Purchase new equipment money wise

Ficus
Warder

Postby Ficus » Jan 20, 2017 20:29

i'm an infiltrator level 9 currently. at which equipment color should i change stuff and which equipment color should i get? i got 10g from a kind guy so i would like to purchase stuff money wise to have decent gear as long as possible

Rynzer
Warder

Postby Rynzer » Jan 21, 2017 02:02

General rule for me personally is to change when my armor cons green. If you're up for it, you might be able to start crafting with that 10g and make armor for yourself.

Ficus
Warder

Postby Ficus » Jan 21, 2017 10:32

isn't 10g too low to get a decent level of crafting? since i have no farm character, isn't it cheaper to simply buy orange stuff when my equipment is green?

also, if crafting is better, is there any guide on how to raise armorcrafting? i have no idea how it works.

Rynzer
Warder

Postby Rynzer » Jan 21, 2017 16:29

You could probably get to 300 Tailoring (what I would suggest for an Inf, not Armorcrafting) by just straight grinding Tailoring. What you can also do is /whisper task to a Tailoring Master and get a crafting task to make an item and deliver it to someone. It's slow-going to level up crafting this way, but you generally make a few coins in doing so rather than throw money away.

There is a Crafting section of the forums here on the main forum page, you should check it out if you're interested.

Moondragon1
Gryphon Knight

Postby Moondragon1 » Jan 22, 2017 16:18

It's easy. Purchase new stuff when you're having excessive downtime fighting blues. This class always has downtime when solo, but when you believe it has become excessive, time to buy new gear.

Also, make sure you look at the epic quests and the rewards. Don't buy something that you can get for free.

Lastly, if you don't have a deathsight necro tailor, wtf are you doing? Use the necro to farm stuff, then bind at house 131 (both toons). Use the open house vault to give gear to your alt.

Problem solved.

Wraith
Warder

Postby Wraith » Jan 23, 2017 17:41

For sure craft.

I have a guide that i wanted to post but can't post the URL because im a new user apparently.

Basically, you want to be able to salvage the gear you get in groups to fund your tailoring skill.

Just good DAOC salvaging guide, and choose the tailoring section.

onizukasensei
Myrmidon

Postby onizukasensei » Jan 24, 2017 10:59

Ficus wrote:isn't 10g too low to get a decent level of crafting? since i have no farm character, isn't it cheaper to simply buy orange stuff when my equipment is green?

also, if crafting is better, is there any guide on how to raise armorcrafting? i have no idea how it works.

With 10g you can make it to ~300 Tailoring.
Given that you are an Infiltrator and will need Leather anyway, you will be able to salvage looted items as well.
Salvage will give you cash to boost your Tailoring further.

If I remember correctly you can create full Leather Armor set of level 10 with ~230 Tailoring.

dipndots
Warder

Postby dipndots » Jan 28, 2017 00:04

if you're solo leveling an infiltrator, i HIGHLY suggest you quickly level a cabalist or necro to 20 by doing kill tasks. while you're doing this, go tailoring and do crafting tasks as well. this will give you a lot of gold and tailoring skill by the time you hit 20.

you'll be able to keep your infiltrator in level appropriate gear AND finance a different tradeskill on your infiltrator such as alchemy. it makes leveling the inf WAY easier.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Jan 29, 2017 14:37

Infils can be weaponcrafter, tailor, fletcher or alchemist. Check it here
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Puchu
Warder

Postby Puchu » Feb 02, 2017 00:29

I recommend Alchemy for an Infiltrator, you need the buff potions later on in RvR, while the mending potions will help reduce downtime while PvEing.

Hibenosa
Myrmidon

Postby Hibenosa » Feb 02, 2017 10:19

how much did it cost you to get the first potion (Especially endu reg?)
Hibenosa, Legendary Alchemist and Infiltrator, 50

Hibenes, Legendary Tailor and Necromancer, 50

Hibenas, Legendary Spellcrafter and Cleric, 50

Hibenusa, Legendary Armorcrafter and Paladin, 50

Puchu
Warder

Postby Puchu » Feb 02, 2017 17:59

Hibenosa wrote:how much did it cost you to get the first potion (Especially endu reg?)

Didnt count, but expect a few hundred bucks, the Weak version of endu regen cost 2g 89s btw (cost)

Return to Infiltrator