Duo/Solo Minstrel; do you really need 50 Instrument?

Cyp_North
Guardian

Postby Cyp_North » Feb 15, 2017 14:31

Hi,

I am planning to do some soloing in the endgame and stealthing my way through to avoid fgs.

Stealthers will see me but that's fine by me. I will probably duo with some stealthy friends and sometimes run with FGs.
I am not AT.
I was thinking of going for endgame:
44 Instr
38 Slash
30 Stealth

I used to have a minstrel back in Excalibur 8 years ago or longer, with almost same setup, i think- (Not 100% sure...) I was doing pretty good, but ofcourse had full buffs.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks
Cypriot - Minstrel

elwuff
Warder

Postby elwuff » Feb 15, 2017 16:42

it you were doing pretty good as you say go on and do it.

for my playstyle it would be a horrible skilling, but if you already have a FG and some stealther buddies which will take you with this setup you are fine.

play what works for you !!!

Kaudo
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kaudo » Feb 16, 2017 14:18

Cyp_North wrote:Hi,

I am planning to do some soloing in the endgame and stealthing my way through to avoid fgs.

Stealthers will see me but that's fine by me. I will probably duo with some stealthy friends and sometimes run with FGs.
I am not AT.
I was thinking of going for endgame:
44 Instr
38 Slash
30 Stealth

I used to have a minstrel back in Excalibur 8 years ago or longer, with almost same setup, i think- (Not 100% sure...) I was doing pretty good, but ofcourse had full buffs.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

You should do 50 inst, 31 stealth 29 slash. Or if you can stomach a little bit of auto training, do it to 20 for 32 stealth.

going higher in slash will not give you as much of a dmg boost than having the last DD will. There are many fights where usually don't use my sword at all. Also, you are going to have a hell of a time holding good pets with that.
If a Paladin uses endurance chant in 1.65, and no one is within 1000 yards to hear it, does it make a sound?

Kai

FreedomCall
Myrmidon

Postby FreedomCall » May 27, 2018 08:49

How about 50Slash/44Instrument?

New to alb, just a paper DAoC yet but:

1. Not sure if stealth is really needed when I always bring a pet.
I saw some solo minstrel videos on Youtube, and there were videos that minstrels didn't try to stealth even 1 sec.

2. 44+11 vs 50+11 instrument doesn't seem to affect holding red con pet(ex.Levian-al) that much.
To hold a pet which is much higher than you, you have to hold charm chant keybind down for a bit anyway, like 0.5sec or so.

3. You lose your last DD, but get lvl50 style(Diamond Slash) which hits harder by far.
Even if minstrel don't melee a lot, there will be some points you need to kill your enemies fast.
In that situation, chaining Diamond Slash with Amethyst Slash could be a nice option imo.

What do you think?

aylictal
Myrmidon

Postby aylictal » Jul 06, 2018 22:10

The dd makes it completely worth it for me. But i play a minstrel like a real jerk and rarely melee at all, and fully abuse pets and often stealth as well.

50 slash is a waste in my book.

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Jul 07, 2018 09:21

It depends what you hit with minstrel, if you hit SCed characters lvl 50-51 then I would prefer more in weapon for 1v1 fights.

If you hit greys, and people doing epic quest, and people leveling in ZF, then 50 instrument is best haha.
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Return to Minstrel