Any use without autotrain?

Magia
Warder

Postby Magia » Sep 18, 2017 17:21

I love playing minstrels, but I really don't have the time or patience to level one using AT now a days. Not as fun for something I can't dedicate all that much time to. Any good specs out there for those who won't AT?

Aelred
Myrmidon

Postby Aelred » Sep 18, 2017 17:55

The good news is there are plenty of specs for you, even without autotrain. And even more if you autotrain partially. With no autotraining, Slash will be the best weaponline for you. I would recommend 3 specs, depending on what you like.
    50 Instruments 43 Slash
    This spec gets you a good style, Backslash. It's solid if you don't care to have any kind of stealth play.
    50 Instruments 34 Slash 26 Stealth
    This spec will allow you to climb up keep walls, as well as have some functional stealth ability, while retaining a bit more Slash skill.
    50 Instruments 29 Slash 31 Stealth
    If you want to play as a stealther at higher RR, this is as low as I would recommend taking your Slash, in favour of Stealth. Amethyst Slash is too good of a style to give up, really.

If you were to consider autotraining up to level 36, you have the option of going 50 Instruments, 44 Thrust, which gives you an excellent 2nd in chain 27 second snare (Wyvernfang). I think Minstrel is one of the classes that it makes a lot of sense on, but the Slash snare, Side Slicer, is also very good for your role.

If you care, partially autotraining can give whichever spec you like a tiny boost, but ultimately it doesn't matter. Enjoying your play time is the most important thing, and the AT life is harsh. Check out the specs, and AT info, for yourself here.

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Sep 21, 2017 22:00

Solo AT to 20 was doeble, solo AT after that was like tearing your eyes out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kha
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kha » Sep 22, 2017 01:34

AT LVL 12 (very easy)

Then you can do 50 35(slash) 25(stealth) which leave only 1 point unused.
That's the spec i use. Solo, Smallman, 8v8, Keep raid/def is good with this spec.
I personally prefer the slash side snare rather than the trust combo one.
The duration is shorter, yes. But the impact is instant !
Combo snare with a detaunt (0 bonus to hit) opening can be frustrating in some situation.
Minstrel has a very low weapon skill, you'll get miss/parried/evaded/blocked often against melee opponents.

Hasbulat
Myrmidon

Postby Hasbulat » Oct 01, 2017 02:11

Kha wrote:AT LVL 12 (very easy)

Then you can do 50 35(slash) 25(stealth) which leave only 1 point unused.
That's the spec i use. Solo, Smallman, 8v8, Keep raid/def is good with this spec.
I personally prefer the slash side snare rather than the trust combo one.
The duration is shorter, yes. But the impact is instant !
Combo snare with a detaunt (0 bonus to hit) opening can be frustrating in some situation.
Minstrel has a very low weapon skill, you'll get miss/parried/evaded/blocked often against melee opponents.

50 (inst) 35(slash) 25(stealth) !!! This is only the skill what you need the autotrain for as a Minstrel.
The 50 Inst/44 thrust too, but there you have no stealth at all - that means you cannt clim the walls, cannt stealth. And thrust styles are poor compared to slash.

Return to Minstrel