Poison Dot combo

Kha
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kha » Aug 07, 2017 15:58

Greetings,

Am a noob as infiltrator.
Just leveling one to poison stuff :twisted:

I do the leveling with solo yellow/orange conc.
6-8 weapons, all poisoned with Dot poison. I usually wait for second tick & switch weapon instantly to apply a new tick right after the second one (optimal DPS i believe).

Overall, it works perfectly, orange conc mobs take out 40% life max (no buff, no temp).

However, sometimes, it resist and says : Resist, spell failed, wait for spell to expire (something like that). When i try to apply new poison.

Is it just a real resist with wrong information in combat log ? Or is it something else ? I have to know.
90% of time, Dot combo works, it overwrite the previous one. But somehow ... sometimes ... it fails, WHY ?

Thanks for the help.

Kha
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kha » Aug 07, 2017 16:08

The exact combat log info is :

The XXXXX already has this effect.
Wait until it expires. Spell failed.

The thing is, 90% (even 95%) of the time, it overwrite without problem.

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Aug 07, 2017 18:03

i have found that poisons will not overite if the previously applied one has not ticked at least twice

Kha
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kha » Aug 08, 2017 01:02

Cirath wrote:i have found that poisons will not overite if the previously applied one has not ticked at least twice

Well it's wrong.
Actually when bad inc & panic i switch weapons at every swing and poison apply each time (used like an add damage ^^)

I tried to reproduce my weird error message in combat log, paying more attention this time... It appears it only fails when both poison are triggered at the same moment (the same attack round). I can apply 6 poisons in a row without problem, but if right-hand & left-hand dot poison trigger at the same time : Error.

I guess it's not a bug then.

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Aug 08, 2017 05:33

Yeah you're correct, it won't overwrite within the same combat round, I.e. dual wield. I wasn't thinking straight this morning :-P

Tulkar
Myrmidon

Postby Tulkar » Aug 09, 2017 10:34

you can swap weapons, the only class i could imagine having problems switching is a NS cuz if you spec wild arcana and get a crit dot- you have ( at least on a cave shamy ) to wait till the crit dot is over until you can apply a new one
No tears please, it's a waste of good suffering.

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Aug 09, 2017 21:35

Tulkar wrote:you can swap weapons, the only class i could imagine having problems switching is a NS cuz if you spec wild arcana and get a crit dot- you have ( at least on a cave shamy ) to wait till the crit dot is over until you can apply a new one

Confirmed. you cannot overwrite a crit poison with a weapon swap unless you get lucky and get another (= or > ) crit. Happens occasinally wben I didnt notice lifebane had critted.

Return to Infiltrator