Friar and the problem with CC

Vaoa
Warder

Postby Vaoa » Sep 02, 2016 07:56

Hey guys,

@ First: Sorry for my bad english :roll:

I have made a Friar (45env, 7rej, 18 parry, Staff 44 or 45 (can't rememeber)) yesterday and i was testing some PVE in Dartmoor. Thats very nice and comfortable to farm after that i try to do some RvR. Mh most of the time i was solo ( :roll: ) of course nobody want a friar in the grp, but this was okay! The Problem for me is to get some CC one the enemies. I have the Side Combo with the Stun at the end of the combo but i cant use them. How do you guys do that? Or just spam the taunt style and hope that you evade a lot ?
Can somebody gives me some tipps?

Thank you very much and again sorry for my bad english

Take Care
Vaoa

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » Sep 02, 2016 21:19

If you wish to 'CC' someone then you might want to think about a different class? Unless I am misunderstanding you?

Looking at the Staff line on the Character builder you get 'Friars Friend' which is a side snare and the stun you refer to is a 3-in-a-chain move which will be very hard to pull off in a real RvR situation I would think.

With all this said I really like the friar class, however it is very much a 1 vs 1 class, with evade as your primary defense. You cannot really cc anyone tbh as that is not the classes purpose.

it is a very efficient PvE farm toon, and if you spec high rejuv / Enhance it is a handy high end raid toon I believe? (happy to be put right on this if I am incorrect). Also 43 Rej / 49 Enhance is possible which means in a pinch you could replace the 2nd cleric spot if the group could not find another cleric, in an 8 vs 8 context.

Jack of All Trades, Master of None basically. But bear in mind that on a server with no buffbots you will be, comparatively speaking, buffed out the wahzoo compared to some of the people you will be fighting (small scale stuff, 1 on 1's etc assuming their pots are down or whatever).

Otherwise just hunt stealthers in DF :D

Vaoa
Warder

Postby Vaoa » Sep 05, 2016 16:21

hey thanks for answer but you misunderstand me a litte bit but maybe i dont write excatly what i mean.
So i try it again and i hope i do it better.

Your last sentence was really interesting for me because thats my biggest Problem. SB's are very hard to fight against him, what u guys are doing against him?
Normaly they openning with a PA and i try to purge the poison or the Stun, but after this chain my health are low... ~ 60-70 %. So u guys spam after that the lvl 29 Taunt style or try to hit with the Side combo?
Normally i try to purge and buff my self haste to make fast dmg but its in the normal case to late for it.
At the moment i have specced Purge, Dodger 3, Aug Quick 2, Aug dex 2, MOP 1 (or 2 ? idk).

What can i do different to win the fight ?

Take Care

Vaoa

zenobya
Myrmidon

Postby zenobya » Sep 06, 2016 14:04

vs stlhers i start up with defenders 8to slow down their atack speed) after that i try to strafe to get side chain(if 44 staf speced) if not i stick up with figüre eight(secondary frir boon if i fail to evade) and continue with stun or bleed combo after that if ia m i dir stuation fo need healing try to counter evade sane and ktie to heala bit

vs tanks i change tactic on stun kite if target is shild user if not pure open dps with WHO kills whom first

vs casters i always try to keep my tount for rupting their stun/root

if in groups i prfer usng side snare on my groups suport if not taking any havy damge or try to snare enemy groups guard bot
and chk out if any pets on my groups supoerts/casters

and if none of the above happening i will jump straight to enemy groups bard/warden/healer/runy/eldritch (i hate shamys so hardly goes for them(but if i got 44 staf spec iw ll go for side stun chaina nd vipe them with slef haste befeor tehy do sometihng nasty to group)

Vaoa
Warder

Postby Vaoa » Sep 08, 2016 21:55

Thank u very much that was a good adivce !

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Dec 21, 2016 15:17

Friar should have endless sprint. Use the evade snare chain then sprint away. Before that evade 2 sec stun chain.
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

Return to Friar