Minstrel RAs in 1.65

Sector7G
Warder

Postby Sector7G » May 01, 2017 02:55

It been a long time, but I remember AP being kinda big back in the day.

There is a reason why it's no longer an option.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Synderen
Myrmidon

Postby Synderen » May 01, 2017 07:59

Sector7G wrote:It been a long time, but I remember AP being kinda big back in the day.

Is AP not an option for minstrels on uth2?!?

Sector7G
Warder

Postby Sector7G » May 04, 2017 10:10

Synderen wrote:
Sector7G wrote:It been a long time, but I remember AP being kinda big back in the day.

Is AP not an option for minstrels on uth2?!?

Sorry,

No longer an option on live

Ardri
Eagle Knight

Postby Ardri » May 09, 2017 01:06

If i play this server long enough to get past 5L7 that's what i'll go next, but the others i listed just take priority over that. SOS/IP/LW are good in every situation whereas Avoid Pain is situational.
<Bushido>
Ardri - Minstrel
Quickonthedraw - Cabalist
Bareknucklechamp - Merc

http://imgur.com/P2fR3JZ

aylictal
Myrmidon

Postby aylictal » May 22, 2017 14:00

AOM > avoid pain.

I would get AP if I was solo for sure (after IP), but in groups, aom3, possibly even aom4 takes precedence in my opinion. I wouldn't bother with AP till rank 8 or higher. It'd be one of the last actives I would pursue but I play set groups pretty exclusively now as soloing gets old for me.

This isn't to say that AP isn't strong. Here is footage of my old guild albeit the skalds pov, but pay attention to the berzerker popping AP3 (time period was around launch of TOA). It's the troll in the video, but honestly, you shouldn't miss him considering he has a full group of tanks hitting him for a solid minute straight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwnilOhDIuI

Synderen
Myrmidon

Postby Synderen » May 23, 2017 07:13

aylictal wrote:AOM > avoid pain.

I would get AP if I was solo for sure (after IP), but in groups, aom3, possibly even aom4 takes precedence in my opinion. I wouldn't bother with AP till rank 8 or higher. It'd be one of the last actives I would pursue but I play set groups pretty exclusively now as soloing gets old for me.

This isn't to say that AP isn't strong. Here is footage of my old guild albeit the skalds pov, but pay attention to the berzerker popping AP3 (time period was around launch of TOA). It's the troll in the video, but honestly, you shouldn't miss him considering he has a full group of tanks hitting him for a solid minute straight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwnilOhDIuI

Yeah seems pretty strong.. Resolution is very poor, but it seems like Brutalix from mid/merlin :roll: Ohh i miss the old days on merlin :)

Kha
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kha » May 23, 2017 17:34

Avoid Pain is actually insane in 8vXx. [Got AP2, and i enjoy it alot inv 8man groups]
But for solo prupose, AOM will always be better.

As solo minst, you'll try to avoid melee fights as mush as possible (even if sometimes, no choice)

Previous

Return to Minstrel