Plz help this noob !!!

JaggedOne
Warder

Postby JaggedOne » Mar 13, 2018 02:16

Ok, I made a Mins. I now have songs that require instruments. I bought a cheap drum for speed song and a lute for health regen. Now I'm running all over the place g;eefully fast !!! I stop and decide to earn some xp by killing this fat young bear. I press my Attack key (which worked just fine prior to getting these instruments), and it says "You cannot enter combat mode with an instrument". So I move the drum from the 2h slot to the ranged slot and try again. This time it says "You cannot enter combat mode with a fired weapon.". Ok, I used to be fairly smart, but I'm older now. Nonetheless, I discover that if I put both instruments and my trusty dirk on my qbar, I can then press the associated number key to equip whichever I need at that moment. Now things seem to work !!!

So I guess I'm just wondering if I did in fact figure it out, or if there is an easier way to do it.
Never ask permission when you can beg forgiveness later.

Baird_50
Warder

Postby Baird_50 » Mar 13, 2018 03:39

Seems like you got it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aelred
Myrmidon

Postby Aelred » Mar 13, 2018 03:40

The way that I like to manage my weapons and instruments is through the keyboard configuration panel. Type /keyboard, and in the second group, "Combat", you'll see Right Hand Weapon, Two Handed Weapon, and Ranged Weapon. Set these to whatever buttons you like and you won't have to worry about putting your items on the qbar.

Return to Minstrel