theoretical infiltrator discussion (and questions)

nezt
Warder

Postby nezt » Apr 06, 2017 03:09

So in theory, if you are primarily using CS styles (plus maybe dragonfang) then dual wield only matters insofar as you hit the 65% offhand to-hit rate cap. And because the first two levels of Dualist's Reflexes are super cheap, why not just commit to Dualist's Reflexes II (+6% offhand, only 4 realm skill points), and save spec points that way?

For example, at RR5:

( ( 34 DW + 15 ) * .68 ) + 25 + 6

= 64.32 % offhand hit, only .68 below cap.

That means at RR8, you will have max offhand to hit ratio. Granted, RR8 is going to take a long ****** time, but what is the point of over 34 DW at RR8?

With this in mind, a RR5 spec of :

(with autotrain)

35 env
35 stealth
50 thrust
39 CS
30 DW

starts to look appealing, and that is why it is the basis of most of the cookie cutter specs you see around here.

However, how could we optimize this? How could we make the infiltrator simply output more damage per second?

The only way is to say ****** it and get rid of dragonfang. Due to Wyrd discoveries, you don't even need thrust that high if you go this avenue:

RR5 (with AT):

50 CS
36 thrust
35 env
35 stealth
33 DW

My question is this: how much is the 50 CS infiltrator going to miss dragonfang with that sick damage increase to CS styles as well as access to the four banger hammy train?

nezt
Warder

Postby nezt » Apr 06, 2017 03:19

And perhaps a middle ground RR8:

50 thrust
44 cs
32 env
32 stealth
30 dw

krycek
Gryphon Knight

Postby krycek » Apr 06, 2017 20:03

Dragonfang is real nice when it doesn't get purged. Seems to get purged more often than not though. If I were to go the wyrd spec I would be tempted to go slash over thrust for dmg tables. Would suffer more from enervating debuff and mid tanks though. I'm sure someone knows if its worth going slash over thrust if doing wyrd spec.
Krycek - Infiltrator

Soukou
Warder

Postby Soukou » Apr 06, 2017 20:13

On live way back in the day I ran wyrd spec as slash infil until rr4 or so when I decided to try thrust with df. I never looked back.

I then used thrust to rr9lsomthing before toa drove me away. Never even contemplated going back.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

nezt
Warder

Postby nezt » Apr 06, 2017 21:29

yeah imo there is no compelling reason to go slash over thrust

50 CS seems like the way

Return to Infiltrator