Last Absorb

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Dec 27, 2017 23:44

Is it worth it to go 48 Deathsight?(obviously for PVE with no BB)

48 Deathsight(9% Absorb)
24 Death Servant(DMG Shield)
6 Painworking

48 Deathsight(9% Absorb)
23 Death Servant
9 Painworking(STR/CON Buff)

47 Deathsight
11 Painworking(STR/CON Buff+STR/CON Debuff)

Which Spec would you choose and why?

Vkejai
Myrmidon

Postby Vkejai » Dec 28, 2017 00:51

First one I would use.

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Dec 28, 2017 01:31

Why not the others?

Vkejai
Myrmidon

Postby Vkejai » Dec 28, 2017 02:18

The absorb and the dmg shield basically. If you were to go RvR also I would prob go pain instead of Death servant.

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Dec 28, 2017 18:31

Vkejai wrote:The absorb and the dmg shield basically. If you were to go RvR also I would prob go pain instead of Death servant.

Yea well, could please go in more detail here? I listed myself what which spec offers, but i asked if its worth or not.

megatron
Gryphon Knight

Postby megatron » Dec 29, 2017 18:24

for solo pve (single mob chain pulling)... do not worry about the last abs. Your primary concern should be your casting speed and DPS so do what you can to get the highest dex/qui buff from Servant line to make that power tap come out a little faster. Really, the insta lifetap isn't that important either for solo mob pulls since most of your damage should be from the powertap. Also, using the yellow pet (green con instead of blue) gives you faster swing speed/casting speed if you're just chain pulling yellow/ojs.

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Dec 29, 2017 19:18

megatron wrote:for solo pve (single mob chain pulling)... do not worry about the last abs. Your primary concern should be your casting speed and DPS so do what you can to get the highest dex/qui buff from Servant line to make that power tap come out a little faster. Really, the insta lifetap isn't that important either for solo mob pulls since most of your damage should be from the powertap. Also, using the yellow pet (green con instead of blue) gives you faster swing speed/casting speed if you're just chain pulling yellow/ojs.

So you even suggest:

44 Deathsight
29 Death Servant
11 Painworking

:?:

megatron
Gryphon Knight

Postby megatron » Dec 29, 2017 20:31

Yeah, that looks good... let me know how it works out. I'm curious if the lower spec in sight reduces the damage that much?

Also, I tested Mastery of Magery and it does help with pet casted spells...that should be one of your first RA's.

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Dec 30, 2017 00:23

Well i was not saying i will go for that spec, since i'm already 47 into sight. :lol:

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Jan 02, 2018 13:34

I still cant decide if i should go for the last absorb or not. It is hard to test the absorb buff - i mean - if it even works correctly(because of the variation of mob attacks), but the second last absorb don't seem to do that much in reducing taken damage.

I don't know how much 1 con point on pet is, but if we assume it is like on player tanks, it should be arround 74 hitpoints if you go with that spec:

47 Deathsight
11 Painworking(STR/CON Buff+STR/CON Debuff)

Sounds not that much right? Maybe you could even drop Death Servant(because you know you wont use that dmg shield that often) and go instead for

47 Deathsight
21 Death Servant(DEX/QUI Buff)
16 Painworking(Small Dot and better STR/CON Buff)

I really going nuts here and need some more opinions.:hammer:

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Jan 02, 2018 13:57

CowwoC wrote:47 Deathsight

That's the spec I use, and I like it for PVE. In my eyes and for my purposes I use the Nec the last absorb has no utility, just 48 wasted points which are more useful somewhere else.

The 21 dex/qui buff is a no-brainer of course, makes it easier to utilitize FP.

Anything else is utility to have or not to have.
Albion Forever!

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Jan 02, 2018 14:47

silenced wrote:
CowwoC wrote:47 Deathsight

That's the spec I use, and I like it for PVE. In my eyes and for my purposes I use the Nec the last absorb has no utility, just 48 wasted points which are more useful somewhere else.

The 21 dex/qui buff is a no-brainer of course, makes it easier to utilitize FP.

Anything else is utility to have or not to have.

Thats the question, are the points better invested in the other lines? You still could go for 21 Death Servant if you also go for the last absorb - but you will miss the points in Painworking. Are these points useful? How often will the mob resist the DoT or STR/ CON debuff?

Lev
Gryphon Knight

Postby Lev » Jan 04, 2018 16:27

again my preferred spec and arguments for it:
48 DS (absorb, manatab, lifetab)
19 PW (ae str/con, pbae dot which interrupts every tick)
15 Servant (dex/qui buff)

why?
to farm with DS you chain kill yellow mobs which normally die before they reach you. every spec with 44+DS can do this. in fact for farming the rest of your spec is irrelevant. so even if you just want to farm, you won't be disappointed in the least by this spec.
this spec is designed to do some keep takes or solo rvr. as soon you join a group, the group gets from you: sustained damage, power transfers and the absorb buff. in a keep you can interrupt well with the pbae dot. and on mobs/guards the instantcast ae debuff increases damage (+-10%) for all (which cost low mana and if done correctly does not lower your own dps).
but why only 15servant? well the 21 dex/qui buff is +25 delve, the 15 is 21. these are spec buffs, so they do x1.25. the difference is a mere 5 dex/qui.

btw. i want to to respec to servant, so we can farm for real. so this discussion is futile anyway.
just do
47 Servant
25 DS
8 PW
MCL II
and be happy. let's do this right now. understood? :-P

megatron
Gryphon Knight

Postby megatron » Jan 04, 2018 17:05

Dont forget.. that pbae dot also breaks mez, root and snare every time it ticks too... necros should have gotten an AE disease spell in that line imo.

Prettypinkunicorns
Warder

Postby Prettypinkunicorns » Jan 13, 2018 00:09

There's no reason to go higher than 15 servant if you are mainly sight spec, the difference in casting speed is miniscule, did a 2 minute casting test chaining power drains on the practice dummy, both with the +22 d/q buff at 15 servant spec, and the +33 d/q buff at 29 spec - after the 2 minutes was up, I counted the number of casts in both combat logs, and saw only 1 and 2 extra nukes during the timeframe after doing the test twice.

Then the next question for my tests was, how big a D/Q buff would you need to get 3x casts off during Facilitate Painworking, so I went to a camp of OJ mobs to engage in melee, and tested all the lvl 4, 9, and 15 D/Q buffs. after a while I concluded that the +22 buff at 15 servant spec was sufficient with capped dex in temp, the lvl 9 one was interrupted a couple times on the 3rd cast, but wasn't due to latency.

This was done with passive pet, defensive mods adds a slight delay after FP fires, and the pet starts to cast, making 3 spells nearly impossible.

Next

Return to Necromancer