Spec & Problem with the Staff line?

Schaox
Guardian
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Aug 22, 2016 21:56

Postby Schaox » Aug 22, 2016 23:56

Hello everyone,


WARNING: LONG POST !!!
First of all, i'm french so my English could be bad. I'm sorry.

Then, I want to analyse with you the Friar.
We could make several Spec.

Buff & Staff I:
Rejuvenation - 1 | Enhancement - 49 | Parry - 4 | Staff - 44 | Point left - 1

Pros:
Good damage
All buff

Cons:
Low parry
Weak heal


Buff & Staff II:
Rejuvenation - 7 | Enhancement - 49 | Parry - 19 | Staff - 39 | Point left - 4

Pros:
Damage still good
All buff
Have Cure poison & disease
Good parry

Cons:
Lose style 44 (stun 8s on 3rd combo with a side of target opening)
Weak heal


Heal & Buff:
Rejuvenation - 44 | Enhancement - 49 | Parry - 1/4 | Staff - 1/4 | Point left - 1

Cons:
All heal
All buff
(who said the friar are an hybrid class?)

Pros:
Low damage
Low parry


Hybrid:
Rejuvenation - 34 | Enhancement - 38 | Parry - 14 | Staff - 39 | Point left - 6

Pros:
Good heal
Good damage
All yellow buff spé
Usefull parry

Cons:
Don't have purple buff spé


So we could discuss about what we prefer. But my point is the Staff line and the friar is the only to have access.
That means we could put 50 in Staff to have an original character. But we can't make that except if we do this:

Rejuvenation - 1 | Enhancement - 38 | Parry - 20 | Staff - 50 | Point left - 0

Worth it? I don't think so.
Not because the Template doesn't have heal and has yellow buff spé. Just because the Staff's styles aren't good for RvR and aren't original.

I don't talk about PvE because with a group or people who know how you play your friar (Template), he will be usefull.
In point of view of RvR, it's not the same.

The damage between 39 and 50 in Staff is important. But it's not worth it because someone with 39 staff and 38 enhancement could have 34 in rejuvenation. In RvR, you can't deny that fact.
The Staff could be save by the 44 and 50 style... Fail.

The 44 style is strong for the stun (3rd style of a combo side of target opening). BUT again, in RvR, you aren't alone. And someone could stun before you.

The 50 style is a joke. Opening parry... for nothing except damage.
If we compare that with Two Handed and Polearm, their 50 style are 2nd combo after behind the target opening.
Two Handed stun for 7 seconds.
Polearm hindered.

Others problems in the Staff line => no style with back opening, 3 combo base on evade style...

I personnaly prefer the heal style staff even if i think that was too strong at low level, it suited best with the Friar.


Don't you think the Staff line has some issues???

User avatar
Trishin
Game Master
Game Master
 
Posts: 5046
Joined: Apr 07, 2010 00:00

Postby Trishin » Aug 23, 2016 13:48

Just FYI before this discussion begins: We are not going to change fundamental game mechanics / balance. It will be as of patch 1.65.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Schaox
Guardian
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Aug 22, 2016 21:56

Postby Schaox » Aug 23, 2016 14:39

Trishin wrote:Just FYI before this discussion begins: We are not going to change fundamental game mechanics / balance. It will be as of patch 1.65.


Well so that means the friar isn't very good for fight in RvR (group) because nobody would group a friar with 50 staff and 38 enhancement without change. I'll go for heal & buff (RvR) or hybrid (PvE) spec. Thanks.

by the way, the staff has the damage based on STR or DEXT in 1.65?
Last edited by Schaox on Aug 24, 2016 09:23, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dvonipaja
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Jul 26, 2010 00:00

Postby dvonipaja » Aug 23, 2016 23:17

Staff supposedly was based 100% dex

User avatar
zenobya
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Aug 10, 2009 00:00

Postby zenobya » Sep 06, 2016 13:54

you have to thnk what friars are first:)

a friar is a passiv char developed for i wont atack you unless you hit me and for that philosphpy all game developers made msot ras of friar (expecialy Unix reflex atack) on to that basis

yep friar lacks any oper backstlye or smilar styles onto other stylees but it is a philospy of a char

Dingus
Warder
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sep 19, 2016 21:28

Postby Dingus » Oct 12, 2016 00:00

zenobya wrote:you have to thnk what friars are first:)

a friar is a passiv char developed for i wont atack you unless you hit me and for that philosphpy all game developers made msot ras of friar (expecialy Unix reflex atack) on to that basis

yep friar lacks any oper backstlye or smilar styles onto other stylees but it is a philospy of a char

This is pretty close to how I've always played a friar. You're never going to be a great peeler, dps, nor healer (debatable). That said you won't find many "elite" 8v8 groups that will want you. But if you spec to be "good" in multiple areas and learn how to play well as such, then you can make it work pretty well and make some RvR buddies that will invite you back. Or get into an accepting guild. ;)

I've always gone with this spec and I love it:
45 enhance
40 staff
25 rejuv
9 parry (I think)

It works pretty well solo too. The 44 stun is okay, but I prefer more healing with my play style. Plus, landing a 3-style chain can be very difficult, especially in RvR, even if you only factor in the RNG gods.

hazelhimself
Gryphon Knight
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Apr 19, 2015 23:01

Postby hazelhimself » Oct 12, 2016 10:16

Dingus wrote:
zenobya wrote:you have to thnk what friars are first:)

a friar is a passiv char developed for i wont atack you unless you hit me and for that philosphpy all game developers made msot ras of friar (expecialy Unix reflex atack) on to that basis

yep friar lacks any oper backstlye or smilar styles onto other stylees but it is a philospy of a char

This is pretty close to how I've always played a friar. You're never going to be a great peeler, dps, nor healer (debatable). That said you won't find many "elite" 8v8 groups that will want you. But if you spec to be "good" in multiple areas and learn how to play well as such, then you can make it work pretty well and make some RvR buddies that will invite you back. Or get into an accepting guild. ;)

I've always gone with this spec and I love it:
45 enhance
40 staff
25 rejuv
9 parry (I think)

It works pretty well solo too. The 44 stun is okay, but I prefer more healing with my play style. Plus, landing a 3-style chain can be very difficult, especially in RvR, even if you only factor in the RNG gods.


sorry, mate, but 46 enh, 39 staff, 25 heal, 8 parry is the way better spec here.

Dingus
Warder
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sep 19, 2016 21:28

Postby Dingus » Oct 12, 2016 18:11

hazelhimself wrote:
Dingus wrote:
zenobya wrote:you have to thnk what friars are first:)

a friar is a passiv char developed for i wont atack you unless you hit me and for that philosphpy all game developers made msot ras of friar (expecialy Unix reflex atack) on to that basis

yep friar lacks any oper backstlye or smilar styles onto other stylees but it is a philospy of a char

This is pretty close to how I've always played a friar. You're never going to be a great peeler, dps, nor healer (debatable). That said you won't find many "elite" 8v8 groups that will want you. But if you spec to be "good" in multiple areas and learn how to play well as such, then you can make it work pretty well and make some RvR buddies that will invite you back. Or get into an accepting guild. ;)

I've always gone with this spec and I love it:
45 enhance
40 staff
25 rejuv
9 parry (I think)

It works pretty well solo too. The 44 stun is okay, but I prefer more healing with my play style. Plus, landing a 3-style chain can be very difficult, especially in RvR, even if you only factor in the RNG gods.


sorry, mate, but 46 enh, 39 staff, 25 heal, 8 parry is the way better spec here.

Yeah, that would make sense. That selfish extra point in staff probably makes more sense in enh for the resist.

Which hib/mid damage is heat based again? Honest question.

hazelhimself
Gryphon Knight
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Apr 19, 2015 23:01

Postby hazelhimself » Oct 12, 2016 19:36

heatres is very useful vs. hib assistnukes and @ dragonraids. WAY more useful than that extra point in staff. friar deals very ****** dmg anyway sadly.

Dingus
Warder
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sep 19, 2016 21:28

Postby Dingus » Oct 12, 2016 19:51

hazelhimself wrote:heatres is very useful vs. hib assistnukes and @ dragonraids. WAY more useful than that extra point in staff. friar deals very ****** dmg anyway sadly.

Oh yeah, the "way of the sun" line. Totally spaced that, thanks!

And yeah, staff damage is not great. :\

User avatar
zenobya
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Aug 10, 2009 00:00

Postby zenobya » Oct 15, 2016 17:49

remmber a friar is only do good dps vs bards(they can kite you with endu song but WHO cares you ahve self endu to cath them)

User avatar
-l- Edgtho -l-
Gryphon Knight
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Nov 20, 2010 20:23
Location: Dunkeldeutschland

Postby -l- Edgtho -l- » Oct 16, 2016 12:58

46 buff 43 heal 18 staff... all you need on highest value

if u dislike the sidesnarte you can still spec

44heal 49 buff, but you have no melee styles (stealth as would you be a cleric with a small shield :) )

this are both grpspecs for a support friar.
but i think a grp like
cler cler friar theurg sorc minstrel arms arms
could also work with an melee/buff friar with minimum 7 heal (desease clear)
in this case the friar would be like a support armsman :D

in the end its (mostly) never the setup, but the players which make a grp able to win.

User avatar
zenobya
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Aug 10, 2009 00:00

Postby zenobya » Oct 31, 2016 14:44

a basic friar needs
7 rejuv
38+ ench
8 staff
and after that it can goes to role he/she wana play
for soloing having some parry useful on pve/rvr
for grouping having red resits 46+ ench with at least some decent healing 18+rej
from beta phase(2003 till to day i tested mabe more tehn 500+ specs on difrent typs of servers
and i fuged alitle bit of sometihng like this
if i prefer soloing i need at least red self bufs(45 ench min)
and 29+ staff wit 7 rej and 18 parry(why 18 becouse with high dex and with moparry 3/4 and a rank above rr6 i nearly cap parry for rvr)
for grouping i tested a ton but only these 2 isaw some good overal answers i get
firt one is
44 staff(i need a fast staff with speed 3.3 or faster to get sdie trio stun chain) fast staffs lack dps but wth a proc and damge add it fills the spot
48 ench (for rd cold buff i newer cared about matter ressit on friar and most say heat resit is a most but i thnk cold resist is way more beter tehn only geting heat resit on groups(remmber mid nukes(skald/runy use cold dd) while hib ns uses cold ressit as well(on ligth eldrict)
and 15 rej for %30 rezz(y it mgith not be much but still %30 gives dudble speed to run away tehn %10 rezz)

second one is overal heal friar spec
29 staff(for anytimer frir boon)
48 ench(for red cold resist)
34 rejuv (for yellow heal and yelow hot(it is not best but it uses beter healing value then bases with caped rej(a spec 43 rej single heales 420-470 hp while 33 rej one heales 320-370 while base big heales 280-320 and having less mana usage tehn base it is a good heal for hot part it is crap vs heal gain mana usage but it s still usable vs diseas spamers(shamy/eldy couse it bypases dises healing nerf)

also i tested a pve spec like 45 ench
34 staf
33 parry rest rej one
it has god for pve and mabe nice for rvr with some defenc ras like dodger and mopary
with this spec i ealy soloed nightmares scubus with perfect or 1-2 times hited befoer kill them
and it was legendary spec for me when i was fightig vs mumin (a savage above rr8 before nf expansion released around 2005-6)
he had procing trio-quad hits once in 2-3 hits and was fithng with him about 5 mins with out hitng each other and imagine i even used reflexx atack:)

Nixxo
Warder
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Jul 18, 2013 17:54

Postby Nixxo » Jan 17, 2017 19:52

I plan on rolling 49 enhance 39 staff 18 rej rest parry, for solo/small man.

If i were to 8's (lol) id go the 49 enhance 18 staff 40+ rej

User avatar
Blitze
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 97
Joined: May 18, 2010 00:00

Postby Blitze » Jan 18, 2017 21:33

I'll go either:

44staff 47enhance 7rejuv 12parry

Or

39staff 47enhance 18rejuv 16 parry

Next

Return to Friar

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Thursday, 06. August 2020

Artwork and screen shots Copyright © 2001-2004 Mythic Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Used with permission of Mythic Entertainment. Mythic Entertainment, the Mythic Entertainment logo, "Dark Age of Camelot," "Shrouded Isles," "Foundations," "New Frontiers," "Trials of Atlantis," "Catacombs," "Darkness Rising," the Dark Age of Camelot and subsequent logos, and the stylized Celtic knot are trademarks of Mythic Entertainment, Inc.

Valid XHTML & CSS | Original Design by: LernVid.com | Modified by Uthgard Staff