Mercenary Spec

dabri0n
Gryphon Knight

Postby dabri0n » Jul 04, 2016 02:39

jimsen wrote:..

Style damage is still based on STR for DW. Else the first part is comprehensive.
uwu ~ orz
https://tinyurl.com/y75vcqqm

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Dec 21, 2016 17:13

50dw/42shield/rest slash

do you use the dw anytimer or amethyst(btw do you even use any other style from slash?)?

HulkGris
Phoenix Knight

Postby HulkGris » Dec 22, 2016 03:09

dabri0n wrote:Style damage is still based on STR for DW. Else the first part is comprehensive.

No, style damage is a percent bonus added to your base damage. This percent bonus depends on the GR of style, your skill in the spec of this style and your effective swing speed (except for PA and Bascktsab).

Your base damage is based on your WS, so it's based on STR for slash/crush, str and dex for thrust.
You can use weapon style, DW style or crit strike style, final damage will always depends on the same stat.

CowwoC wrote:50dw/42shield/rest slash

do you use the dw anytimer or amethyst(btw do you even use any other style from slash?)?

If your goal is doing maximum damage, you should use the style where you have the highest spec.
But sometimes, effect of the style can justify to use another style.
RIP : Ectoplasme
My own version of Uthgard Character Builder

Jamoca
Warder

Postby Jamoca » Feb 10, 2017 09:26

Thanks for that post ! :)
"Never, never, never give up"
Yurei Urahara - Infiltrator

aylictal
Myrmidon

Postby aylictal » Mar 10, 2017 21:59

I am 50/42/39slash currently.

If i get higher rank on the merc, then I will respec back into crush as I find it's one of the best damage types alb have even though merc doesn't autotrain in it.

The majority of first targets that I engage on a merc that if dropped severely increases the odds of winning the fight are:

bard
bm
savage
berserker
healer
skald

two of those are weak to thrust
two of those are weak to slash
two of those are weak to crush

four of those are strong against slash
two of those are strong against thrust
none of those are strong against crush

This is my justification towards a crush spec because out of this list above, none are strong against it, and are either neutral or weak to it.

This also isn't to say that I won't target a shaman or druid on inc. Without a doubt these are incredibly high priority targets that if dropped significantly increase your odds of winning a fight, but against good groups, you won't be able to reach those. The other mentioned classes above are far more likely targets against decent players.

Previous

Return to Mercenary