Autotraining Instruments to what level?

Ardri
Eagle Knight

Postby Ardri » Aug 26, 2016 07:05

To get the most out of AT'ing, what level do you need to get to before you can train instruments?

Edit: Does anyone have a link to the auto train levels?

Edit 2: Found it here, look at the very top http://genuapp.appspot.com/char/class/minstrel.html
Last edited by Ardri on Feb 11, 2017 17:23, edited 3 times in total.
<Bushido>
Ardri - Minstrel
Quickonthedraw - Cabalist
Bareknucklechamp - Merc

http://imgur.com/P2fR3JZ

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Aug 26, 2016 08:07

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

Chade Fallstar
Warder

Postby Chade Fallstar » Aug 26, 2016 10:38

With PL'ing not working (As I understand it because of the level difference cap) it's going to be tough as hell to AT a minstrel.
Reterrick - Skald

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » Aug 26, 2016 12:23

If you auto-trained to lv12 (for an additional 5 pts) the following spec could be:

50 Instruments
35 Slash
25 Stealth (Safe Fall II & Climb Walls)

Leaves 1 pt left over.

Viable?

Welcome peoples thoughts :grin:
Last edited by morry1000 on Aug 26, 2016 14:08, edited 1 time in total.

elwuff
Warder

Postby elwuff » Aug 26, 2016 12:55

hard part is to get to 24, after this you can use SP pet for healing with AT charm. then 24 lvl chainpull yellow :D

or you just leave AT, depends on final spec

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » Aug 27, 2016 15:18

elwuff wrote:hard part is to get to 24, after this you can use SP pet for healing with AT charm. then 24 lvl chainpull yellow :D

SP pet? Not familiar with that.

Can you enlighten me? :grin:

elwuff
Warder

Postby elwuff » Aug 27, 2016 16:09

morry1000 wrote:
elwuff wrote:hard part is to get to 24, after this you can use SP pet for healing with AT charm. then 24 lvl chainpull yellow :D

SP pet? Not familiar with that.

Can you enlighten me? :grin:

Devout Filidh heals for about 100 tp

Lucifire
Gryphon Knight

Postby Lucifire » Aug 29, 2016 06:18

I've done it a few times - just level with a guild and it shouldn't be a real problem.

Ardri
Eagle Knight

Postby Ardri » Aug 31, 2016 07:32

Lucifire wrote:I've done it a few times - just level with a guild and it shouldn't be a real problem.

Ok. Your name and guild? :grin:
<Bushido>
Ardri - Minstrel
Quickonthedraw - Cabalist
Bareknucklechamp - Merc

http://imgur.com/P2fR3JZ

Bates
Warder

Postby Bates » Dec 30, 2016 17:07

While leveling my minstrel what should I spec in to be of somewhat usefulness to my leveling groups if I'm Autotraining instruments? Just spec in weapon? Or am I going to be mostly usless? :?
Powertrip - Necro

imamizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby imamizer » Dec 30, 2016 17:14

Full stealth to be more useless maybe? :-P Full weapon ofc and try to get yellow/ora con crafted weapons while leveling. Starting from level 24 you should always carry a heal pet around. I always thought Non-AT minstrel in group is more useless since they play pom and go afk.

Kha
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kha » Dec 30, 2016 17:20

imamizer wrote: Non-AT minstrel in group is more useless since they play pom and go afk.

Well even if 95% does what you said..
Non-AT can provide a twist : Abs AND Pom AND Pet ( red or purple for tanky ones) that will probably do more damage than a melee dps at the same level (the pet don't need endo regen ... don't have a grey weapon ... etc ! It can be buffed aswell).
Or if no cleric a heal/buff pet like Arawnite Shamaness.
This means : perma twist & spam charm, not a single second afk or pet lost.

I'll show you !! Not all PVE minstrels are useless ! :twisted:

If you auto-trained to lv12 (for an additional 5 pts) the following spec could be:
50 Instruments
35 Slash
25 Stealth (Safe Fall II & Climb Walls)
Leaves 1 pt left over.

I'll go for that i think.
The 44 thrust snare is big, but it's a detaunt as opener ... no bonus to hit, and minstrel weaponskill is ridiculous. Too many miss.
Even if only 12 sec, the side-snare from slash is more viable (just my opinion)

Bates
Warder

Postby Bates » Dec 30, 2016 17:42

Kha wrote:
imamizer wrote: Non-AT minstrel in group is more useless since they play pom and go afk.

Well even if 95% does what you said..
Non-AT can provide a twist : Abs AND Pom AND Pet ( red or purple for tanky ones) that will probably do more damage than a melee dps at the same level (the pet don't need endo regen ... don't have a grey weapon ... etc ! It can be buffed aswell).
Or if no cleric a heal/buff pet like Arawnite Shamaness.
This means : perma twist & spam charm, not a single second afk or pet lost.

I'll show you !! Not all PVE minstrels are useless ! :twisted:

[

Will my Pet Suck XP from rest of the group?
Powertrip - Necro

imamizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby imamizer » Dec 30, 2016 18:04

Kha wrote:Non-AT can provide a twist : Abs AND Pom AND Pet ( red or purple for tanky ones) that will probably do more damage than a melee dps at the same level (the pet don't need endo regen ... don't have a grey weapon ... etc ! It can be buffed aswell).

A non-AT mini with no heal pet? That's even worse man. Melee pets don't do more dmg than a melee dps btw, more than a pala maybe. Purple pet while leveling? oO I hope you have the energy to solo up to 50, because that's what you will do most of the time. Minis kept bothering me with "do you want pom bot?" whispers while leveling all the time and I was playing a necro (lol). You will only get a group if you grab a heal pet (yes even if the group has clerics!), the group desperately needs pom (with a decent necro you don't) and there is no sorc available (there are always plenty of them). :twisted:

The 44 thrust snare is big, but it's a detaunt as opener ... no bonus to hit, and minstrel weaponskill is ridiculous. Too many miss.
Even if only 12 sec, the side-snare from slash is more viable (just my opinion)

And ppl always run in circle around you so you can use side snare :-P And with all the twisting, perma sprint is a lie for mini in rvr groups. You can't use it unless ppl stop and wait for you. With 44 thrust and a fast weapon it's not that bad. The first swing is almost every time a "miss" because of the PBT. Pop it with a normal swing before the snare chain and you are good.

Kha
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kha » Dec 30, 2016 18:18

That's two different Pov it seems ;)

The side skill is easy to land even if the target stick you (need practice but ...). That's a fact, sorry.
Probably more easy than 2 hit combo on ennemy tanks (that have a real weapon skill).

About the pets during xp feel free to think otherwise. After all your clerics are free to afk aswell.
But when i have a good one or 2 in group, yes, a 42+ red or purple pet will do more damage and tank more than a 35 mercenary OOE with 2 blue 85% quality weapon for example. (However you maybe plan to have a temped group to xp, or a focus shield / dot & run group, then that's different).
Want to test ? :lol:

Next

Return to Minstrel