+ thrust in Template

Ancient Nemesis
Warder

Postby Ancient Nemesis » Mar 10, 2017 04:05

we are having a minor disagreement in /as

Do you need +thrust in template if you are spec 50 thrust for DF?

imamizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby imamizer » Mar 10, 2017 10:00

If DF is the only style that you will use from thrust line, it's a luxury stat. You should cap it if you are going to use a spec with low cs.

Puchu
Warder

Postby Puchu » Mar 10, 2017 13:40

If you use CS styles mainly you only need composite 50 in Thrust for max damage, the only usefull style from Thrust is DF for the 9 sec stun, no need to put +11 in Thrust for that (back in the day it was called Wyrd spec)

But still its not that hard to put +11 in Trust on your template if you really want it with DF jewelry to cap stats, hits, skills and most resist because you will put Envenom on two seperate parts.

Moondragon1
Gryphon Knight

Postby Moondragon1 » Mar 10, 2017 17:37

Your DD should hit harder and it isn't too hard to have in a template if you put the envenom on other stuff. So while it isn't super important, no reason not to have it unless you are really lazy about swapping items for envenom or super cheap on SC service.

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk
[img]src="daoc/sig.php?name=Frostdragon&s=-1 "[/img]
[img]src="daoc/sig.php?name=Moondragon&s=-1 "[/img]
[img]src="daoc/sig.php?name=Moondrake&s=-1 "[/img]

Moondragon1
Gryphon Knight

Postby Moondragon1 » Mar 10, 2017 17:38

I meant DF should hit harder, stupid phone keyboard.

Cecily
Guardian

Postby Cecily » Mar 10, 2017 22:30

So you could template +11 Envenom on main set instead of thrust with minimal downside?

Moondragon1
Gryphon Knight

Postby Moondragon1 » Mar 11, 2017 00:14

Yeah, if you don't want to take a few seconds to swap out 2 pieces of gear before applying poison, I guess. I wouldn't do it, but to each their own.

Ancient Nemesis
Warder

Postby Ancient Nemesis » Mar 11, 2017 01:57

I hate gear swapping nothing to do with being lazy its about efficiency. If I can cap everything except Spirit resists and still use Life bane and the lvl 50 combat speed debuff without gear swapping then I cant see a reason not to do so.

Puchu
Warder

Postby Puchu » Mar 11, 2017 14:10

Playing an Infiltrator isnt the easiest, swapping gear to apply poisons is part of it atleast in RvR, after a fight it takes a few seconds before you can apply poisons again, in that time you can swap gear and instant applying poison again, Infiltrators are very gear inpendant so the +11 poison on seperate gear give you more room to put for example more resists on your main armor set.

Ancient Nemesis
Warder

Postby Ancient Nemesis » Mar 11, 2017 16:25

Puchu wrote:Playing an Infiltrator isnt the easiest, swapping gear to apply poisons is part of it atleast in RvR, after a fight it takes a few seconds before you can apply poisons again, in that time you can swap gear and instant applying poison again, Infiltrators are very gear inpendant so the +11 poison on seperate gear give you more room to put for example more resists on your main armor set.

Not entirely true but I will leave you to do it the hard way.

my resists are capped (except spirit) my stats are capped specced for RR3 at 50 I will not have to swap gear to apply venoms. Its not that hard you just have to step away from cookie cutter temps.

Puchu
Warder

Postby Puchu » Mar 11, 2017 16:47

Ancient Nemesis wrote:
Puchu wrote:Playing an Infiltrator isnt the easiest, swapping gear to apply poisons is part of it atleast in RvR, after a fight it takes a few seconds before you can apply poisons again, in that time you can swap gear and instant applying poison again, Infiltrators are very gear inpendant so the +11 poison on seperate gear give you more room to put for example more resists on your main armor set.

Not entirely true but I will leave you to do it the hard way.

my resists are capped (except spirit) my stats are capped specced for RR3 at 50 I will not have to swap gear to apply venoms. Its not that hard you just have to step away from cookie cutter temps.

Forgot to say i use 99% armor and weapons, DF jewelry + the Abhorrent gem, with MP gear it will be probably easier to cap everything but iam not that rich :)

elwuff
Warder

Postby elwuff » Apr 06, 2017 23:13

if find i quite hard to cap everything especially with +11 thrust so i guess i will leave it, curious to see some of these "simple all capped temps"

and this sir is a nogo in my book

Puchu wrote:my resists are capped (except spirit)

what proc to you think will everybody use since most temps are lack of spirit?

Return to Infiltrator