Help needed #2

jinxed
Guardian

Postby jinxed » Jun 17, 2016 16:22

Annoying that I couldn't post all my questions in one of these posts, so here are my next ones :>

1. I found a pretty decent 2-Handed sword yesterday, so I switched from 1H+S to the 2H, and boy did my DPS increase! Is it silly to try and level with a crush/slash weapon + shield? Because I really want to play as a tank, and the Paladin I've read is a pretty decent tank all the way to 50, and continues to be one after that aswell, which I like...

2. Is it wise to go like this with the skillpoints... Chants --> Crush --> Block (Shield/Parry w/e it's called) --> Dodge/Parry?

Thanks in advance for any help!

OGCFTW
Warder

Postby OGCFTW » Jun 17, 2016 16:38

Hey there!

In general, keep your chants at your level and fill in 1H and Shield as needed for major skills (i.e.: anytime styles, crush 15 for the stun, slash 29 for Amethyst Slash, 42 shield for slam). I'm personally playing with a hybrid shield/2h pally and it's pretty entertaining. I don't recommend unless you can afford to gear it. :o

Always having your endurance chants as soon as you can will keep your group happy, as will positional shield stuns and your general tankiness tankiness.

If you're full-bore 1h/s your 20 spec would look something like 20 Chants, 15 Crush, 11 Shield. Since Paladins autotrain Slash I generally spec out of Crush and into Slash at 40 because the 6s anytime stun in Crush is soon overshadowed by Slam and other reactionary stuns.

Return to Paladin