Inf vs SB Stat Buff/Debuff Analysis

Spacebrah
Warder

Postby Spacebrah » Feb 01, 2018 20:40

I'm considering rolling an infiltrator and so I have been reading on the forum about the various advantages/disadvantages at this patch level. I am seeing a lot about how Shadowblades have an advantage because of their ease of access to a +75 S/C charge item, which infiltrators do not have.

I'm a bit confused about why this makes such a difference when comparing a shadowblade to a thrust infiltrator (not a slash inf) when one also considers that infiltrators take half the damage penalty from the str and S/C debuff poisons and there is no dex or d/q debuff poison (at least according to nixian char builder).

Lets do the math (and please correct me if I am wrong about anything):

Infiltrator:

- str pot (+ 20 str)
- s/c pot (+30 str)
- s/c, str, and disease poisons ((-118 - 44 - 10) * (1 - 0.26) = -127.28 str)

- dex pot (+20 dex)
- d/q charge (+75 dex)

Total dexterity modifications: 20 + 75 = +95 dex
Total strength modifications: 20 + 30 - 127.28 = -77.28 str
Total constitution modifications: +30 con
Inf damage stat modifications: (0.5) * 95 + (0.5) * -77.28 = +8.86
Inf hp stat modifications: +30 con

Shadowblade:

- str pot (+ 20 str)
- s/c charge (+75 str)
- s/c, str, and disease poisons ((-118 - 44 - 10) * (1 - 0.26) = -127.28 str)

Total strength modifications: 20 + 75 - 127.28 = -32.28 str
Total constitution modifications: +75 con
SB damage stat modifications: -32.28
SB hp stat modifications: +75 con

*Note*: As I understand it, both Infiltrators and Shadowblades have access to the same base con, quickness, haste, and DA modifiers, so those are not considered here when looking at the differences between the classes.

After considering the availability to stat buffs and the penalties from poisons, the Infiltrator has 41.14 greater damage modifying stats, while the Shadowblade has 45 greater hit point modifying stats. I'm not sure exactly how these translate into percentage change in DPS, weapon skill, and hit points, but I'm sure someone out there has knowledge of this and could extend this analysis.

It appears the infiltrator will hit harder, while the shadowblade will be tankier. How this translates into an advantage sounds situational to me, but is not a clear advantage to the shadowblade like the other posts I've read make it out to be. Please challenge anything here that you think may be incorrect, I don't care about being right, I just want to know the truth about how this custom server operates.

Thanks guys!

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Feb 01, 2018 21:23

Is str/con charge an advantage? Yes. Is it insurmountable as some here would like you to believe? No. Nightshade are in the same boat chargewise and we fear no SB. That doesn't mean SB's are easy, but they are very beatable.

It doesn't look like you calculated the con component of the str/con debuff, and as far as I know str and str/con debuff poisons don't stack

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Feb 01, 2018 21:53

Well the str/con debuff charge and poison stack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Feb 01, 2018 21:54

But do really ppl run all these pots?

Danni-k
Warder

Postby Danni-k » Feb 02, 2018 14:16

most of the time i run just af and haste charge...if i am in a "hot-zone" like amg(lol) then it comes to haste,af and str/konst ......only very rare i use all available buffs cause most of the time its just a waste of money , and cirath that you with your ap3 NS dont have much problems with sbs is really no wonder *g at this patch lvl NS are by far the most powerfull assasine once they hit rr5 ......sb and infi are a 50/50 thing in my opinion.

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Feb 02, 2018 17:42

It would be rare for an infi to have a 75 sc dex/qui charge
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Feb 03, 2018 16:15

Stasis wrote:But do really ppl run all these pots?

Most do. I frequently see 4-6 buffs drop from solos when killed. Most SB definetly run str/con charge and dex/qui charge. Arven is the exception here. I usually run dex/qui charge, str/con pot, dex pot. sometimes str pot, sometimes haste charge. Yes, its expensivs. I generally spend 1-2 plat per week on pots/charges. also, you can only carry so much, and after an hr i am frequently buffless. just need to be a little more carefull then. I agree Arven that at higher RR nightshades have the clear advantage, but even sub RR5 equal and lower RR SB are a pretty even match for a NS. The high RR ones would murder you though, but so would high RR any class.

I dont think dex/qui charge for infs is as rare as it used to be, but someone in alb would know best

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Feb 03, 2018 18:20

I run with dex/qui charge, haste charge and a str/con pot. And Ofc end pots. I cant stand shuffling around with more than this. Space in the bags is a issue.

Even buffed like this i feel my dps is crap, Im rr2L9 thought. Rr5+ with the action/meta there is now will take me a year or so. I duo and had 1-4K a night its harsh.

Danni-k
Warder

Postby Danni-k » Feb 04, 2018 14:00

nobody said playing a stealther would be easy :) but the evern bracer is available for all realms ....not our fault if the albs are to lazy to farm it.

btw....gratz to rr7 cirath :wink:

Turano
Myrmidon

Postby Turano » Feb 15, 2018 00:27

Danni-k wrote:nobody said playing a stealther would be easy :) but the evern bracer is available for all realms ....not our fault if the albs are to lazy to farm it.

If it would be that easy to farm way more albs would run the charge
there is a big difference between onetimedrops or solo/small group farmable mobs in the epic zone and dragondrops or a high lvl bossmob in the most frequented pvp area of the game
my last hope for balance is SI, but that is so far away ..

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Feb 25, 2018 14:40

I got to 5l2 without running evern bracer, and did fairly well considering. Just managed to get my hands on one though :)

isocleas2
Gryphon Knight

Postby isocleas2 » Feb 25, 2018 15:05

Turano wrote:
Danni-k wrote:nobody said playing a stealther would be easy :) but the evern bracer is available for all realms ....not our fault if the albs are to lazy to farm it.

there is a big difference between onetimedrops or solo/small group farmable mobs in the epic zone and dragondrops or a high lvl bossmob in the most frequented pvp area of the game

It takes 1fg to kill and it drops a bracer pretty often, sometimes two even. I'm not saying its easy to farm but its much easier than some are making it out to be. Its certainly no dragon :)

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Feb 25, 2018 15:12

isocleas2 wrote:
Turano wrote:

It takes 1fg to kill and it drops a bracer pretty often, sometimes two even. I'm not saying its easy to farm but its much easier than some are making it out to be. Its certainly no dragon :)

I know albs can do it steadily with 4

Celteen
Alerion Knight

Postby Celteen » Feb 25, 2018 15:22

It's charge wars so get all available charges + dirty tricks =)
I would never use a pot if there is a charge available.
<<< This avatar is handmade by Inotor Wurzelbert : )
Check out the Mampfer-Threads for more.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25079
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26934

Return to Infiltrator