Tips on fighting SBs?

jradic
Guardian

Postby jradic » Apr 24, 2017 12:37

Hey,

Only 2L0 currently and enjoying soloing RVR but I've come across a bunch of solo SBs who absolutely cut through me. I can tell they're using S/C charges vs. my +30 s/c pots. I've been making sure to use the S/C debuff as my first poison and try to run w/ the +30 st/con and +30 d/q pots and 17% haste but still only manage to get them down to 25-30% life before I die. Any tips?

Jarqo
Eagle Knight

Postby Jarqo » Apr 24, 2017 13:18

Try PA/Bs them or land atleast dragonfang :)
Best Sniper Ranger on Uthgard since 2007.
Looking for maps? Try http://jarqo91.wix.com/daoccamps

Grenouille
Myrmidon

Postby Grenouille » Apr 24, 2017 13:48

Tips on fighting sbs :

- As soon as you land your dragonfang, which will happen in most fights vs them, get ready to swap weapon to reapply s/c debuff first and dot on next swing, because they will purge that stun 90% of the time.
- Use disease debuff after he has used purge, or when he comes to less than 50% life, good sbs will use healpot which will heal them for 200 hp more or less. Disease lowers their str a bit (like 10 I think) and reduces that heal by 50%.
- Swap your weapons more often than they do : reapplying dot poison with each swing will boost your dmg
- Use healpot right next a weapon swing
- Don't use backstab : your s/c debuff will absorb all the dmg from the backstab style, you will land a 3 sec stun and will give them stun immunity, having 0 chance to land dragonfang.

Sbs are tough tho, they have 0% dmg resist on your leather while thrust has 10% dmg reduction on mid leather. They also often have relics. A lot of them use charges, which makes it even harder. You have to play perfectly to stand a chance.

Wraith
Warder

Postby Wraith » Apr 24, 2017 17:04

Best tip. Try to stay away from them, as they are extremely over powered.

Your chances of winning a 1v1 are very low. They have every advantage minus dragon fang, but since they will have +75 dex/quick str and CON clickies on top of buff pots, you are basically fighting a fully cleric buffed class that does extra dmg to you and you do less to. Your best chance is they mess up or don't have purge up. Plus they can attack 4 times every round, see picture attached. It is me fighting a shadowblade, note the 4 attacks every combat around.

Have fun.
Attachments
damage.jpg
damage.jpg (93.86 KiB) Viewed 6822 times

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » Apr 24, 2017 17:24

That screenshot looks like they got a a "double" attack a few times, that bug really needs to get fixed.

If you compare a Infil vs a SB using full buffs (that they can each acquire solo) the SB will have higher Weaponskill (about 60), however after both parties are hit with a str/con debuff, the Infiltrator will flip that to have a higher Weaponskill.

Str/Con charge is good, but the fact that they take 2x the punishment from str/con debuff reverses that advantage.

So really, the advantage a SB has over you:
-higher base HPs
-10% resistance to thrust
-more often have relic bonuses

Advantages you have:
-More spec points
-Dragonfang
-less punished by str/con debuff

Honestly, I think the problem you're having is the relic balance and at RR2, the lack of Dodger which would help get more DFs.
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

Grenouille
Myrmidon

Postby Grenouille » Apr 24, 2017 22:36

Str/con charge can be balanced with s/c debuff, not sure with that but I understand the idea. The d/q charge however makes a big difference. That + the 100% double hits

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » Apr 24, 2017 22:39

Grenouille wrote:Str/con charge can be balanced with s/c debuff, not sure with that but I understand the idea. The d/q charge however makes a big difference. That + the 100% double hits

But every realm has access to a Dex/Qui charge if not more than one.
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

Lev
Gryphon Knight

Postby Lev » Apr 25, 2017 12:55

Nezix wrote:
Grenouille wrote:Str/con charge can be balanced with s/c debuff, not sure with that but I understand the idea. The d/q charge however makes a big difference. That + the 100% double hits

But every realm has access to a Dex/Qui charge if not more than one.

do you have one? has anyone gotten one?
i guess you mean the drop from Evern.

or is there another one?

Kha
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kha » Apr 25, 2017 13:15

Dragon ring ...

Btw evern d/q charge drop is not 1.65 i heard ... Have fun with until they delete it someday.

bruts
Myrmidon

Postby bruts » Apr 25, 2017 15:06

How much are Recharge Costs for that str/con dex/qui Charges? Never used them.
-.-

Austerim
Alerion Knight

Postby Austerim » Apr 25, 2017 16:39

Kha wrote:Dragon ring ...

Btw evern d/q charge drop is not 1.65 i heard ... Have fun with until they delete it someday.
The staff themselves researched it and added it so don't spew BS. :oops:
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> You have to be a c*** to be awesome at daoc
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> that's what I learnt
[3:11pm] <Frosty_> then why does austerim suck
lordgriffon wrote:Oh by the way... ever seen a group of 8 smite clerics? Or play against a group like that? I have. Absolute devastation. The group that runs up against them can't kill them fast enough because smite clerics have sooooooo many tools at their disposal combined with decent ranged damage with 8 of them dudes doing it!

Wraith
Warder

Postby Wraith » Apr 26, 2017 01:59

I perf a shadowblade for 334 dmg.
Shadow blades perf me for 600+ dmg.

I'm fully templated.

There is much more if a damage discrepancy than you think. Even with str/con debuff, they are hitting for a good deal more dmg.

Grenouille
Myrmidon

Postby Grenouille » Apr 27, 2017 22:28

It can be a 2handed pa, he can have more critical strike than you, more buffs. That only isn't a proof sbs are stronger. Sbs are stronger, but it's not about who makes the bigger pa

KatinaZ
Warder

Postby KatinaZ » Apr 30, 2017 17:05

If someone would ask me...i would say then, that no one is interesting here to balance something. I think the plan is, to make 1,65 Patch with all old bugs etc. I'm wrong? yes, maybe but atm i have that fealing....

Uth1 was rly good balanced server. We will need now another 10 years to do it again. ... :gaga:

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » May 04, 2017 19:28

SB is just king, not because of class balances, but simply because of their ability to get 75 strcon and 75 DQ items easily.

Sure Albs can get a 75 dq item, if you have 200plat or want to be the highest roller in a dragon raid with 80+ people when the ring drops.

Next

Return to Infiltrator