Procs & Charges

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Jan 31, 2018 19:55

Is anything else useful than abla on armor and dot on weapon?

IceeW
Guardian

Postby IceeW » Jan 31, 2018 21:59

AF and 1500 range dd charges. Craft a few MP cloth items (10 charges for MP) and you can swap them out for your SC'd gear once you pop the charge.

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Feb 01, 2018 20:39

IceeW wrote:AF and 1500 range dd charges. Craft a few MP cloth items (10 charges for MP) and you can swap them out for your SC'd gear once you pop the charge.

I thought the dd charges share the same global timer, how could you swap armor for dd with that given - or don't they share the same timer?

Why AF? We have base AF buff and spec af buff. /shrug

Aelred
Myrmidon

Postby Aelred » Feb 01, 2018 21:23

Player crafted charges share a 3 minute timer, while dropped item charges share a separate 1 minute timer. I haven't tried using an AF charge with a Friar's spec AF buff, so I couldn't say for certain, but I would guess that they don't stack. A haste charge, however, would be very useful to keep up while your self haste buff is on cooldown.

If you are worried about the charges' cooldowns interfering with each other, you could use the haste charge from a Wondrous Bracer of Alacrity, while keeping a DD charge on your shield or something. Alternatively, you could use haste potions instead, but those are fairly inconvenient for many reasons.

I might also suggest getting a staff with a DD proc on it, in addition to one with a DoT proc. Assuming from your other post that you still want to smallman, rather than only solo, a DD proc is much more versatile because you don't have to worry about the proc breaking your snares or a friend's CC after you have left your target.

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Feb 03, 2018 19:41

Aelred wrote:Player crafted charges share a 3 minute timer, while dropped item charges share a separate 1 minute timer. I haven't tried using an AF charge with a Friar's spec AF buff, so I couldn't say for certain, but I would guess that they don't stack. A haste charge, however, would be very useful to keep up while your self haste buff is on cooldown.

If you are worried about the charges' cooldowns interfering with each other, you could use the haste charge from a Wondrous Bracer of Alacrity, while keeping a DD charge on your shield or something. Alternatively, you could use haste potions instead, but those are fairly inconvenient for many reasons.

I might also suggest getting a staff with a DD proc on it, in addition to one with a DoT proc. Assuming from your other post that you still want to smallman, rather than only solo, a DD proc is much more versatile because you don't have to worry about the proc breaking your snares or a friend's CC after you have left your target.

AF buffs of item charge and selfbuff obviously don't stack, since they are both spec buffs, thats why i was wondering about that advise from IceeW. Haste buffs is useful for sure, but many drop items have it, pots have it and friars bring it. So no need to put it on armor, imho. A second staff with dd proc on it seems like a good idea, i will consider this.

But how about the hp leech charge, is it worth it? And whats with the debuff charges, are they?

Aelred
Myrmidon

Postby Aelred » Feb 03, 2018 22:01

Unfortunately, all of the other player crafted offensive charges only have 300 range, compared to the cold, spirit, and energy DD's 1500. While the others are certainly useful in solo, the best use of those charges in smallman IMO is interrupting, and 300 range won't cut it for that purpose.

Whether you want a player-crafted debuff, DoT, or lifedrain of course depends on what classes you're fighting, and what other charges you're using from dropped items.

Return to Friar