Solo levelling an infilltrator

Malyss
Warder

Postby Malyss » Apr 09, 2016 00:25

Is it just a 'suck it and see' situation or does anyone have a handle on whether levelling an Infil will be less painful on Uthgard 2 than it was on Uthgard 1.
This was my first 50 toon back in the day and although a grind, I found it easier than when I attempted it(rather pathetically I'm ashamed to say) on Uthgard.

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » Apr 09, 2016 00:46

It won't be fun unless you can get into some groups. It will be faster than Uth 1.0 because of new camp bonus stuff.
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

Scalado
Myrmidon

Postby Scalado » Apr 09, 2016 14:53

After launch, there will be so many groups going that getting xp should be no problem, especially for dps classes (and of course healing, buff, pom etc.). Remember that the entire population will be concentrated on the lower lvl spectrum for a bit. Getting to 50 should be no concern.

However, getting gear and plats may be a different story, and that is why I wouldnt start off as a stealther. Get a good and reliable raid/farm char.

Malyss
Warder

Postby Malyss » Apr 09, 2016 15:46

Thanks for the replies,
I was thinking of levelling a Friar as a farming char as I could solo in RVR with him too (most of my play is solo due to fragmented and limited gaming time).

After that it is really a case of which rogue to level.

Scalado
Myrmidon

Postby Scalado » Apr 09, 2016 20:59

Malyss wrote:Thanks for the replies,
I was thinking of levelling a Friar as a farming char as I could solo in RVR with him too (most of my play is solo due to fragmented and limited gaming time).

After that it is really a case of which rogue to level.

Friar is certainly a very strong solo char. As I see it, you can go the solo farm route (slower, but reliable), e.g. salvaging/trinketing. Or you could go for a raid char and go for the big drops for your own templates and to sell to other players (risky as there is no guarantee you get something good, but potentially high trade-off).

The salvaging route is certainly useful for the start, as few players will have any money to purchase drops from you. So in your case, you could consider going Friar>rogue>Reaver.

The idea would be to salvage with friar for decent cash (and either get crafters yourself or pay someone), get decent rogue gear and go pvp, and once competition picks up (e.g. str/con items become more common), go reaver for some raids.

In terms of rogues, I would either go minstrel or infiltrator, since scout is too dependent on 30min actives in solo. Minstrel is undoubtedly extremely powerful and also provides a possibility of group rvr.

shade
Eagle Knight

Postby shade » Apr 14, 2016 16:58

If you plan to make two chars, just make them at the same time.
Group-friendly char for fast levelling and gold/item farming later, Inf with solo spec (poison) for the times when you just want to do something alone, are half-afk/TV/....
“DAOC is not about what you can log. It's about what you can play :> ”

Uthgard 1.0: <Die Lettanten> Ivia - 8L8 Nightshade - Lone Enforcer since 8L1.
Uthgard 2.0: <Illuminated Stormriders> Oxy - Hero; Ivia - Nightshade.

Malyss
Warder

Postby Malyss » Apr 14, 2016 19:49

I'll make a friar and a rogue straight off then, unfortunately, I'll probably make a necro and the other two rogues.
I'll try out an infil in beta to see how levelling goes and from there I'll decide wether to level a Minstrel or Infil when Uth 2 goes live.

Moondragon1
Gryphon Knight

Postby Moondragon1 » Apr 14, 2016 21:38

Necro easy to farm solo. Use coin for faster leveling infiltrator

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk
[img]src="daoc/sig.php?name=Frostdragon&amp;s=-1 "[/img]
[img]src="daoc/sig.php?name=Moondragon&amp;s=-1 "[/img]
[img]src="daoc/sig.php?name=Moondrake&amp;s=-1 "[/img]

Hibernianman1
Gryphon Knight

Postby Hibernianman1 » Apr 17, 2016 06:49

Don't ever solo xp, but if you have to, make sure you bring poisons and use your CS chain.

Popcorn
Warder

Postby Popcorn » Jun 01, 2016 21:24

Several people have expressed interest in making a pleveling pact (level necro/cabs then trade off PLing each other's alts to a decent level). BETA is a great time to make some friends and get in a quality guild for things like that. Just ask around.
Popcorn - Boosie - Cannabus - Medicated - Kernel
<Kill em All>

Warriston
Myrmidon

Postby Warriston » Oct 02, 2016 19:46

Here is my advice.

As an Inf, build your own groups. Just invite people. Once you are 3 or so, people will start asking YOU.

mstavra
Guardian

Postby mstavra » Jan 09, 2017 11:04

Concerning farming I think an infi can easily farm diamond seals on df.

At the moment I am lvl 10 and I do mainly tasks. The main problem is the lack of good gear. My spec for lvling is full dw rest weapon and envenom.

Bcopeland
Warder

Postby Bcopeland » Jan 10, 2017 09:43

I noticed once I hit level 15 and started tasking/xping in the Witrin area my coin went up 4 fold. I was able to gear up to yellow armor and weapons within just 1.5 levels of xp. Whereas before it was a struggle just to stay in blue/green armor and still buy poisons. It gets better quick with cash.

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Jan 10, 2017 11:57

mstavra wrote:Concerning farming I think an infi can easily farm diamond seals on df.

An unbuffed Infiltrator? Sure, AFTER being geared, and only if everything goes right. AND, you have access to DF, or, if already in, not getting ganked. Would be easier to concentrate on sapphire seals ... less stressful, faster and less "populated" with enemies. As an Infiltrator I would farm in the frontier, or maybe in Lyonesse, there are some nice spots.

Though, I cannot really predict how camped everything will be later on. Depending on the current amount of Necs and Cabs ... well, there's mostly more than 200 cabs + necs online all the time, it will be crowded on the farming spots.
Albion Forever!

mstavra
Guardian

Postby mstavra » Jan 10, 2017 15:14

silenced wrote:
mstavra wrote:Concerning farming I think an infi can easily farm diamond seals on df.

An unbuffed Infiltrator? Sure, AFTER being geared, and only if everything goes right. AND, you have access to DF, or, if already in, not getting ganked. Would be easier to concentrate on sapphire seals ... less stressful, faster and less "populated" with enemies. As an Infiltrator I would farm in the frontier, or maybe in Lyonesse, there are some nice spots.

Though, I cannot really predict how camped everything will be later on. Depending on the current amount of Necs and Cabs ... well, there's mostly more than 200 cabs + necs online all the time, it will be crowded on the farming spots.

I remember them farming the diamonds quite easy since stealth don't reset a mob when you have agro. So they were just spamming PA chain. As you said though you will have to be templated

Next

Return to Infiltrator