Stealth Minstrel AutoTrain PSA

Ardri
Eagle Knight

Postby Ardri » Dec 14, 2016 17:49

imamizer wrote:
Kaudo wrote:This is not a bug at all. What you are doing is only electing out of the level 8, 12 and 16 points. Your first auto train will happen at 20 and then 24 just as normal auto-training occurs. Once you ding 40 you will have exactly 45 auto-train points instead of 54 allowing you to spec exactly how you wanted to and making the 5-16 levels a lot easier to handle.

It's a bug if you didn't respec before hitting 20. And congratulations, you have found a new way to gimp your minstrel just to have grey DD's and speed a bit earlier. You know tasks are the fastest way to 20 right? Those grey DD's will not help with killing task targets at your level at all and grey speed comes at level 12 if you AT anyway. Those points in inst will also have no use in a group killing red/purp mobs. If you are not going for 6 inst for the first charm at least, you sacrifice 9 more points for no benefit.

No it's not a bug. Read the posts above. By spending 9 points at lvl 5 you have those abilities at lvl 5, not at higher lvls 9 or 12. And besides, he clearly states the 9 points are left over in the build he's going so he's not sacrificing anything.

Learn to read before you post.
<Bushido>
Ardri - Minstrel
Quickonthedraw - Cabalist
Bareknucklechamp - Merc

http://imgur.com/P2fR3JZ

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Dec 14, 2016 19:23

Ardri wrote:No it's not a bug. Read the posts above. By spending 9 points at lvl 5 you have those abilities at lvl 5, not at higher lvls 9 or 12. And besides, he clearly states the 9 points are left over in the build he's going so he's not sacrificing anything.

Learn to read before you post.

if you trained an autotrain line you MUST respec that line to restart autotrain on it.
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Dec 14, 2016 20:25

The autotrain system doesn't care if you respec or spec into a line. It does 1 check at level 8,12, etc and if you pass that check you get free training.

And the check is very simple, at level 8 it is "do you have 2 or more of your AT line"? If the answer is no, it raises it to 2. At level 12 it makes the same check, but instead of 2 or more, it looks for 3 or more.

So you can train and respec (or not) all you want. What matters is the level of your AT line when you hit 8,12,etc.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Dec 14, 2016 23:01

Trishin wrote:The autotrain system doesn't care if you respec or spec into a line. It does 1 check at level 8,12, etc and if you pass that check you get free training.

And the check is very simple, at level 8 it is "do you have 2 or more of your AT line"? If the answer is no, it raises it to 2. At level 12 it makes the same check, but instead of 2 or more, it looks for 3 or more.

So you can train and respec (or not) all you want. What matters is the level of your AT line when you hit 8,12,etc.

crystal clear thx
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

imamizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby imamizer » Dec 15, 2016 00:42

Ardri wrote:Learn to read before you post.

k
Last edited by imamizer on Dec 15, 2016 01:04, edited 1 time in total.

Kaudo
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kaudo » Dec 15, 2016 01:00

imamizer wrote:
Kaudo wrote:This is not a bug at all. What you are doing is only electing out of the level 8, 12 and 16 points. Your first auto train will happen at 20 and then 24 just as normal auto-training occurs. Once you ding 40 you will have exactly 45 auto-train points instead of 54 allowing you to spec exactly how you wanted to and making the 5-16 levels a lot easier to handle.

It's a bug if you didn't respec before hitting 20. And congratulations, you have found a new way to gimp your minstrel just to have grey DD's and speed a bit earlier. You know tasks are the fastest way to 20 right? Those grey DD's will not help with killing task targets at your level at all and grey speed comes at level 12 if you AT anyway. Those points in inst will also have no use in a group killing red/purp mobs. If you are not going for 6 inst for the first charm at least, you sacrifice 9 more points for no benefit.

I've done the Minstrel with AT run twice now getting ready for launch from 5 - 20 (tasking btw). The DD's are way better than nothing so I wanted to share this information with others taking on this path. Why are you trying to put down my advice when it was meant to help people out? Are you saying that having a small bit of extra damage is handy? Not to mention you clearly don't even know how auto-training works. Take your counterproductive attitude elsewhere, myself and others don't need it.

Cheers.
If a Paladin uses endurance chant in 1.65, and no one is within 1000 yards to hear it, does it make a sound?

Kai

imamizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby imamizer » Dec 15, 2016 01:18

Kaudo wrote: Not to mention you clearly don't even know how auto-training works. Take your counterproductive attitude elsewhere, myself and others don't need it.

Cheers.

I have fully autotrained pala and minstrel (twice) here and I don't find your advice productive at all. It's about getting 2 abilities at level 5 instead of 16 as if those levels are the hardest part. Feel free to share your other ideas, I'll take my attitude to some other topics that make sense.

Coldstone
Warder

Postby Coldstone » Dec 15, 2016 01:25

thanks for sharing bro o7

edit: whats happen when you are respec at lv 50 your instruments line?

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Dec 29, 2016 00:31

I will be leveling up together with an Sorcerer and Cleric.
I will play Minstrel or Cabalist, will i bring anything to the table (AT to 48) until i spec into Instruments or will it be alot faster with Cabalist

Ardri
Eagle Knight

Postby Ardri » Dec 29, 2016 03:23

Stasis wrote:I will be leveling up together with an Sorcerer and Cleric.
I will play Minstrel or Cabalist, will i bring anything to the table (AT to 48) until i spec into Instruments or will it be alot faster with Cabalist

If you AT as a minstrel you will be worthless and dead weight. Cabalist will be infinitely better for your first class.
<Bushido>
Ardri - Minstrel
Bareknucklechamp - Merc

kajetanthemage
Warder

Postby kajetanthemage » Dec 31, 2016 23:03

if i deceide to play a minstrel and i want max skillpoints with autotrain what i have to do ?
i dont understand that autotrain mechanic

Glelle-Instagard
Myrmidon

Postby Glelle-Instagard » Dec 31, 2016 23:10

U have 2 Ways :

1st Dont spec Instruments Until u are 48

2nd u have to respec Instruments every time before u get the lvl up for the AT point so 48 44 40 36 32 28 24 20 16 12 8
Zerstörer der Seelen
Destroyer of Souls

Ardri
Eagle Knight

Postby Ardri » Jan 02, 2017 03:14

kajetanthemage wrote:if i deceide to play a minstrel and i want max skillpoints with autotrain what i have to do ?
i dont understand that autotrain mechanic

Autotraining are free points you get when you don't train into certain skills. Only certain classes can auto train certain skill lines. For minstrel, if you don't put points into instruments, you will auto-level up instruments for free.

Look at this: http://genuapp.appspot.com/char/class/minstrel.html and click "Autotrains : Instruments" at the top.

At those specific levels, if you have not trained ANYTHING into instruments, it will automatically level up. Hence free points.
<Bushido>
Ardri - Minstrel
Bareknucklechamp - Merc

Previous

Return to Minstrel