Tips for a new player

jinxed
Guardian

Postby jinxed » Jun 17, 2016 16:21

Hello all,

1. When levelling up, I'm finding it pretty hard to get proper armor. I have a full set of Leather/Studded Leather, but I'm wondering what's more important, the Armor Factor of a piece or the Absorb value? I.e. is it better to get 10 AF and 10% absorb, or is it better to have 4/6 AF and 19% absorb?

2. Is it a fools errand to try and keep Weaponcrafting "level appropriate" whilst levelling? I've found it's pretty damn hard to even have enough money to just purchase a new weapon, but I figured perhaps I could make my own?

OGCFTW
Warder

Postby OGCFTW » Jun 17, 2016 20:41

1. The loot tables and drop rates are not good. If you give an Armorcrafter some Bambi eyes they may feel sorry for you and make you a suit. In general I go for abs over AF, based on no actual mathematical calculations or much concern for them. You also won't have enough gold to keep yourself in yellow-con gear.

2. Keeping any craft at your level won't work. The cost rises exponentially while the amount of coin you get from bags and selling junk does not.

3. It's a cold, harsh world out there.

jinxed
Guardian

Postby jinxed » Jun 18, 2016 21:57

More questions, since this is beta afterall :>

3. I want to play as a Saracen, but how should I distribute my starting stats? I think I did 10/10/10 Str/Dex/Qui, perhaps that was silly? Should I go 15 Dex 10 Qui or the other way around?

4. What are the benefits of using a large/medium shield, except for it's ability to block more attackers at the same time?

I'll prolly come to think of more as time goes by :> Thanks for the answers OGCFTW!

Paulberios
Myrmidon

Postby Paulberios » Jun 21, 2016 18:20

STR/CON/DEX is pretty standard for paladins. The shield size (if implemented) effects the number of enemies that can be blocked before losing block %.

Small = 1
Medium = 2
Large = 3

They also have different attack speeds when using slam etc. Small is fastest, Large is slowest. I always had 1 small and 1 large in my temp that I would swap out depending on situation. For leveling and any pve, Large.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Return to Paladin