Friar Leveling guide 1-20

Blitze
Myrmidon

Postby Blitze » Jan 12, 2017 21:35

Here is my leveling guide for 1-20, specifically for a Friar. My preferred speccs are given in < >.

Levels 1-4
kill blues and preferebly humanoids (they drop leather) e.g. brownies
and/or skeletons as they are crush weak.
and kill spriggarns (collect round chert and give to stonemason glover in Cots to get a new crush weapon) and kill tasks from Cots/Camelot East Ent.

5- <4staff 3 enhance> - buy a bronze shod staff 44s (if u cant afford save up) kill poachers or river sprites or find grp and kill tasks from Cots/Camelot East Ent.

6- solo kill large skellis by prydwen keep bridge (the bring a friend. be careful) and kill tasks from Cots/Camelot East Ent.

7- do your friar epic quest from trainer in camelot. Search for Sil quest from Nob the stable boy and kill tasks from Prydwen Keep bridge.

8-<5staff 7 enhance> do Father Hugrath quest from Frip by prydwen keep bridge and kill tasks from Prydwen Keep bridge

9- mithra or salis grps and kill tasks from Prydwen Keep bridge

10- solo boulderlings/undead druids near DF entrance in camelot hills and kill tasks from Prydwen Keep bridge

11- <10 staff 8 enhance> - do staff of life quest from llewellyn Camber by prydwen keep (just kill named filidh Aithe Con across river upon very green grass hill)
do your next friar epic quest from trainer in camelot and kill tasks from Prydwen Keep bridge

12- solo in mithra or salis grps

13- solo in mithra or salis grps

14- <11 staff 12 enhance> - do Sioms Staff quest from Siom in humberton (again kill filidh Aithe Con then kill Mystic Ulfwag at a goblin fort to W of Snowdonia St.)
and do Dragon Ant charm from Ember in Snowdonia St. (The Dragon Ant Queen is in valley right by goblin fort to W of Snowdonia St.)

15- do your next friar epic quest from trainer in camelot

16- kill Small Skeletal Legionnaires N of Castle Sauvage

17- kill Small Skeletal centurions in Cornwall (they drop leather) or get a Keltoi group.

18- kill Small Skeletal centurions in Cornwall (they drop leather hat/legs/sleeves) or Welsh Goblins in Lynn Barfogg (also drop a leather full set) or get a Keltoi group.

19- <18 staff 12 enhance 5 rejuv> - kill Welsh Goblins (also drop a leather full set) or get a Keltoi group.

20- do your next friar epic quest & kill Welsh Goblins (also drop a leather full set) or get a Keltoi group.

25- <22 staff 18 enhance 8 rejuv> do your next friar epic quest and get a staff

30- do your next friar epic quest and a another new staff & kill undead monks in llyn barfog

31- <29 staff 22 enhance 8 rejuv> kill undead monks in llyn barfog (drop lots of friar loot) can salvage at 500ish tailoring!

33- <29staff 26enhance 8rejuv> undead monks / SH Barrows groups

35 to 38
Hamadryads at lyo/cornwall border
Arawnite War/sham/hunters in Snowdonia (get good salvagable + RoGs)

39- Granite giants in Dartmoor or Hill scrags in Snowdonia

40- do your next friar epic quest and a another new staff

41- <34staff 35enhance 11rejuv>

my preferred speccs:
<39staff 47enhance 15rejuv 19parry>
<44staff 47enhance 7rejuv 12parry>
Last edited by Blitze on Mar 20, 2017 20:16, edited 7 times in total.

tommi01
Warder

Postby tommi01 » Jan 12, 2017 23:49

awesome - exactly what I'm looking for.

thank you

Keoki
Warder

Postby Keoki » Jan 13, 2017 00:06

Friar 1-20: Kill tasks.

acole87
Warder

Postby acole87 » Jan 21, 2017 18:17

Levels 1-10 were excruciating for me, having returned to the game after a decade far more rusty than excusable. I had attempted to do a task incorrectly once or twice and assumed that it was a feature not yet implemented, so I just did quests and killed blues the whole way there while simultaneously sinking my money into tailoring for armor.

Long story short, my armor was always blue, green or gray, my staff blue or green, and my damage output just awful. I was being taken out by some blue con mobs, and any time my character seemed to be gaining the upper hand in a fight vs. a yellow, he'd suddenly miss five times in a row, depleting my endurance and causing my death.

Then all of the sudden I hit level 11 and obtain the Staff of Life, and I'm downing yellows in four or five hits. Finally making enough money off of mobs in SP to afford things now. Glad I stuck with it, but wish I had come across this guide beforehand to spare me the pain.

Kennylives
Warder

Postby Kennylives » Jan 24, 2017 20:54

Are there any ideas about weapon quests or drops after lvl 20?

I did get a lot of friar loot (staff 89%, an armor set, rings and a necklace at least) grinding the hamadryad trees with my cabby at the cornwall/lyonesse border. Stats were meh, but better than nothing i suppose.

It was such a drag until lvl 11 that I don't ever want to have a crappy weapon again.

Unfortunately, DF weapons which would be the best alternative won't be easily available, if at all, for the foreseeable future...

Blitze
Myrmidon

Postby Blitze » Jan 24, 2017 22:04

Friar epic quest at lvl25 and lvl30 both give a staff reward I believe.

Also undead monks (lvl30ish) in Lyon barfog drop lots of friar items.

tommi01
Warder

Postby tommi01 » Jan 25, 2017 08:07

acole87 wrote:Then all of the sudden I hit level 11 and obtain the Staff of Life, and I'm downing yellows in four or five hits. Finally making enough money off of mobs in SP to afford things now. Glad I stuck with it, but wish I had come across this guide beforehand to spare me the pain.

where is the Staff of Life from?

thank you

Kennylives
Warder

Postby Kennylives » Jan 25, 2017 08:59

tommi01 wrote:
acole87 wrote:Then all of the sudden I hit level 11 and obtain the Staff of Life, and I'm downing yellows in four or five hits. Finally making enough money off of mobs in SP to afford things now. Glad I stuck with it, but wish I had come across this guide beforehand to spare me the pain.

where is the Staff of Life from?

thank you

11- <10 staff 8 enhance> - do staff of life quest from llewellyn Camber by prydwen keep (just kill named filidh Aithe Con across river upon very green grass hill)

sdchris
Warder

Postby sdchris » Feb 04, 2017 08:43

Wow! The staff reward from the Staff of Life quest makes a huge difference!

nilfisktun
Guardian

Postby nilfisktun » Feb 13, 2017 15:32

I cant find the Small skeletal Centurions in cornwall u write about. Any hints of where they would be?

Blitze
Myrmidon

Postby Blitze » Feb 13, 2017 19:08

Just a little past cornwall station, the road splits and forks left... The left path has skeletons in pairs all along it, until you reach a walled building with some higher lvl skelly legionaries.

nilfisktun
Guardian

Postby nilfisktun » Feb 14, 2017 13:48

What about the welsh goblins? Where are they?

Blitze
Myrmidon

Postby Blitze » Feb 14, 2017 17:11

From horse in Lynn barfog, head up hill and to the right, the Welsh goblins should be on your left, Beware as A high level and aggressive mob Called Mouth, is nearby.

sdchris
Warder

Postby sdchris » Feb 17, 2017 18:27

Do the skeletons drop good salvageable items? I currently hit 17 and was hunting ghouls, but I don't get a bonus from the staff. I only fought a couple but was able to nab a nice polearm that salvaged into a decent amount of alloy bars. I would like to fight skeletons if they drop decent salvage items.

popakoko
Myrmidon

Postby popakoko » Jul 09, 2017 05:12

Wish someone would do this for reaver with chain drops / quests .. Been following it anyway for mob my lvl .. TY please do this for all classes .. Everyone will like you ...

Return to Friar