Confused about Respec and auto training

Terrio
Guardian

Postby Terrio » Jan 10, 2017 23:00

From what I have read for leveling putting points into DW then respec into CS at 40 while auto training in stealth is the way to go. What I am little confused about is if you are keeping thrust at level then DW then env. At 40 do you just put it all into CS? Other question is what do you do at level 48? You get the last point for auto training then dump all the points you can at that level into stealth?

Could also use advice on final build. I want to be as much of an assassin as can be.

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » Jan 10, 2017 23:24

You only Autotrain stealth, but since CS relies on Stealth to perf/BS it isn't going to be as useful when you have none.

Specs (assumes +11 in everything)
RR2: 50 Thrust, 39 CS, 38 Stealth, 38 Envenom, 18 DW
RR5: 50 Thrust, 44 CS, 35 Stealth, 35 Envenom, 18 DW .... Or you could keep CS at 39ish and have more DW. I think I'd lean towards the higher CS but if you're having a lot of troubling landing your offhand poison that's something to consider.

As you gain higher RR, lower your Stealth and Envenom so that your skill + 11 (items) +RR bonus = 50

If you want to save a little money, maybe go in to rvr with a few points lower than 50 stealth st first, that's your call.

So, leveling up:
If you are going to solo a lot, keep Thrust/DW/Envenom all close to your level and pretty even - shift it around when you get close to getting a better style or a better dot poison.
Level 20 example:
17 Dw 18 Thrust 18 Envenom

When you hit 40 you're going to want to use your single line respec to drop out of DW because it's going to be much higher than your end spec (or you can wait and use a respec stone but that will be hard to get).

If you use that single respec, and if you are going for a build like I posted at the top, then your 40 spec would be like:
36 Thrust, 35 Envenom, 36 CS, 10 dw <--- At this point you would primarily use your CS styles (Garrote -> Achilles Heal and Hamstring when you evade)

Then from 40-48 just make sure you don't put to many points into any of those lines so you can match your end spec. Once you hit 48 and get your last Stealth autotrain you can throw all the extra points you have into that.
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

Moondragon1
Gryphon Knight

Postby Moondragon1 » Jan 13, 2017 20:19

I should just add that you COULD stop auto-training at 40, which means you'd have stealth at 10 (instead of going all the way to level 48 to get stealth to 12). The difference is of course you lose the free 2 levels of stealth, which is worth 12+11=23 free points. So, instead of 77 free points, you'd have only 54.

So, you could still achieve 39 Envenom, 39 Stealth, 50 Thrust, 34 CS, and 25 DW. What you can't do is 39 Envenom, 39 Stealth, 50 Thrust, 39 CS, and 18 DW. That requires full auto-training.

If you want CS at 39 instead of 34, then you have really should auto-train all the way to 48. If you want to stop CS at 34, you don't give up much stopping the auto-train at 40 (25 DW instead of 26, but the style is at 25).

Ganaka
Myrmidon

Postby Ganaka » Jan 13, 2017 22:18

Nezix wrote:...
So, leveling up:
If you are going to solo a lot, keep Thrust/DW/Envenom all close to your level and pretty even - shift it around when you get close to getting a better style or a better dot poison.
Level 20 example:
17 Dw 18 Thrust 18 Envenom

When you hit 40 you're going to want to use your single line respec to drop out of DW because it's going to be much higher than your end spec (or you can wait and use a respec stone but that will be hard to get).

I'm finding this to be true for Nightshades as well. Great advice. ^^

Return to Infiltrator