Noob - Which weapons for a thrust infil?

Ficus
Warder

Postby Ficus » Jan 17, 2017 11:46

as title says. do they have to be the same or different? which on R hand and which on L hand? Ty

Caldrian
Gryphon Knight

Postby Caldrian » Jan 17, 2017 12:32

You usually want a slow weapon (like a Rapier or Gladius) in your right hand as it will do most damage per hit, especially with your crit styles.

You want a fast weapon for your lefty (like a Dirk or Stiletto) the reason for that is swing speed.

Lets assume you use a Gladius 3.7 and a Dirk 2.2. When you only swing your right hand, you will hit every 3.7 seconds (before modification by quickness and haste), but when both weapons swing at the same time, their delay is averaged, meaning the following swing will be in 2.95 seconds, this significantly boosts your dps.

Ficus
Warder

Postby Ficus » Jan 17, 2017 13:15

tyvm.

i will AT stealth, so i will probably max thrust and DW during exping (rest points in envenom? or CS?), and switch to CS at 40.

Caldrian
Gryphon Knight

Postby Caldrian » Jan 17, 2017 13:28

rest points in envenom, actually i would go max dw and split the rest evenly between thrust and envenom... low level critical spec without stealth will not be useful for you

Ficus
Warder

Postby Ficus » Jan 20, 2017 21:15

i have another question on this part:

Caldrian wrote:You usually want a slow weapon (like a Rapier or Gladius) in your right hand as it will do most damage per hit, especially with your crit styles.

You want a fast weapon for your lefty (like a Dirk or Stiletto) the reason for that is swing speed.

Lets assume you use a Gladius 3.7 and a Dirk 2.2. When you only swing your right hand, you will hit every 3.7 seconds (before modification by quickness and haste), but when both weapons swing at the same time, their delay is averaged, meaning the following swing will be in 2.95 seconds, this significantly boosts your dps.

so basically it is not very important to upgrade my left weapon, as the main damage is done by my R hand weapon? so i can keep a grey Lhand weapon (as the speed remains the same) and keep upgrading only my Rhand weapon to save some money?

Moondragon1
Gryphon Knight

Postby Moondragon1 » Jan 22, 2017 16:19

Ficus wrote:i have another question on this part:

Caldrian wrote:You usually want a slow weapon (like a Rapier or Gladius) in your right hand as it will do most damage per hit, especially with your crit styles.

so basically it is not very important to upgrade my left weapon, as the main damage is done by my R hand weapon? so i can keep a grey Lhand weapon (as the speed remains the same) and keep upgrading only my Rhand weapon to save some money?

I suppose if you're that hard up for cash. But seriously, get a deathsight necro if you're that poor.

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Feb 02, 2017 12:43

Gotta love that every problem have same solution. make a Necro

Puchu
Warder

Postby Puchu » Feb 04, 2017 01:04

Ficus wrote:tyvm.

i will AT stealth, so i will probably max thrust and DW during exping (rest points in envenom? or CS?), and switch to CS at 40.

You better off going slash for exping, many mobs are vunerable to slash. DW is overated at low rr, CS styles has a higher growd rate so more damage, but you go AT stealth so wait till lvl28 before pumping points in CS (Garrote). Keep envenom and slash at level and start putting point in CS at level 28. At level 40 respec to Thrust

Iam going this route and it works fine so far.

Return to Infiltrator