Pet Issues

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Jan 31, 2017 17:22

If i set the necro pet to passive and attack an mob, the pet is still attacking the mob(while still in passive mode) if i use the leech as shade.

The pet should always stay passive(and don't attack), even if i do spells as shade - because if the pet is still attacking, this often ****** up the quick cast. If the pet is in attacking mode, it dont change into his cast animation even if quick cast is ready - only after the pet finished his melee attack he try to cast and if the quick cast is not ready anymore, it fails obviously. To achieve that the pet lands the quick cast(sometimes even twice) you have to time it pretty well, set pet to passive mode again and do nothing as shade.

I don't think thats how it should work - also the HoT spell has sometimes an huge delay, even without any lag.

GreenP
Phoenix Knight

Postby GreenP » Jan 31, 2017 17:28

You do know necropets always used to hit back even when in passivemode?
Formerly known as
Touareg- RR10 noobVW on Uth1.
Crossfire- RR7 noobAnimist on Uth1.
Ohnoes- RR9 noobAnimist on Lolgins.

Click this LINK if you want to see the truth about Hibernia

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Jan 31, 2017 17:34

GreenP wrote:You do know necropets always used to hit back even when in passivemode?

No. That makes no sense at all and it's not true anyway. If you dont act as shade, the pet dont fight back in passive mode.

GreenP
Phoenix Knight

Postby GreenP » Jan 31, 2017 17:42

But weren't you writing about pet passive + using spells ? Ofc it does nothing if you are not filling pets cast-queue.
Necro mechanics are weird :p

https://uthgard.org/tracker/issue/231/@ ... ssive_Mode

Link: Necro teamlead for 2004
The pet can not be stopped from swinging at an enemy after processing a spell, not even in passive mode. This means that melee and stealth classes can use reactive styles against the pet, even though we have commanded it not to melee with the target.
Formerly known as
Touareg- RR10 noobVW on Uth1.
Crossfire- RR7 noobAnimist on Uth1.
Ohnoes- RR9 noobAnimist on Lolgins.

Click this LINK if you want to see the truth about Hibernia

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Jan 31, 2017 17:53

GreenP wrote:But weren't you writing about pet passive + using spells ? Ofc it does nothing if you are not filling pets cast-queue.
Necro mechanics are weird :p

https://uthgard.org/tracker/issue/231/@ ... ssive_Mode

Link: Necro teamlead for 2004
The pet can not be stopped from swinging at an enemy after processing a spell, not even in passive mode. This means that melee and stealth classes can use reactive styles against the pet, even though we have commanded it not to melee with the target.

It's not about the pet casting queue, at least not primary.

Pet on passive+don't give pet commands+don't use spells as shade=pet is doing nothing.
Pet on passive+don't give pet commands+use spells as shade=pet reacts in melee.

The thing about "can't be stopped" just should work, if the pet is trying to cast - not the shade.

You can't use the quick cast properly with that. I mean you can, if you pull the mob and doing nothing as shade, set the pet at passive and don't give it any commands anymore, but that should not work like that. Sure, if i give the pet commands and something is attacking it, it can and should react in melee - because it is rupted, but not if i use spells as shade and the pet is on passive mode. No other caster is forced into melee after quick cast, but the necro pet is - at least you have to time it pretty well, so that the pet is using the quick cast instead of smashing on the mob and let the quick cast fade and fail at casting after it is gone.

Bistravoda
Myrmidon

Postby Bistravoda » Feb 02, 2017 22:30

YEeeep all saying it need to be like 1.65 with all bugs that come with that patch. O_O Silly way to avoid problems with the game.
Sent from AMG using Crtical Shot

Bistravoda = Clean Water

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Feb 03, 2017 15:51

Bistravoda wrote:YEeeep all saying it need to be like 1.65 with all bugs that come with that patch. O_O Silly way to avoid problems with the game.

I don't think that it is an bug out of 1.65.

megatron
Gryphon Knight

Postby megatron » Mar 21, 2017 15:47

I played every day of 1.65 on live... Necro pets never attacked when set to passive, even when processing spells. The biggest reason is that it would negate the snare spell completely after cast (as it does currently on uthgard). Now, if the aoe snare from the pain line works the way it did in 1.65 (not broken by taking damage) then this is less of a problem.

Does anyone know if the ae snare is unbreakable like it should be?

DaQueso
Myrmidon

Postby DaQueso » Mar 22, 2017 09:07

I am told the PW snare is unbreakable and the PW DoT's interrupt afflicted casters every tick,
but I have not seen either of these for myself

PityBull
Warder

Postby PityBull » Mar 22, 2017 10:30

Painworking snare is unbreakable, %100 sure. While i was grinding, a Necro cast on my target and it never break while i reland my dot and dot was ticking till it worn off. But not sure about PW dot interruption.

PityBull
Warder

Postby PityBull » Mar 22, 2017 10:33

Btw i heard PW dot is stacking anyone can confirm?

Return to Necromancer