What is the proper method for pulsing Endurance Chant?

Papa_Tizlak
Warder

Postby Papa_Tizlak » Feb 02, 2017 23:24

I've heard friars will pulse this to gain the end without having to pay the power cost.

At what point should I turn this on and off, or what is the proper technique to using this ability?

Westcott
Warder

Postby Westcott » Feb 03, 2017 02:10

You take a small endurance hit every time you activate the chant, and by the time you've replenished that small hit, you've already began to lose power, so I'm interested in advice on the pulsing method. I've found that the endurance chant is more of a graceful game of judgement with the purpose of minimizing downtime until your power is depleted. It's typically heals that throw a wrench into it. When using slower staves I'm able to keep my endurance topped off and I drop the chant whenever my endurance is two ticks from being full. After deactivating, it ticks twice and that's that. However, with faster staves it puts far more strain on your power pool, at least if you're constantly using styles during battle.

Blitze
Myrmidon

Postby Blitze » Feb 03, 2017 11:44

I have never noticed a free endurance gain, you always have to spend power, at higher levels the effect is very minimal on your power, and with end redux buff and using more reactionary styles it's easy to keep end/power almost full.

Additionally, I hate fast staffs and it's a frustrating that the epic quest staffs (lvl 25 and 30) are 2.8 and 3.0 speed. :hammer: :oops:

Westcott
Warder

Postby Westcott » Feb 03, 2017 17:21

Blitze wrote:I have never noticed a free endurance gain, you always have to spend power, at higher levels the effect is very minimal on your power, and with end redux buff and using more reactionary styles it's easy to keep end/power almost full.

Additionally, I hate fast staffs and it's a frustrating that the epic quest staffs (lvl 25 and 30) are 2.8 and 3.0 speed. :hammer: :oops:

Saw your grave yesterday by the Undead Monks, Blitze. :)

I hated fast staves as well but I'm really enjoying these two epic ones. They actually land a reasonably hard hit and don't feel "fast but watered down" like regular fast staves. The speed also allows me to land several Figure Eight reactionaries between my evasion and the enemies next hit. In addition to that, the speed gives me enough time to get my side chain off after landing a Friar's Ally stun. Whether or not I'll go back to a slow staff now that Haze (level 30 epic) is almost blue is kind of in the air. The miss rate is so high with slow ones that fighting yellows/oranges feels like a gamble every time I swing my weapon, and in those very close fights, I seem cursed to miss three times in a row right at the end there. I spend more time shouting "F***ing hit him!" at the screen than I do succeeding.

Papa_Tizlak
Warder

Postby Papa_Tizlak » Feb 04, 2017 08:40

Westcott wrote:
Blitze wrote:I have never noticed a free endurance gain, you always have to spend power, at higher levels the effect is very minimal on your power, and with end redux buff and using more reactionary styles it's easy to keep end/power almost full.

Saw your grave yesterday by the Undead Monks, Blitze. :)

I hated fast staves as well but I'm really enjoying these two epic ones. They actually land a reasonably hard hit and don't feel "fast but watered down" like regular fast staves. The speed also allows me to land several Figure Eight reactionaries between my evasion and the enemies next hit. In addition to that, the speed gives me enough time to get my side chain off after landing a Friar's Ally stun. Whether or not I'll go back to a slow staff now that Haze (level 30 epic) is almost blue is kind of in the air. The miss rate is so high with slow ones that fighting yellows/oranges feels like a gamble every time I swing my weapon, and in those very close fights, I seem cursed to miss three times in a row right at the end there. I spend more time shouting "F***ing hit him!" at the screen than I do succeeding.

I'm still new to friar. Can you explain how you manage to get multiple figure 8s off one dodge?

Bladed Queen
Warder

Postby Bladed Queen » Feb 04, 2017 09:58

It isn't always possible, but a well-timed Figure Eight can be done twice before a mob swings back, followed up with the stun (Friar's Ally), and then a third Figure Eight before the stun expires. I normally only manage one Figure Eight before the stun and one after. This is possible because the game recognizes the mob's last attack as an evasion until they swing again. If you're lucky, they'll be evaded a second time and the same chain can repeat.

Westcott
Warder

Postby Westcott » Feb 05, 2017 06:54

Bladed Queen wrote:It isn't always possible, but a well-timed Figure Eight can be done twice before a mob swings back, followed up with the stun (Friar's Ally), and then a third Figure Eight before the stun expires. I normally only manage one Figure Eight before the stun and one after. This is possible because the game recognizes the mob's last attack as an evasion until they swing again. If you're lucky, they'll be evaded a second time and the same chain can repeat.

That's awesome! It's never crossed my mind to attempt that stun for the extra Figure Eight. I've always just queued up Double Strike with another Figure Eight as my backup. Just tried it in-game and succeeded. Thanks for the tip!

Desarix
Warder

Postby Desarix » Mar 05, 2017 11:38

This is really useful information. This is definitely not an easy game I keep looking at the combat text I am still not familiar with the animations of the friar but my friar is very low level.

zenobya
Myrmidon

Postby zenobya » Mar 05, 2017 20:11

it is easy if you see your friar bend his/her bely you evade if you hear a tinggg sound you parry and if you hear ah uh you hit and that is it:)

Desarix
Warder

Postby Desarix » Mar 06, 2017 00:20

Thanks for the explanation Zenobya

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Jun 23, 2018 09:27

Endu regen spell:

Personally I activate the spell before the mob gets to me.
Then I bring it to half life.
Turn off the end regen.
Finish the mob.
Sit and recuperate endo to full while regenerating mana and life.
Then heal myself up.

Rince and repeat.
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Return to Friar