Ablative song question

JaggedOne
Warder

Postby JaggedOne » Jul 04, 2018 22:58

The Minstrel has a group ablative song. What exactly does that do ? Does it put a shield on people in the group that absorbs damage ? What is the difference in this and the PBT that a Theurgist has ? It says "6 second pulse", which is the same as the Theurg. However, I think the PBT blocks a whole hit, whereas the delve on the Mins ablative song says "70 damage" on the level 50 song. This doesn't strike me as worth the trouble.

Can someone instruct me on this please ?
Never ask permission when you can beg forgiveness later.

Hibenosa
Myrmidon

Postby Hibenosa » Jul 04, 2018 23:17

PBT of Theurg absorbs exactly 1 swing (the swing does not hit)

THe Ablative of the minstrel absorbs a certain amount of damage when a melee strikes you.
Hibenosa, Legendary Alchemist and Infiltrator, 50

Hibenes, Legendary Tailor and Necromancer, 50

Hibenas, Legendary Spellcrafter and Cleric, 50

Hibenusa, Legendary Armorcrafter and Paladin, 50

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Jul 05, 2018 00:38

JaggedOne wrote:whereas the delve on the Mins ablative song says "70 damage" on the level 50 song. This doesn't strike me as worth the trouble.

Can someone instruct me on this please ?

Example: someone strikes you with melee for 50 dmg, then your song absorbs 50 dmg, and you get hit for 0. If someone strikes you or 120 then your song absorbs 70 dmg and you are hit for 50. It's a pulse like the Paladin chants, means, if you time it right you can double the effect in less than the pulse time.

Basically you take 70 dmg out of the enemy's melee potential every few enemy swings, for the whole group, which can theoretically add up to 560 dmg every few seconds.

It's worth it.
Albion Forever!

JaggedOne
Warder

Postby JaggedOne » Jul 05, 2018 01:24

Thanks for the info, guys !!!

Now a related question:

I saw a Necro looking for a Cleric. He said the cleric must have some kind of yellow buff or proc. Was he talking about the defensive proc under Enhancement spec ? So does this work like an ablative proc from an alchemist, i.e., it has a chance to proc when you are hit in melee ? And if so, I assume it lasts for some short period of time, like 30 or 60 sec ?

It has 3 levels - 29, 38, and 49. I assume 38 is "yellow" and 49 is "red" ?

Lastly, why is this such a big deal to this Necro ? Is he one of those guys that pulls a whole camp of mobs at the same time ?

Thanks in advance !!!
Never ask permission when you can beg forgiveness later.

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Jul 05, 2018 06:42

JaggedOne wrote:Lastly, why is this such a big deal to this Necro ? Is he one of those guys that pulls a whole camp of mobs at the same time ?

The Nec looking for that cleric was for sure one of the Death Servant specced ones. They use their damage shield and PB-AOE to kill mobs, and the reactive proc by the cleric has a chance to proc when the pet is hit, and heals it for 90 hp (38 enh spec) or 126 hp (49 enh spec). So the mobs hit for maybe 20 - 40 (don't know the exact numbers, never made a serv nec on Uth), and the chance for a proc is quite high with the huge amount of hits incoming, especially with goblins. So the pet basically heals itself by the proc only.
Albion Forever!

aylictal
Myrmidon

Postby aylictal » Jul 06, 2018 21:58

The pet also is treated as if it was them that casted the reactive heal, rather than the cleric, thus gaining more aggro on top of being healed, unlike the minstrel ablative which the source of that is always the minstrel itself.

Return to Minstrel