant is still active to go for another 5 seconds pulse but as you finished with a heal chant it stops without pulsing and so you don't get the extra pulse

T=6s : same behaviour on da and AF + as your heal chant is still active you get another heal pulse

T=8s : paladin chants repop and he twists again => go back to T=0s for a "double refresh"

if you finish by endo, at T=5s you get another endo pulse so you "double endo" that stays active and consuming mana only at maintaining pulses (T+5) you get
T=0 => 5 secs endo for no mana
T=5 => 5 secs endo for mana pulse maintain
T=8 => 5 secs endo for no mana
T=13 =>5 secs endo for mana pulse maintain (instead of T=10 so still usefull)
etc

Hope it helps to understand

And? Ok you have a perma endu. But it works for all others chants.
You aren't "double endu" because the endu's chant doesn't stack with himself. The chant pulse. That is all.
You can sometimes trick one tick endu but it is definitely better to wait T=10-0.1s than recast when T=8 if you want only endu.
So I don't get your point.
Sorry.

Anyway, I just find how I can switch two chants at the same times.

Exemple with AF and Add Damage (AD):

T=0, use AF, 6 secondes AF (T=6)
T=6, AF pulse, 6 secondes AF (T=12)
T=6.5, use AD, 6 secondes AD (T=12.5)
T = 12.5, AD pulse, 6 secondes AD (T=18.5)
T = 13, use AF, 6 secondes AF (T=19)

I think you can have 0.5 secondes or less without the two chants per 6 secondes (if you are good).
So I am happy now. The paladin is a skilled class. Even more if you switch 1h weapon + shield / 2h weapon.

dvonipaja
Myrmidon

Postby dvonipaja » Aug 28, 2016 23:40

Schaox wrote:You aren't "double endu" *...

It's just a way of calling it based on the "double refresh" effect => doubling a chant = finishing your twist on it

Schaox wrote:Exemple with AF and Add Damage (AD):

I think you can have 0.5 secondes or less without the two chants per 6 secondes (if you are good).
So I am happy now. The paladin is a skilled class. Even more if you switch 1h weapon + shield / 2h weapon.

yes seems to work on 2 chants but you will still be asked to keep aggro with heal chant and regen endo for the group => even better is to have 2 pallys twisting double refresh alternate every 4 seconds => all chants perma active + double the refresh effect

drakuz
Myrmidon

Postby drakuz » Dec 03, 2016 20:00

as above:
Exemple with AF and Add Damage (AD):

thats with a 6sec recast/duration.
current is 8sec recast/duration. my question is when did they go from 6 to 8?

dvonipaja
Myrmidon

Postby dvonipaja » Dec 06, 2016 16:56

RECAST was always 8 seconds
PULSE was always 6 seconds

Care for the difference ;)

Return to Paladin