8vs8

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Dec 22, 2016 12:08

I dont know albion fg rvr setups that well.

Will spell kiting groups or tank grps run a Minstrel? or will it only be pugs or solo/grp stealth war.

Feuille
Gryphon Knight

Postby Feuille » Dec 22, 2016 12:42

Sure, they gona run with a minst every 30min, when SOS will be up

Kha
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kha » Dec 22, 2016 13:41

Yeah that's a known fact : Minstrels are speed bots. :twisted:

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Dec 22, 2016 15:41

So they use a Minstrel as speed bot in both setups?

i just wonder, since i want normal fg rvr.

isocleas2
Gryphon Knight

Postby isocleas2 » Dec 22, 2016 15:46

Stasis wrote:So they use a Minstrel as speed bot in both setups?

i just wonder, since i want normal fg rvr.

They're mostly joking about the minstrel being a SoS bot every 30m.

A correctly played minstrel is welcomed by all RvR groups regardless if SoS is up. Make sure you practice using your pet, you'll have to be quick at releasing it once you or the pet are cc'd. If done right you become very tough to control.

If you're not good at using the pet I'd recommend rolling a different class or reconsider using the minstrel for 8v8.

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Dec 22, 2016 16:10

Useing the pet would be the same as Menta, Chanter or druid pet for that matter in hib?

Its an interrupt tool

isocleas2
Gryphon Knight

Postby isocleas2 » Dec 22, 2016 16:33

Stasis wrote:Useing the pet would be the same as Menta, Chanter or druid pet for that matter in hib?

Its an interrupt tool

No using the minstrel pet is unique and different than other classes. At times yes you will use your pet to interrupt just like other pet classes do, but you can release your pet at any time and if it is rooted or mezzed it will cease to have those effects. Also as you know when the pet is released it will then try to attack you, so if you become mezzed/root'd this is a great way to get out of it. Since minstrels can instantly recast their charm as many times as they want this becomes a very effective strategy.

If a minstrel can't do what is described above they will never truly be good at their class. Its one of the toughest in the game if not the toughest so if you're not up to the task there's no shame in it.

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Dec 22, 2016 16:38

That was neet a trick, didnt know that how they used there pet.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Dec 22, 2016 17:52

what isocleas2 described is what makes minstrel nearly unCCable
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » Dec 22, 2016 18:19

isocleas2 wrote:but you can release your pet at any time and if it is rooted or mezzed it will cease to have those effects.

I don't think that's true to Uthgard or correct. Yes it will aggro you, so if it gets to you it might come over and break your mez but I don't think releasing it will grant it purge.
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

isocleas2
Gryphon Knight

Postby isocleas2 » Dec 22, 2016 18:28

Nezix wrote:
isocleas2 wrote:but you can release your pet at any time and if it is rooted or mezzed it will cease to have those effects.

I don't think that's true to Uthgard or correct. Yes it will aggro you, so if it gets to you it might come over and break your mez but I don't think releasing it will grant it purge.

I could be mistaken, maybe someone who played minstrel on beta can chime in. From what i saw playing mid the minstrel pet when released lost whatever cc effect (besides stun).

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Dec 22, 2016 18:39

What would be my best duo partner at 50? Sorcerer? Cabby?

Kha
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kha » Dec 22, 2016 18:42

isocleas2 wrote:I could be mistaken, maybe someone who played minstrel on beta can chime in. From what i saw playing mid the minstrel pet when released lost whatever cc effect (besides stun).

Release the pet = Pet loose all CC effect.
Release the pet = Reset aggro table and go straight to the minstrel to hit him (even if far away from you).
Release the pet on uthgard : Doesn't work for now : 1911 issue.

So, for now, the best capacity of the minstrel doesn't work.

But could be fixed ... let's hope because it's THE nerf.

And yes obviously i was joking ... Minstrel isn't a speed bot (except if you only play your speed and try to "dps".

The role is more about rupt on several target at the same time, and big pressure on the enemy back-line.
At first you'll be able to rupt 2 target at the same time. And with practice and good pet managment, you can rupt 3+ if they are at DD range. (Send pet on first / Sword hit on second / flute mezz, even resist rupt + switch targets to instant dd stun or confuse on 1 or 2 other targets).

Also ... never forget to snare the enemy tanks passing close to you.
(side for slash direct and easy but 12 sec, or ... the thrust chain with the detaunt[no bonus to hit], better snare but good luck)

moha
Myrmidon

Postby moha » Dec 22, 2016 18:49

Nezix wrote:I don't think that's true to Uthgard or correct. Yes it will aggro you, so if it gets to you it might come over and break your mez but I don't think releasing it will grant it purge.

That is just wrong. Releasing a mezzed or rooted minstrel/menta pet always cured the cc. It was always like that on live servers and should be on uthgard as well. A well played minstrel is basicly cc immune if you don't kill the pet. Being a good pet minstrel is one of the most difficult characters to play in Daoc imo. But also one of the most rewarding ones if played correctly.

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » Dec 22, 2016 19:11

moha wrote:Releasing a mezzed or rooted minstrel/menta pet always cured the cc. It was always like that on live servers and should be on uthgard as well.

On Uthgard I remember:
Minstrels not being able to spam charm
Minstrels being able to send multiple pets on one player (pet did not aggro minstrel after charm gone)

Don't get me wrong, I really hope you're right - but can you please find some forum discussion about specifically the purging? I'm at work but I'll load up Live later today and test this.
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

Next

Return to Minstrel