Necromancer Pet Differences

zerkz
Warder

Postby zerkz » May 11, 2016 17:57

I never really played a necro heavily in my old SI days (was valewalker back then), but I do remember at some point Necromancer pets had their own uniqueness, similar to Cabby pets and spirit master pets.

In 1.65, did they have their own set of skills for each pet? (ie, later abomination def had 2hnd styles).

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » May 11, 2016 18:10

zerkz wrote:I never really played a necro heavily in my old SI days (was valewalker back then), but I do remember at some point Necromancer pets had their own uniqueness, similar to Cabby pets and spirit master pets.

In 1.65, did they have their own set of skills for each pet? (ie, later abomination def had 2hnd styles).

There may be stat differences but not the specific stuff you're talking about. I think in 1.65 generally each new pet is just the best one to use. Those other changes came later.
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

Nachtdrache
Warder

Postby Nachtdrache » May 11, 2016 20:13

If I remember back in the day the abomination actually had a slower cast speed than that greater necro servant but who knows if that applies here.

This could also have just been a rumor though.

Hitori
Myrmidon

Postby Hitori » May 21, 2016 18:33

Abomination is the best pet u have in 1.65, the others have to low max lv.

(1) Minor Zombie Servant: max lv2
(4) Lesser Zombie Servant: max lv6
(7) Zombie Servant: max lv10
(12) Reanimated Necroservant: max lv17
(20) Necroservant: max lv 28
(32) Greater Necroservant: max lv39
(45) Abomination: max lv44

(x) = Number of Spell Level

Lewk
Warder

Postby Lewk » Apr 07, 2017 19:22

The greater necro servant has significantly less delay between his auto attack and being able to cast again (compared with the abomination).

Whenever i am buffed by a cleric, or killing yellows and below, i will use greater necro servant (as a lvl 50) over the abomination.

What does this look like in practice? without cleric buffs if your abomination swings melee and you cast facilitate painworking and queue up a mana tap, your abomination will never be able to get a cast off before the fp runs out.

With a greater necro servant, you will be able to get off at least one of the manataps.

With buffs, you will be able to easily get off 2-3 manataps with the greater necroservant, and there will be significantly less delay between melee/casting again.

Dromina
Myrmidon

Postby Dromina » Apr 07, 2017 19:44

Lewk wrote:What does this look like in practice? without cleric buffs if your abomination swings melee and you cast facilitate painworking and queue up a mana tap, your abomination will never be able to get a cast off before the fp runs out.

With a greater necro servant, you will be able to get off at least one of the manataps.

Then you are doing it wrong. All necro pets get 2 casts off with selfbuffs and should get 3 casts off with full buffs from a lvl 50 (enh) cleric.

Necro pet has a cast queue of 2 casts. You have to wait for a cleared cast queue before activating FP then the queue can be filled with FP and manatap resulting in activating FP and first manatap as next action. If you then activate the second manatap during cast animation of the first it will be queued directly after the first.

To get (nearly) always 2-3 casts off most people wait for a melee swing and activate FP and first cast directly after the swing with a cleared cast queue resulting in activating FP and cast after melee delay has worn off (and because abo uses a 2hand and greater necro is DW that takes longer on the abo. Both pets cast with exactly the same speed tho).

Lewk
Warder

Postby Lewk » Apr 17, 2017 17:05

Dromina wrote:
Lewk wrote: activating FP and cast after melee delay has worn off (and because abo uses a 2hand and greater necro is DW that takes longer on the abo.).

This is all i am talking about, the time you have to wait for the melee to clear. If you don't wait before FP you will not get a single cast off.

The post was asking for differences, and i was pointing that difference out. If you are trying to maximize kill speed and have a smooth experience, then i personally prefer the greater necro for that very reason.

Skandar
Myrmidon

Postby Skandar » Apr 18, 2017 14:23

one might suggest also to keep your pet on passive to avoid having to wait after a melee swing to cast. This works well for me on either Greater (faster casting and recovery) and Abom (better tank). Personally, I prefer using Greater because of the faster cast/melee. I can always get one additional cast on a mob before it hits pet than my Abom. YMMV

Return to Necromancer