Friar question

Treyt
Warder

Postby Treyt » Apr 17, 2016 17:21

My friend and I are likely going to roll on Albion at re-launch. He is going to play a sorceror. I am debating on what class to play to duo with him. I will likely be playing far more than him and I want something that I can solo with, both PvE and RvR but also something that would be beneficial to his char for a duo. So I am debating on rolling a friar. No good for group RvR, i know. But for solo (i.e. DF and AMG) and small man, maybe?

I am thinking 44 Staff, 47 Enh, 7 Rej and 12 Parry. This gives the highest Dex, Con and AF buffs, Heat, Cold and Matter resists and cure poison/disease with minor healing capability.

Is the spec good? Is the concept completely impractical? Should i just roll a Cabby like everyone else?

Thanks!

Thalien
Phoenix Knight

Postby Thalien » Apr 17, 2016 19:11

Sounds fine imo. Playing what you like most always wins.

Friar is a good solo toon in 1.65. Rvr and pve.
Fabienne - Blademaster
Junia - Bard
Audrina - Ench
-----
Zoe - Sorc
Stella - Pala
Devon - Scout

Ohai
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ohai » Apr 17, 2016 19:35

Depends whats your playstyle really.
If you're shooting for a larger guild who will often run more than 1 group, then Friar will absolutely be used. Myself for example, i would totally put a Friar in the tank group if i were running 2 groups (which will be often), so they get the additional resists for their push.

Hibernianman1
Gryphon Knight

Postby Hibernianman1 » Apr 18, 2016 01:39

Friar sorc is a great combo but I worry that 7 rejuv isn't enough to heal during PvP. Perhaps try boosting it a little to see what you come up with?

Unless you don't plan on healing at all, then by all means :)

Treyt
Warder

Postby Treyt » Apr 18, 2016 08:47

Thanks for the replies. I was just reading through the Class for Uth 2.0 thread and there was a lot of good spec information in there too. I do think that I am going to drop my Staff down to 39. The question is, would it be more beneficial to get the highest resists or to bump my rejuv up to say...24? I would think that the disparity between my heals would still be so great at such a low level of rejuv that it may just be more beneficial to get the higher resists.

Again, I appreciate all of the feedback.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Apr 18, 2016 09:38

I think grp Friars spec lower in staff keeping enh high and raising rej. iirc in uth 1.0 a spec was something like 49 enh, 30+ rej and rest between staff and parry, but I suppose this specs makes hard to solo
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Treyt
Warder

Postby Treyt » Apr 18, 2016 10:13

Ilerget wrote:I think grp Friars spec lower in staff keeping enh high and raising rej. iirc in uth 1.0 a spec was something like 49 enh, 30+ rej and rest between staff and parry, but I suppose this specs makes hard to solo

Yeah, i dont want to drop the Staff below 39. I will be soloing more often than not on this character. I think my final will be 39 Staff 49 Enh 7 Rej and 19 Parry to start. I will see how that goes...

Now to decide on my actual group character. Paper DAOC is so much fun.

Ohai
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ohai » Apr 18, 2016 14:36

This is where you have to decide if you want to be better on your own or with a group.
7 Rej wont cut it in a group, one of the main things about having a friar in is being able to ghetto heal when you get rooted out of the fight. That 19 parry instead of rejuv will bite you when LFG.

Hibernianman1
Gryphon Knight

Postby Hibernianman1 » Apr 19, 2016 04:41

Treyt wrote:
Ilerget wrote:I think grp Friars spec lower in staff keeping enh high and raising rej. iirc in uth 1.0 a spec was something like 49 enh, 30+ rej and rest between staff and parry, but I suppose this specs makes hard to solo

Yeah, i dont want to drop the Staff below 39. I will be soloing more often than not on this character. I think my final will be 39 Staff 49 Enh 7 Rej and 19 Parry to start. I will see how that goes...

Now to decide on my actual group character. Paper DAOC is so much fun.

That's good that you've decided you want to melee more than heal. The 39 staff spec may work out well.

zenobya
Myrmidon

Postby zenobya » May 03, 2016 11:41

ther is no big difrence between 39 and 34 staf spec at uthgard for bypasing enemy armor reduction
and 39 style is nothing so usefull at all(an after style of counter wvade whic snares people)

but still we got a beta phase so you can test your spec outa tehre and go fro optimal spec later on
and if i were you and gona duo with a sorc get 44 staf for side stun with a fast staf(around 3-3.3 speed)
and 15 rej for %30 rezz and

each rej point incrse your base healing by %1.5 value and base heal rate goes as this (%25 + %1.5*skil level on rej)
so a level 7 rej gives you(talking about no item bonus and rank bonus) %35.5 value of actual healing
while 15 rej gives %47.5
for example if you ahve 7 rej t level 50 and using smal base heal(value around 120) you will heal about 70 to 120)
with 15 rej it will be as 90 to 135 it mgiht not look great but remmber friars value shows at his fast reaction on occurances

Return to Friar