Race

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Mar 06, 2016 11:49

I usually count briton only if you want to be a slash infil, but what about inconnu?
worth it to take this race for the size and resists or you loses too much compared to saracen?
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Thalien
Phoenix Knight

Postby Thalien » Mar 06, 2016 14:26

Worth it for the size and the resists - i would say no.
Worth it and playable if you like the looks - yes.

Saracen might be slightly better but you don't loose much beeing inconnu.

I like sara resists more. It's 2% slash vs 2% crush inconnu.

Statwise might not even be noticeable at 50 buffed. 80 dex vs 70 dex and 50 con vs 60 con and 60 qui vs 50 qui.
All can be equaled through ra selection. I like more con better cause aug con would have low prio in my ra selection.

I would always take briton for the looks :)
Fabienne - Blademaster
Junia - Bard
Audrina - Ench
-----
Zoe - Sorc
Stella - Pala
Devon - Scout

Autarch
Gryphon Knight

Postby Autarch » Jun 24, 2016 14:37

Sara vs briton is very small difference.
For thrust spec, considering you give both 10 str 10 dext from the start, lvl 50, +75 dext and str, at the end since thrust is half dext half str you have 360/2 for sara and 350/2 for briton.

That s 180 vs 175 stat difference to your dps.
Briton will suffer a little less from str/con debuff than a saracen if he is thrust of.

Regarding evade chance, applying same logic, 10 dext 10 quick at lvl 1, +75 dext and quick from gear at lvl 50 a saracen will have 210 dext 168 quick while a briton will be 190 dext 168 dext.

The formula for evade base % is :

( ([Dexterity] + [Quickness]) / 2 - 50) * 0.05 + [Evade Level] * 5

Now do the maths, saracen will ends with 41,95% base evade chance.
41,45% for briton base evade chance.
0.5% difference.

Now resist, sara has 2%slash 3%thrust 5%heat
Briton is 3% slash 2% crush 5%matter

Matter of taste. I prefer briton resists (alb leather already resistant to thrust, Weak vs crush, neutral vs slash, 5% matter resist will help a lot vs ennemy dot procs from armor and weapons).

You see, it is a matter of taste you wont be uber or gimp taking one or another for thrust spec, what will make the différence will be item buff charges, potions etc... aswell as realm rank ofc.

uth49
Warder

Postby uth49 » Jun 24, 2016 15:43

pick up the one you like most. at the end, it makes little to no difference. it's a game so plan to have fun rather than focusing on the frustrating way of over-optimization.

Autarch
Gryphon Knight

Postby Autarch » Jun 24, 2016 16:29

This is what i was trying to demonstrate :)

Just pick what you like, at the end the difference comes from skill, stuff and fun.

kSerafin2
Myrmidon

Postby kSerafin2 » Jun 30, 2016 03:36

Totally. It's strange though, even when broken down like this, I always think the grass is greener on the other side! I do love the saracen though, and I make brits for almost everything else, so I like being a saracen infiltrator. But then again...more con and matter resist and they do look kinda sexy...but then again...

Autarch
Gryphon Knight

Postby Autarch » Jun 30, 2016 08:47

I did the maths for you.
If you love britons play one.
If you think 0,5% less chance to Evade and 175 instead of 180 melee stat (dext+str/2) tears apart all fun for you, then play a race you dislike.

Believe me any saracen inf will accept to be briton if it gives them ring of arcane gestures (+75 dext/quick charges).

As i said : skill, rank, stuff. This is what will really change everything.

And keep the fun.

Thalien
Phoenix Knight

Postby Thalien » Jun 30, 2016 09:23

You missed the 10 more con on briton in the maths☺
For me best look and considering ra aug con will come last if ever. At least my choice
Fabienne - Blademaster
Junia - Bard
Audrina - Ench
-----
Zoe - Sorc
Stella - Pala
Devon - Scout

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Jun 30, 2016 13:52

Thalien wrote:...and considering ra aug con will come last if ever. At least my choice

well thats a little contradictory. if it comes last, it comes last for a reason :D

uth49
Warder

Postby uth49 » Jun 30, 2016 14:07

what a huge waste of time, fun and energy when you optimize everything up to the last % you can, ..... and fail a fight just because you miss one attack more than expected !!!
it's a game, please have fun ! forget about math, stats and all this expert mindset; experts don't have fun, they have results : not the same !

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Jun 30, 2016 14:22

uth49 wrote:what a huge waste of time, fun and energy when you optimize everything up to the last % you can, ..... and fail a fight just because you miss one attack more than expected !!!
it's a game, please have fun ! forget about math, stats and all this expert mindset; experts don't have fun, they have results : not the same !

Have you ever thought that some people find fun in having their character maximised in every single way possible? I for one wouldn't waste my time on a character that I know won't be as efficient as another. Experts do have fun with their results. Others have fun just by going with the flow, even if that involves losing because they gimped themselves at level 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

uth49
Warder

Postby uth49 » Jun 30, 2016 15:02

@barto: you are right, don't take it personnally. there is a place for everyone there :)

Autarch
Gryphon Knight

Postby Autarch » Jun 30, 2016 18:32

my demonstration just showed you CAN optimize, but at the end, the difference is very small and my conclusion was : play what you like and/or do not say saracen are GODS.

now concerning con, the difference between a +10 con briton at start and +10 con saracen at start + lvl 50 + 75 con from stuff +200hp from SC =

briton : 1479hp

saracen : 1437hp

source : charplan

note : if the saracen decides to not put +10 con at start he will end at 1407hp, for briton it would be 1444hp

Thalien
Phoenix Knight

Postby Thalien » Jun 30, 2016 20:17

pweet wrote:
Thalien wrote:...and considering ra aug con will come last if ever. At least my choice

well thats a little contradictory. if it comes last, it comes last for a reason :D

You got me :grin: My thought was good to have some extra con when you can only raise it with ra very late.

@uth49
Paper daoc is the only thing left to satisfy the daoc addiction when the server is offline. All in all differences aren't really noticeable.
Some optimisation theory but in the end i always just chose what looks best :) Looks are always noticeable.
Fabienne - Blademaster
Junia - Bard
Audrina - Ench
-----
Zoe - Sorc
Stella - Pala
Devon - Scout

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Jun 30, 2016 21:29

Thalien wrote:Paper daoc is the only thing left to satisfy the daoc addiction when the server is offline. All in all differences aren't really noticeable.
Some optimisation theory but in the end i always just chose what looks best :) Looks are always noticeable.

In this case you're right. But in general, not so much. Like a firby animist wouldn't be a great choice, even if you think it looks fantastic.
My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

Next

Return to Infiltrator