Non At Mins Spec Advice

Superswordes
Warder

Postby Superswordes » Feb 11, 2017 19:58

How bad will my stealth be with only 32 as opposed to 34 and is it worth it just to get 29 slash for Amyth Slash?

If i plan to solo, will 39 slash make more sense then having the ability to stealth at all?

New to class and really enjoying leveling but wanna make sure before i hot 40 i have a game plan. I appreciate any advice!
Superduck QuackAttack - Lvl 37 ish Minstrel comming to an RVR zone near you soon.

elwuff
Warder

Postby elwuff » Feb 12, 2017 00:50

this is a question with a lot of different answers since there are a lot of different playstyles.
every playstyle has different preferences.

ask yourself what you want to do.

having high stealth makes sense when you run with buddies like infies. then the more stealth you have the smaller the range other stealther will see you, they will always see you with see hidden, but the range varies.

other mark is 25 stealth, because you can climb walls. as always some say its a must have, some say nobody needs, make your own decision depending on your playstyle.

29slash is the lowest mark, but a good one. even with higher slash you will use this style.

if you want to run grp you need some nice styles but you will not make the damage anyway, if you run solo you try to kite anyway and weapon is not so important, same for pet runners.

since its hard to get respecs and temps in the beginning and IF you want to climb walls you can start out with 50 instruments, 25 stealth and 29 slash and see what you prefer and later put the points where you want.

otherwise it would help top know your playstyle ;)

Superswordes
Warder

Postby Superswordes » Feb 12, 2017 01:59

Thanks for the advice. I mean i will most def want to runnwith stealthers so prob need higher stealth over weapon. Is 29 slash a necessity? How would 50/34 stl/25 slash work?.

I feel as tho thats best if i want to stealth and also be running in groups. Other option is 31 stealth if 29 slash is important.
Superduck QuackAttack - Lvl 37 ish Minstrel comming to an RVR zone near you soon.

elwuff
Warder

Postby elwuff » Feb 12, 2017 11:29

you need this 29 style, stealth isnt all. 29 is too powerful to leave aside.

Rumonice
Warder

Postby Rumonice » Feb 12, 2017 22:34

The 2 less stealth doesn't make much difference, stealthers will see you far out anyway. At higher RR it will get to 50 comp stealth with the rank + bonus.

Without AT you mainly miss out on getting 50 comp stealth earlier or the 44 thrust/50 instrument build is all IMO. Above 29 slash it doesn't offer much of anything as well.

Do the 50 inst/29 slash/rest stealth build, sounds like your best option.

Return to Minstrel