Regarding the RA "Reflex Attack"

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » May 04, 2017 16:37

First off hello to Uthgard! Glad to be playing here, and having a blast. I played forever ago, and on a whim tried getting back into things. I tried live a bit last month, but it just isn't for me...so I rerolled here.

I'm just leveling up now, (with the help of the great folks in <Riot Control>) and sometimes it's nice to daydream about the RAs to have someday. Reflex attack sounds enticing, but I'm curious if anybody has tried it. It's a 30 second ability usable every 30 minutes that automatically counter attacks every attack you receive.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My question is: DOES AN INCOMING ATTACK ACTUALLY HAVE TO LAND IN ORDER FOR THE AUTO-ATTACK TO ACTIVATE? Obviously as a 14 point goof-off ability it's a long time before I'd be ready to try it myself...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^^That's the main question...

And how does the RA work regarding dual weapon wielders? Would I conceivably swing after the main-hand attack and off-hand?

And to the point of over-analysis...if a Savage were to quad swing at me, would I swing 4 auto hits right back?

As long as I'm typing a novel here, I'll ask one more question: is it a very visible & obvious ability (like say, vendo)?

I did find some info on the later passive 5 level ability it turned into referring to the "Reflex Attack nerf" So who knows maybe it's great.

Is it possible server populations could dwindle if people figure out 1.65 is the overpowered Friar-Bruce-Lee patch? 8)

Cheers all, thanks for any info.
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Colqhoun
Guardian

Postby Colqhoun » May 05, 2017 02:40

It doesn't work here at all. I got the RA with the hopes of destroying stealthers 2v1 and really putting the hurt on zerk/savage trains that got on me. It doesn't do anything at all, it is bugged. I should have put in a bug request for it but the staff has enough bugs to look at as it is and basically I'm the only friar who is even RVRing.

I too had a lot of questions about it because it is 30 seconds of counterattacking and it used to be if you spammed boon hard enough it would style the counter. Anyway I tried it like 5 times with assist trains of all sorts on me and nothing ever happened, it is a scam RA that steals your points.

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » May 05, 2017 18:46

Well, that's lame :?

Maybe by the time I make to 50 and up some realm ranks it'll get some love.
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Cecily
Guardian

Postby Cecily » May 06, 2017 00:49

I guess while we're on the subject, how good is Trip RA? Is the snare a normal melee break? How big is the AE?

playfull
Myrmidon

Postby playfull » May 06, 2017 18:48

Colqhoun wrote:It doesn't work here at all. I got the RA with the hopes of destroying stealthers 2v1 and really putting the hurt on zerk/savage trains that got on me. It doesn't do anything at all, it is bugged. I should have put in a bug request for it but the staff has enough bugs to look at as it is and basically I'm the only friar who is even RVRing.

I too had a lot of questions about it because it is 30 seconds of counterattacking and it used to be if you spammed boon hard enough it would style the counter. Anyway I tried it like 5 times with assist trains of all sorts on me and nothing ever happened, it is a scam RA that steals your points.

you should take some screenshots and make a ticket!

Cadeg
Warder

Postby Cadeg » Sep 22, 2017 11:08

test during beta, work well at this moment ... but you need to take damage to counter attack ...
and not being stun !

patouch
Myrmidon

Postby patouch » Sep 22, 2017 14:27

so, counteratack doesn't trigger on an evaded or parried swing? 14 points is expensive if it triggers only on damage taken

Pyru
Warder

Postby Pyru » Oct 05, 2017 19:56

no, ive tested it also recently

even when taking damage it does nothing at all, tried it in 3 different duels before wasting another RA respec to drop it

you activate it, the spell icon works and shows as active but as you take dmg from swings you literally dont counterattack at all, even tried it both swinging at eachother and only dmg i landed was my normal swings

ive open a ticket for it
Noflex

Tacos
Myrmidon

Postby Tacos » Nov 10, 2017 23:43

Is this still not working?

Pyru
Warder

Postby Pyru » Dec 18, 2017 10:05

Tacos wrote:Is this still not working?

nope.. issue is confirmed on issue tracker but not assigned yet unfortunately (not holding my breath it will be assigned any time soon either)
Noflex

Ardri
Eagle Knight

Postby Ardri » Dec 31, 2017 03:54

When i tested this is beta i remember it being a terrible RA. Basically someone HAD to hit you, and then you had a percent chance to do UNSTYLED damage to them. Proc rate seemed very low. Just plain bad RA and probably broken.
<Bushido>
Ardri - Minstrel
Quickonthedraw - Cabalist
Bareknucklechamp - Merc

http://imgur.com/P2fR3JZ

zenobya
Myrmidon

Postby zenobya » Jul 27, 2018 14:50

it was suposed to work all time at old times i had it on my friar and had a duel with a savage and i was atacking to him even stuned and he was tri-quading and i was atacking back at same numbers but problme was on you ahve to style each atack otherwise tehy suposed to be unstyled atacks. And the atacks you take does not mater to hit you as long as it counts an atack.

it is like you activated a damge shiled and damge shiled uses your staf base damage and name also implies that it is reflex so you can do it even unconcuosily like breathing.

Return to Friar