Paladin "to-Hit" rate

Zintair
Myrmidon

Postby Zintair » May 10, 2016 20:59

Keep in mind I haven't played DAOC or my Paladin in quite some time.

As I am leveling I am noticing that on ANY "CON" mob I miss A LOT. I am trying to tank in groups and I swear I miss atleast 1/3 of my attacks. Especially my Taunt style. My current Spec at lvl 11 is:

9 Slash
11 Chants
3 Shield

Is anyone else noticing that they are missing a lot more than normal? It doesn't actually feel natural how much I am missing for mobs that have been Green - Red. I can understand Purple con and maybe even red at times but I am still noticing an irregular miss rate that sometimes goes 3-4x in a row.

Am I crazy or is this normal????

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » May 10, 2016 21:16

Zintair wrote:Keep in mind I haven't played DAOC or my Paladin in quite some time.

As I am leveling I am noticing that on ANY "CON" mob I miss A LOT. I am trying to tank in groups and I swear I miss atleast 1/3 of my attacks. Especially my Taunt style. My current Spec at lvl 11 is:

9 Slash
11 Chants
3 Shield

Is anyone else noticing that they are missing a lot more than normal? It doesn't actually feel natural how much I am missing for mobs that have been Green - Red. I can understand Purple con and maybe even red at times but I am still noticing an irregular miss rate that sometimes goes 3-4x in a row.

At least against players where your weapon bonus balances their armor bonus - not using any style with a to-hit bonus your miss chance should be 18% (its 13% on live now, but they added a whole 5% bonus thing which is a whole other story.)

I (think) that the Slash taunt style has no to-hit bonus, which means that if mob hit/miss is the same (for mobs) then you probably have an 18% chance to miss something that is your level.

You're also low enough level where weapons don't have any bonus - I have no idea if as you level the mobs gain an equivalent armor bonus to the weapons you get, or if you generally start to miss less due to your weapon having a 5% bonus and the mob still having a 0% bonus (for example).

Anyway, I hope this helps!
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

Sylvermane
Guardian

Postby Sylvermane » May 10, 2016 21:57

Maybe you should try swinging less casually. :D

Zintair
Myrmidon

Postby Zintair » May 10, 2016 22:02

Sylvermane wrote:Maybe you should try swinging less casually. :D

I should have known better!

Zintair
Myrmidon

Postby Zintair » May 10, 2016 22:03

Nezix wrote:
Zintair wrote:Keep in mind I haven't played DAOC or my Paladin in quite some time.

9 Slash
11 Chants
3 Shield

At least against players where your weapon bonus balances their armor bonus - not using any style with a to-hit bonus your miss chance should be 18% (its 13% on live now, but they added a whole 5% bonus thing which is a whole other story.)

I (think) that the Slash taunt style has no to-hit bonus, which means that if mob hit/miss is the same (for mobs) then you probably have an 18% chance to miss something that is your level.

You're also low enough level where weapons don't have any bonus - I have no idea if as you level the mobs gain an equivalent armor bonus to the weapons you get, or if you generally start to miss less due to your weapon having a 5% bonus and the mob still having a 0% bonus (for example).

Anyway, I hope this helps!

Thanks Nezix!

It definitely feels like it is more than that. I would dare say I have around like 30% miss chance. But it may be due to level and things you have mentioned. I'll see how things go as I progress.

Thalien
Phoenix Knight

Postby Thalien » May 11, 2016 09:41

Sounds a bit high. Might be a bug with the new melee mechanics. Watch it if it gets better
Fabienne - Blademaster
Junia - Bard
Audrina - Ench
-----
Zoe - Sorc
Stella - Pala
Devon - Scout

daonest
Myrmidon

Postby daonest » May 18, 2016 12:50

I would have to concur, at level 13 I had 11 crush and a 1h with 10% bonus. I was using the taunt crush style which is medium bonus to hit.. With that said on one pull I remember missing 7 swings in a row, and the miss rate at other times seems pretty bad. Keep in mind I was fighting a red but even so 7 misses in a row, im not fighting the dragon here... hard to keep aggro as pally when you are missing so much.

Weapon spec close to 80% of level
Using Medium Bonus to hit style
Weapon with 10% bonus
=
Shouldnt be missing so much, I should of saved my logs and calculated the total miss rate.
http://twitch.tv/oxbear
Oxmeh - Riot Control (50 Necro)(50 Merc/44inf/45Wiz)
http://www.riot-control.org

hazelhimself
Gryphon Knight

Postby hazelhimself » May 18, 2016 18:29

same story on my friar.
the extremely stupid missrates make me roll a caster again. too bad you didnt keep the logs tho :(

Thalien
Phoenix Knight

Postby Thalien » May 18, 2016 20:29

make logs and create an issue?
Fabienne - Blademaster
Junia - Bard
Audrina - Ench
-----
Zoe - Sorc
Stella - Pala
Devon - Scout

Ilerget