necro pet damage

needs
Myrmidon

Postby needs » Sep 19, 2018 20:31

Is a lvl 34 necro's pet supposed to hit for 220, 220, 220 against a player?
My mage pet(enchanter) only hits for half that damage.

hazelhimself
Gryphon Knight

Postby hazelhimself » Sep 19, 2018 23:34

without being able to double check those numbers right now...you cant really compare those two pets.

the necro shade is useless while the enchanter without pet is still able to CC, provide speed, debuff and deal tons of damage the pet being only icing on the cake rly.

so i guess you got rekt by a necro in a 1on1 while leveling in the frontiers or in some bg. fear not, my friend. while its true that on lower levels necros are very tough to beat, at lvl 50 your eyes will shine bright everytime you spot a solo necro because chances are extremely high hes not going to be able to put up much of a fight vs. you.

needs
Myrmidon

Postby needs » Sep 21, 2018 03:11

I have no interest in comparing the two. I was more curious as to the lack of variance in the damage numbers.

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Sep 21, 2018 09:51

Necromancer spells functions as if it was a player spell.

That is why you see no variance in the numbers, just like you don't see variance in numbers when you (enchanter) cast spec spells.

An enchanter pet (or charmed pet) however is an entity of its own and is not taking your spec into consideration, this means the spells they use have variance.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

needs
Myrmidon

Postby needs » Oct 31, 2018 21:03

Thank you for the explanation

Return to Necromancer