Merc solo PVE?

Colwyn
Warder

Postby Colwyn » Jun 16, 2016 08:19

Is it safe to say that attempting to solo PVE level as a merc is a bad idea? Looking to consitently pull yellow/oj mobs with not a ton of downtime I'm sure No buffs or self heals at all make it hard. Same way with an arms man I'm sure.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong?

Rin
Warder

Postby Rin » Jun 16, 2016 08:48

Ya, I probably wouldn't advice on it, but if you can't find groups, it's a solution :) At higher lvl's it can be quite rewarding too because you'll get the opportunity to test some of the combos you have available. Soloing mobs was how I myself got to really learn my blademaster on Uth 1.0.

Remember: if you sprint while sitting down, you will regain endurance much faster. Might be helpful if you plan on soloing a lot of mobs :)

Amolin
Gryphon Knight

Postby Amolin » Jun 17, 2016 20:48

I guess it also depends on how you're going about it, no matter what from 5-20 you should be speccing shield, then it depends on whether you're full hog into DPS dual wield, or a peeling merc, you can do 20-40 with shield and respec out of it, technically Mercenary can be the best tank in the game if spec'd for it and can be a fairly strong soloer but it doesn't really shine until about level 40.
Realm: Albion
Class: Armsman

Onze
Warder

Postby Onze » Jun 20, 2016 11:00

Amolin wrote:I guess it also depends on how you're going about it, no matter what from 5-20 you should be speccing shield, then it depends on whether you're full hog into DPS dual wield, or a peeling merc, you can do 20-40 with shield and respec out of it, technically Mercenary can be the best tank in the game if spec'd for it and can be a fairly strong soloer but it doesn't really shine until about level 40.

Can confirm this. Atm my merc is level 15 (Saracen, 15 crush/14 shield) and blue mobs barely hit me. It would be possible to chain them if I would not run OOE after 2 mobs. Since I managed to get some fairly decent armor, crush weapon and shield (all yellow and important stats capped or near cap) I can even solo orange mobs now (much downtime though).

15 crush gives you anytime 6sec stun chain which enables you to pull off the crush back chain twice with a fast weapon. Works really good!

I'm undecided what to so with lvl 20... shield enables you to almost chain blues, as you almost loose no hp. It seems, shield tanks are also much wanted in groups. DW would give you more damage output with some nice positionals you could pull off due to crush anytime stun chain.

Final spec on live will be 47 DW/44 thrust/42 shield/rest parry btw. Can definitely recommend crush for xp'ing (very low endo use, 6sec anytime stun chain very early, and you AT thrust+slash this way)

Onze
Warder

Postby Onze » Jun 20, 2016 11:02

double post sorry

Return to Mercenary