Quickcast

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Dec 18, 2017 17:31

How does this work on Necro exactly especially with the last pet? So far i figured out that if i use the second last pet, i can get at least 1 quickcast out, if the pet is not bugging around i can even get 2 casts out, but this don't work with the last pet, its just way too slow.

For now this was my tactic with the second last pet:

1. pet on passive
    2. attack mob from distance with mana drain
    3. put a cast in que before the mob arrives the pet
    4. pet cast gets interrupted and the pet will attack in melee
    5. right after the melee attack i hit quickcast
    6. and then 2 times on mana drain again
    7. pet will now cast 2 mana drain spells again(sometimes just one)

But even with that pet this don't work everytime, because the pet decides that it only go into melee when i start casting with my shade, but if i use quickcast in that time, this will interrupt or affects the pet behaviour and it will not bring out the quickcast(if lucky just one), because i cast with the shade. Well -and- with the last pet this tactic don't work anyway, it need ages to react even if its not in combat.

Can someone enlighten me please or give some tipps?

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Dec 18, 2017 18:24

When you cast with your ghost you queue a spell for your pet to cast (like an instant DD that will be cast, and it will also trigger an attack).

The best time to use quickcast during combat is right before your pet triggers it's attack, so you have to memorize his attackspeed and use quickcast before his melee attack (during combat).

If on passive and not in combat, make sure that your pet hasn't any ghost spell on queue before using quickcast (heal, damage return, lifetap are triggering queue and attack)

If your pet attacks just wait at least half its attackspeed to trigger a quickcast.
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Dec 18, 2017 18:43

Requin wrote:When you cast with your ghost you queue a spell for your pet to cast (like an instant DD that will be cast, and it will also trigger an attack).

The best time to use quickcast during combat is right before your pet triggers it's attack, so you have to memorize his attackspeed and use quickcast before his melee attack (during combat).

If on passive and not in combat, make sure that your pet hasn't any ghost spell on queue before using quickcast (heal, damage return, lifetap are triggering queue and attack)

If your pet attacks just wait at least half its attackspeed to trigger a quickcast.

But that is just not possible, you can't predict the pets attack it often acts weird, like i mentioned. So you can't just memorize how the pet attackspeed is and cast QC before the attack triggers. And why should i use QC if the pet is not in combat? Mainly i want QC to refill my mana and do additional damage before i have to use my Shade Lifetap or Heal.

Sometimes the pet even runs to mobs, even if i have it on passive and/or on the stay command, instead of casting. The last pet bugs the most for me and thats why i mostly can't get even 1 QC out. :?

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Dec 18, 2017 23:52

Simple solution: passive pet, always. Believe me, you will love it. Additional: using spell queue = helps a lot.

With facilitate painworking you can get three casts off with lvl 40+. Even with the abomination.

A non passive pet will screw you up too often and it will swing anyways when using casts, at least sometimes, though not always. Just keep it passive and you will have no issues, though it takes a short while to get used to.

Regarding that list:

1. pet passive
    2. power drain
    3. let the pet cast the last spell before the mob arrives and hope it stands still
    4. after the cast is done hit FP, directly followed by the next nuke and then nuke + nuke
    5. loot or finish it off with inst-dd
Albion Forever!

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Dec 19, 2017 02:13

silenced wrote:Simple solution: passive pet, always. Believe me, you will love it. Additional: using spell queue = helps a lot.

With facilitate painworking you can get three casts off with lvl 40+. Even with the abomination.

A non passive pet will screw you up too often and it will swing anyways when using casts, at least sometimes, though not always. Just keep it passive and you will have no issues, though it takes a short while to get used to.

Regarding that list:

1. pet passive
    2. power drain
    3. let the pet cast the last spell before the mob arrives and hope it stands still
    4. after the cast is done hit FP, directly followed by the next nuke and then nuke + nuke
    5. loot or finish it off with inst-dd

Did you read my post? This don't work for me and my pet is always passive.

Enrighteous
Warder

Postby Enrighteous » Dec 19, 2017 16:41

Hello, I think I am aware of the function of the pet you are speaking of. To avoid what you are experiencing and to be able to get 2 quick cast spells off within FP you need to make sure you do it in this sequence, regardless if your pet is on passive or not.

1. Wait for the pet to attack (Your pet will attack a monster that is within melee range regardless of it being passive or not)
2. Press FP and then ONE spell. (This will ensure your quickcast goes off and it queues your next spell - You may have 1 spell in queue at all times however if you press your nuke again before quickcast is triggered your quickcast will never begin correctly)
3. After you successfully triggered quickcast and begin nuking, queue for another spell to cast after.

A side note, sometimes casting your insta-lifesteal or healing your pet can interfere with the spell queue and mess things up, its best to just follow the above steps without casting any other additional spells. You should be able to get 2 spells off regardless of pet, and sometimes 3 if your dex is high enough I believe.

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Dec 19, 2017 22:17

Enrighteous wrote:Hello, I think I am aware of the function of the pet you are speaking of. To avoid what you are experiencing and to be able to get 2 quick cast spells off within FP you need to make sure you do it in this sequence, regardless if your pet is on passive or not.

1. Wait for the pet to attack (Your pet will attack a monster that is within melee range regardless of it being passive or not)
2. Press FP and then ONE spell. (This will ensure your quickcast goes off and it queues your next spell - You may have 1 spell in queue at all times however if you press your nuke again before quickcast is triggered your quickcast will never begin correctly)
3. After you successfully triggered quickcast and begin nuking, queue for another spell to cast after.

A side note, sometimes casting your insta-lifesteal or healing your pet can interfere with the spell queue and mess things up, its best to just follow the above steps without casting any other additional spells. You should be able to get 2 spells off regardless of pet, and sometimes 3 if your dex is high enough I believe.

Thanks but the abomination is still too slow for that even with my capped dex. Ok sometimes i can get 1 QC out but not two, because the QC wears off before the pet can start the qued second cast. Thats why i said i could do that with the second last pet, but not with the last. 3 QC seems evem more impossble for me. And remind that i said, that the pet don't starts hitting the mob to 100%. Sometimes it just start hitting in melee when i cast life drain with my shade.

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Dec 19, 2017 23:11

CowwoC wrote:Thanks but the abomination is still too slow for that even with my capped dex. Ok sometimes i can get 1 QC out but not two, because the QC wears off before the pet can start the qued second cast. Thats why i said i could do that with the second last pet, but not with the last. 3 QC seems evem more impossble for me. And remind that i said, that the pet don't starts hitting the mob to 100%. Sometimes it just start hitting in melee when i cast life drain with my shade.

Somehow I really can't believe that. +75 dex on your armor? Self-Dex buff used too? (15, 21, and so on low servant side spec). I get out 3 casts almost guaranteed every time with the Abomination.
Albion Forever!

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Dec 19, 2017 23:21

silenced wrote:
CowwoC wrote:Thanks but the abomination is still too slow for that even with my capped dex. Ok sometimes i can get 1 QC out but not two, because the QC wears off before the pet can start the qued second cast. Thats why i said i could do that with the second last pet, but not with the last. 3 QC seems evem more impossble for me. And remind that i said, that the pet don't starts hitting the mob to 100%. Sometimes it just start hitting in melee when i cast life drain with my shade.

Somehow I really can't believe that. +75 dex on your armor? Self-Dex buff used too? (15, 21, and so on low servant side spec). I get out 3 casts almost guaranteed every time with the Abomination.

I'm not 50 yet, my Necro is 46.

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Dec 19, 2017 23:22

Even with 46 this should be 2 casts guaranteed and 3 aswell. You can get out 2 even below lvl 20.
Albion Forever!

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Dec 20, 2017 00:22

silenced wrote:Even with 46 this should be 2 casts guaranteed and 3 aswell. You can get out 2 even below lvl 20.

Well but i don't, the last pet is too slow for that. Show me a vid please where you get 2-3 casts out.

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Dec 20, 2017 10:22

Lifetap takes a spot on the queue, so don't cast lifetap at the same time.
Lifetap will trigger a pet melee attack(even if passive), so wait for that melee attack to be launched before using QC.
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Dec 20, 2017 12:55

CowwoC wrote:
silenced wrote:Even with 46 this should be 2 casts guaranteed and 3 aswell. You can get out 2 even below lvl 20.

Well but i don't, the last pet is too slow for that. Show me a vid please where you get 2-3 casts out.

I can show you ingame if you wish.

As Requin said though, don't cast any other casts than your power tap while using FP. Since this WILL screw you up.
Albion Forever!

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Dec 20, 2017 16:26

Requin wrote:Lifetap takes a spot on the queue, so don't cast lifetap at the same time.
Lifetap will trigger a pet melee attack(even if passive), so wait for that melee attack to be launched before using QC.

I know now, but even if i don't use lifetap it don't work, at least not 2 or even 3 casts.

And like i said, sometimes the pet just waits in passive mode till i use lifetap, otherwise it won't attack. If i still use QC then and press the manadrain cast it starts attacking in melee, after that it tries to cast but failed because QC already weared off. So i cant' wait forever till the pet attacks, for obvious reasons and neither can i cast with my shade.

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Dec 20, 2017 16:27

silenced wrote:
CowwoC wrote:

I can show you ingame if you wish.

As Requin said though, don't cast any other casts than your power tap while using FP. Since this WILL screw you up.

What is your ingame name and which time do you play?

Next

Return to Necromancer