Necro Fixes

Skandar
Myrmidon

Postby Skandar » Jul 27, 2018 22:36

Took an evening and tried the Phoenix beta. Wow. Not knocking Uthgard as this is my home, but the Necro was fixed and very enjoyable to play. Biggest fix was removing the connection between melee swing speed and spell casting. Facilitate painworking can be pressed during swing without failing. I hope Uth considers making this QoL change as it makes the Necro a much better contender for RvR.

GreenP
Phoenix Knight

Postby GreenP » Jul 28, 2018 07:56

so called "fixed" is just the default dol-settings... at least it sounds like that :p
Formerly known as
Touareg- RR10 noobVW on Uth1.
Crossfire- RR7 noobAnimist on Uth1.
Ohnoes- RR9 noobAnimist on Lolgins.

Click this LINK if you want to see the truth about Hibernia

Skandar
Myrmidon

Postby Skandar » Jul 28, 2018 22:53

well it's awesome!

Prettypinkunicorns
Warder

Postby Prettypinkunicorns » Aug 12, 2018 20:43

Having played the necromancer class for 8+ years (Yes i'm both proud and sad) :-P I have an indepth understanding of the necromancer's class mechanics, and having tested out the class on *beeep* server I can safely say these are indeed custom QoL changes, FP was always tied to the 2-spells-queue mechanic, as it was considered a spell, and depended on swing mechanics as well, if pet had just swung.

For me it certainly took some getting used to, as it almost broke the learning curve of the class. Now it's mostly optimized by shade positioning and synchronizing pet+shade casts for full potential.

On retail servers the "swing issue" was almost gone with the patch that allowed you to use any other pet other than the Abomination and still keep pet lvl at 44.

Vkejai
Myrmidon

Postby Vkejai » Aug 25, 2018 11:31

For me the QoL Necro changes on other place are probably the best changes to the Necro class I have ever tried. Would love it to happen here.

Return to Necromancer